[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1.jpg (11KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11KB, 196x257px
Ok so I'm sure someone has asked this before me but fuck it I'm curious. (I'm a newfag as far as x goes so bear with me here) Can you use consecrated substances in a different form to repel supernatural beings? (I'll use holy water anointing oil as examples for now) And by different forms I mean this; lets say for instance my house is being inhabited by a demonic entity and I want it to leave, and I decided to use holy water as my method of banishment. Would it be just as effective, (if not more so) if instead of going room to room splashing some around that I put some holy water in several water heating devices throughout my house and and literally steam it out with "Holy Steam?" Would I be able to just use any kind of water heater as long as it's brand new, or would I have to get it blessed. For anointing oil, what if I used it to fill a lighter or a lamp? Would the light produced have a"Holy" effect? Or would only the flame itself hold any significance? And again, could I use just any oil lamp/lighter or would I have to get that blessed too? Please sate my curiosity.
>>
>>18430740
ok anon, Ill bite.

It really depends who you ask, some schools of thought believe that metal interferes with magic, some disagree, this some would say that producing holy steam that way would nullify the effect, I personally can't say.

The thing about protective magic is that it is mostly what feels protective to you, that is going to have the most efficiency. Some people say you have to believe that it will work, I disagree, I believe you must believe it wont fail, there is a difference.

For what it's worth, certain magical schools absolutely burn oil, on candles and in lamps for magical effect, and you might as well bless the lamp while you're at it.

In short, there's no definitive answer to this question, your protective magic needs to feel solid and logical to you.
>>
>>18430740
holy water and other sacred substances should be treated with respect and should never be taken out of their blessed forms or otherwise be altered, because the properties of these substances exists only in the form in which they are consecrated (as a side note, it would be extremely unwise to face any demonic attack alone and only a properly trained Catholic priest should be called in to combat whatever evil might plague you)
>>
>>18430740
You have a fundamental misunderstanding about what sanctification means. Sacred means to be set aside for religious use only. If you boil holy water, you've probably desecrated it. You're certainly not making blessed steam.

As for holy oil, there's a difference between anointing oil (which is probably what you mean) and lamp oil. Improper use would, again, probably be desecration. You don't get holy pancakes because you fried them in blessed oil.

You didn't think of incense. It's intended to be burned and used in ceremonies in multiple religions. Maybe try that.
>>
>>18430877
>>18430882
desecration is the word i was looking for here, thank you
>>
>>18430882
>>18430877
Both of these entirely depend on your religious or spiritual beliefs regarding what will desecrate a sacred substance.
>>
>>18430740
Alright, OP.

Here is the short version. You know what happens if you throw several things in a vat with acid. Certain substances have magical effects that are independent of ritual. The part of theory that studies these inherent effects is called "natural magic". I will post three resources: a short four pages article, a book that details monsters and how to deal with them, and a manual of natural magic.
>>
File: 153.png (57KB, 800x1257px) Image search: [Google]
153.png
57KB, 800x1257px
>>18432495
Here is the article.

Page 1/4.
>>
File: 154.png (70KB, 800x1257px) Image search: [Google]
154.png
70KB, 800x1257px
>>18432500
Page 2/4.
>>
File: 155.png (63KB, 800x1257px) Image search: [Google]
155.png
63KB, 800x1257px
>>18432504
Page 3/4.
>>
File: 156.png (62KB, 800x1257px) Image search: [Google]
156.png
62KB, 800x1257px
>>18432507
Page 4/4.
>>
>>18432495
This is the link for the book on monsters.

Reading it cover to cover is recommended.

https://a.pomf.cat/wycfdz.pdf
>>
>>18432495
And now, the natural magic manual.

https://a.pomf.cat/braztb.pdf
>>
Clever thread, but I agree it's a matter of using the consecrated item with respect. Putting it aside to do its own thing out of sight wont get you the same effect as throwing hilt water out yourself with a prayer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.