[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I know a lot of you don't believe in the Christian God,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: God_the_Father.jpg (132KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
God_the_Father.jpg
132KB, 700x544px
So, I know a lot of you don't believe in the Christian God, or any god, but why is that? Some of you believe in Interdimensional beings, ghosts, astral beings and guides, hell you even believe in demons.

So, why is it so hard to say God exists?
>>
>>18430904
pray for wisdom and truth
>>
>>18430909
I actually worship another chaos goddess, and she's really nice.
>>
>>18430904
/x is in the end, a place where the occult and dark practices are rife. The people here are easy meat for demons to lure after all, and inevitably they hate the prospect of not being able to "do what thou wilt" without consequence. God after all holds them responsible to sin.
>>
>>18430904
I believe the entity commonly referred to as "God" exists.
I just don't think it deserves the title of "God", so I don't refer to it as such.
>>
>>18430912

Eris gives free hugs.
>>
>>18430919
That's actually not true at all. All you have to do is go sit in a dark room with a child rapist and tell him all the bad things you done and your God will forget all of your sins. Nifty, right?
>>
File: 1480181361072.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480181361072.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
>>18430925
>>
>>18431021
youre mixing catholicism with christianity. they are not the same. Also, your making the assumption that all catholic priests are pedophiles which is baseless. not only that, but corruption of this particular type exists literally in all facets of life, among all types of authority figures, in every culture all around the world.

and to answer your question, no it is not a matter of asking for forgiveness, it is a matter of repetance. again, they are not the same.

but i dont expect you to care.
>>
>>18431039
repentance*
>>
>>18431021
>All you have to do is go sit in a dark room with a child rapist and tell him all the bad things you done and your God will forget all of your sins.

>thinks this is what christians believe

no, thats what you believe.
>>
chrisitoanity generally prevents any sort of spiritual experience or growth. It's certainly good for reforming alcoholics, prisoners, and low life's in general, but it doesn't access anything. Instead of asking us why we believe in it maybe you should try studying and practicing something of the occult instead of being lazy and asking us about it.
>>
>prevents any sort of spiritual experience or growth
Lmao
You really should look into it a bit more
>The Son of God came to Earth and performed miracles
>His Spirit descended over his followers that they could perform miracles in His name
>2000 years of hermetic tradition, pilgrimage, philosophy
>The guiding force of Western civilization
>No strict rules, only requirement is a relationship with the creator of the universe

>It's certainly good for reforming alcoholics, prisoners, and low life's in general, but it doesn't access anything
Ok I'll be sure to tell Isaac Newton that when I get to heaven
>>
okay it isn´t complicated but the full extent of god is what is hard to understand. It demands study. Reading. Occult meditation. Mystic study. Etc...

Truly we can´t say god is an old man, as for a true adapt of the infinite energy he can learn through a simple leaf falling from a tree and see god in it. He can see the waves and perceive god in those waves.

Infinite knowledge is always indulging us to learn from it. Read the basic Hermetic laws that govern the universe. And you will start to comprehend physical laws living, replicating and extering gods infinite laws.

As for an example, "Alpha and Omega" in the bible, in this text we can acknowledge the fullness of gods power being as the beginning and the end. He is the soil that give energy to the plant yet he is also the butterfly that choices to evolve.

To understand and see gods face you just need to try.
>>
>>18430919

The truly enlightened master of /x/ play the silent game and let the disciple evolve through test and retests of the knowledge given on to them.

As an online mystic place of knowledge and learning each one learns in there own speed. I can only attest that /x/ was the beginning of my spiritual life as a whole. Reading from Buddhism all the way to mysticism.

I hope some true disciples read this and don´t lose faith.

>As the road is bumpy and the destination blissful
>>
>>18430909
Too bad retards like >>18430912
are too stupid to realize that just because someone gives you good things doesn't mean he's actually good.
>>
>>18431039
Catholicism is one of the oldest denominations of Christianity still practiced so yes they are the same. I think what you mean to say is that there's different denomination of Christianity that don't follow the same rules as Catholicism. Also as far as I know it's the only one where people repent their sins.

>>18430904
I don't believe in any of the things you listed and I will never believe in the Christian God. I refuse to believe that something that evil could exist and I would be completely terrified if it did exist. The Christian God is the most evil monster/being ever imagined by man.
>>
File: 1479749059813.gif (171KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1479749059813.gif
171KB, 500x394px
>be me
>raised Christian (Lutheran)
>Had it pounded into my head that nonbelievers will go to hell
>have Buddhist friend in grade school
>awesome as fuck
>nicest person I've ever met
>realize that the Christian God is a cunt
>become agnostic for 5-6 years
>one day on /pol/ I discover Kek
>think it's stupid af
>see Ebola Chan, Baneposting, Shadilay, and other forms of meme magic
>realize that a bunch of autistic virgins awakened an Elder God
>now unironicly believe in Kek

Praise Kek!
>>
Read the book of Enoch, quite easy to find right off google. The reason for many denouncement of a higher being is because the book of Enoch, who also gained passage to "heaven" without dying after hundreds of years of life, was ripped from the other scrolls as blasphemy by the church fathers. The reason is because the bible has been edited to control masses. There are fallen angels, or aliens some prefer to call them that have been put in positions of power. They control banks(economy), news, military etc. The point being, divide amd conquer. Ensue hate and separation. If the human race is being weakened and brainwashed as well as taking rights away slowly, dumbing them down with electronics and telling them their in constant threat of terrorism, and death. Then they slowly take all ambition, they take freedom of speech, they formulate the weak to abide and submit. The world will then go into chaos, and its like taking candy from a baby in a shit diaper, that doesnt even know they've shit themselves. But no no, go back to sleep. We wouldnt want anyone to critically think for themselves. I may be wrong on certain levels, but the main point is true. I have far more learning to do, and i urge everyone with half a brain to strive for information, to hunger for truth and wisdom / knowledge.... Sometimes it brings you to thr brink of maddness, sometimes right to the cliff's edge. But its up to you to decide whats real, and what isn't. Dont let anyone tell you what is and what isn't, because we create our own reality, we create our path to whatever comes next after this 3d realm/dimension. TFY2017 (think for yourself 2017) make this maybe the only change u make for this coming year.
>>
Info on Enoch

http://www.reversespins.com/enoch.html
>>
>arguing about whether or not any specific thing "exists"

come on man
>>
>>18431254
I'd love to be at one of their ecumenical councils where they decide what is canon and what is apocryphal.

>g-guise this is a very important book and shouldn't be apocryphal. it has a lot of important spiritual messages for mankind.
>into the trash it goes. next?
>sh-should we discuss the use of the word spirit in the bible g-guise? if we disavow the word, it may affect future generations' understanding of themselves.
>nah fuck that. what else?
>h-how about the concept of the soul, the hebrew nephesh? i don't think we translate it properly in the extant texts. there's a loss of understanding of our true nature with our current translations of the tanakh.
>nah fuck that shit. fag. what else? that it? we done? good. until next time, brothers.
>>
>>18430904
Personally, because I can't believe in an ultimate or perfect anything.

This is not equal to saying YHWH doesn't actually exist - just that it isn't what its followers tout it to be.

And every time its preachers open their mouths, they're giving me reasons to personally renounce and publicly denounce YHWH and its following, with renewed strength, from deeper in my heart.

The Lord of Abrahamic Religions is not just, is not omnipotent, is not loving, is not all-forgiving, is not perfect, and above all is not truthful.

So even if it's real, it doesn't merit adoration and obedience; it rather merits opposition and unyielding refusal to submit - even in the face of damnation

The fallen angel(s) got it right, the Son's plight amounted to nothing the moment he ascended to heaven, the Father deserves annihilation, and the Holy Ghost is probably enslaved.
>>
>>18430904
I believe God might exist, but Christianity is just one interpretation out of thousands. I'm not going to automatically believe in it just because it happens to be the dominant religion in my country.
>>
File: IMG_0085.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
i guess i just have an aversion to having faith in the god i was taught about as a child. i've seen too much to dismiss god and the devil outright. and yet, believing something exists is not the same as placing faith in god. i don't associate YVWH with the gentle wind in the trees which responds to the call of deepest parts in my being.

i also dislike that the entire xtian religion is based on the blood sacrifice of jesus. i attend worship services on holidays to make my family happy but inside i will never devote any of my energy to this blood god. if you recall in revelations i believe, prayers are referred to as "incense."

i don't hate on anyone who worships a god of their choice but from my own perspective i am not comfortable to make blood sacrifices of prayer and tears to faceless entities in the ether.

pic not related
>>
File: trinity.jpg (691KB, 679x821px) Image search: [Google]
trinity.jpg
691KB, 679x821px
ITT anons express their ignorance of Christian theology.
>>
>>18430904
Some people hate the thought of being beneath someone, and since a personalized God it's the most popular depiction of higher being (with more authority) they tend to deny all that is related to this theme.

Most atheists I've met are very stubborn people with the most inane things.
>>
>>18431306
the ultimate perfect being, the universe you are a part of

Look around you;
>>
>>18431167
belittling others wow how christian of you

Love ur neighbor bucko
>>
I follow Heathenism not Christianity.
>>
>>18430904
Probably has something to do with 99.99999% of what is believed and gets said about God being nothing more than the product of imagination, i.e. constructed out of things that peole have experienced that are not God.

Which includes any depiction of God the Father, and very many depictions of Jesus Christ, for example.

Hearing people talk as if they know what they are talking about when in fact they do not is like a disease. It spreads from one person to another even if no one realizes that they are sick.

This would not be a problem if people restricted themselves to saying only what is actually known to be true, i.e. what has been revealed and very carefully marked out by people who do know. But most people do not do this, mostly because they do not know where the line is, mostly because they do not take the time to find out, mostly because they do not really care, or actively do not want to know.

Because the truth is that God is real and not a product of anyone's imagination. And for many people, I'd say darn near everyone including myself, that's TOO REAL and inspires a very strong desire to RUN AWAY AND HIDE and imagine imagine imagine something, ANYTHING, else. Something that THEY control (or so they imagine). Something that doesn't see them as they really are (or so they imagine), or at least doesn't tell them to do anything they don't want to do (or so they imagine).

Same as Adam and Eve. Same as it has always been.
>>
The whole idea of having human systems of control or human patterns of thought expand beyond the human experience is absurd.

It is simply the distorted idea of spiritual systems humans with a biased concsiousness get.

Concsiousness that is not physical does neitehr believe in good or right, nor does it need any sort of punishment or reward system. Beyond the veil of the human experience there is no fear. Where there is no fear there is no jugdement and no suffering.

Also the whole idea that there has to be some kind of entity that has to manifest things for us. You manifest things into your life by creating synchronizities for example. It is simply an idea created by concsiosuness that is afraid of becoming aware of their own responsibility.

I don't wish to diminish your spirituality, I simply wanna suggest that it can be much bigger.
>>
>>18430904
I believe in the existence of multiple gods, the abrahamic one included. I just believe he is an evil piece of shit not deserving of praise or worship.

>plagiarizes the flood story from the Sumerians, changing details to fit his narrative, more than 1000 years after the original was written
>condones slavery
>punishes rape victims by making them marry their rapist
>condones genocide of other cultures
>while stealing practices/traditions/stories from those cultures and calling their own
>demands animal and human sacrifice
>threatens eternal torture if you don't obey without question
>is self admittedly vengeful, wrathful, prideful, and jealous (but it's ok for him to be like that and not you, because he says so)
>sits back and does nothing (except maybe laugh like a maniac) while his followers, split into 3 factions, continually kill each other in his name
>can't even inspire a book that isn't full of inconsistencies, contradictions, and even outright falsehood
>calls for the death penalty for things like eating shellfish, planting more than one crop in the same field, wearing clothes of more than one fabric, etc.

>inb4 hurr, old testament doesn't count!
Matthew 5:17-19, Luke 16:17, and 2 Peter 20-21, Jesus himself says that they still apply, and even condones slavery himself in 1 Peter 2:18 by commanding slaves to be obedient to their masters.

tl;dr, the Abrahamic god is a fucking monster who deserves no praise, worship, or respect. There are plenty of other gods out there who AREN'T complete psychopaths.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.