[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the power of belief real? Can we create something from nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

Is the power of belief real? Can we create something from nothing just by believing in it hard enough? Is kek and meme magic real, or just well memes?
>>
Kek and meme magic are absolutely real.

It's not just (or not primarily) the power of belief. This power does not have a primary aspect. It can be achieved solely through belief, therefore the power of belief is completely real. However, it can also be called solely the power of a good idea.

A meme is the power of a good idea. Kek and Pepe are good ideas, therefore they have intrinsic power. With a good enough idea you can create objects from thin air, or turn a man into a duck. It would, however, have to be an exceptionally good meme.

If you wish to replicate this effect, if you wish to use the power of belief, you must create a powerful idea.
>>
however says it's about belief is wrong.
magic is real, but it's all science and mechanics.
you must obey rules to get results
>>
>>18427691
WRONG
>>
>>18427706
the placebo effect in medicine doesn't work just because you belief something. it's a very complex process, but it's all about action and reaction
>>
>>18427650
>Is the power of belief real? Can we create something from nothing just by believing in it hard enough? Is kek and meme magic real, or just well memes?
>>>
It only works if you believe God will make it happen, and you invoke the name of Jesus.
>>
>>18428013
Shut the fuck up god is fake
>>
>>18428017
>Says god is fake
>believes in Kek.

God is a meme too you retard
>>
>>18428065
/pol/ is kinda retarded. think how butthurt they are to learn after this many years that /x/ was right all along.

they basically just learned what we knew for a long time. not only that, but we - /x/ - are already levels beyond this knowledge.
>>
>>18428075

if you're so smart you would know about global collective, consciousness and string theory. back to being a retard kek memer you go
>>
>>18427650
I'm so fucking tired of you fucking frog worshippers

nazis by any other name

fuck you and fuck your nazi frog god
>>
>>18428076
read a book nigger. god is not a meme. if anything we are the memes of god
>>
>>18428081
God isn't real cry harder
>>
>>18428075
>the innominati of /pol/ and /x/ were never the same people
kek
>>
>>18428078

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexeeee
>>
>>18428127
how do you know?
>>
File: 4048383.png (84KB, 852x360px) Image search: [Google]
4048383.png
84KB, 852x360px
>>18427650
>>
File: 1471285127303.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
1471285127303.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>18428127
>>
>>18428075
Butthurt? /pol/ are loving this shit.
>>
File: pepe meets cucke.png (389KB, 3111x1778px) Image search: [Google]
pepe meets cucke.png
389KB, 3111x1778px
>>18428078
People aren't really shy about the Nazi part.
>>
>>18428345
>I don't have an argument, so have memes instead
>>18428288
Because humans invented him to comfort themselves and every single argument in favor of his existance is either inconclusive, self contradictory, or ad hoc explainations for reasons why an omnipotent God couldn't exist. Here's just a few reasons why he doesn't.

One of the most commonly cited reasons why he must exist is that the universe couldn't have existed without being created, but if that's so how could god exist without being created?

If god is omnipotent, then he could by definition, do anything, including create a being more powerful than himself. If he can do this, then it would imply he is not omnipotent because he is less powerful than his creation. If he cannot, he's still not omnipotent because now there's something he can't do.

The famous question of the existence of evil, which if you're not familiar basically goes, "if god is all loving and all powerful, than evil should not exist because if he was all powerful he would be able to stop it, and if he was all loving, he would be willing to stop it, and if he is both willing AND able to stop all evil, then where does evil come from?"
>inb4 free will
Why are there earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc? Stopping these would violate nobodies free will.

Less powerful, less loving gods are admittedly less easy to logically dismiss, since a less powerful god isn't affected by omnipotence paradoxes or questions as to his lovingness, but even assuming this is what is meant when most people talk about "god" (it's isn't, christfags are the only ones who care enough to rub their shit in anyone's faces) they're still incredibly shaky because stories involving less powerful gods usually involve them impacting the world in some lasting way which is simply not present, like the existence of dwarfs in Nordic myths for example.

I know nobody cares about my claim but this is /x/, perfectly reasonable place to discuss it.
>>
>>18428805
>I don't have an argument, so have memes instead

I'm not that guy. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just a passing anon who thinks you're a blowhard, fedora-wearing, katana-wielding basement warlock.

>God isn't real cry harder

Epic argument there, by the way.
>>
>>18428882
>I'm not samefagging, but here's some hot fresh memes for you :^)
>>
>>18428910
Go sharpen your katana, dumbass.
>>
>>18428930
How about instead of making meaningless ad hominem attacks against me, you provide me one, single reason why god is real.

>Hard mode: No "I know it in my heart to be true :^)"

Also, If you say "I NEVER SAID I BELIEVE IN GOD I JUST SAID YOU'RE A FEDORA" then my advice to you would be to remember that we are in a board for the discussion of the supernatural and me stating my opinions on the idea of monotheistic religion is exactly on topic and you should really try to relax and not spend so much time ingesting memes.
>>
>>18428076

What's so important about string theory, honestly?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-28-11-45-39.png (226KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-28-11-45-39.png
226KB, 540x960px
>>18427650
Hi, I'm the anon on /x/ that reports all kek threads. I do this because as its being done, this kek entity does not exist as a stand alone complex, whereas you all act like it does.

Meme magic is akin to a subtle flow of collective energy into another kind of energy source to effect it.
It did not elect donald trump, nor kill anyone, nor do anything.

The get phenomenon is a natural numerological one, in this case intent is noticed but you all are scratching the surface to actual spiritual awakenings on individual levels. This is why you're getting dubs and such. Its an alarm clock to awaken your soul ego.

It is not a chaos god or Egyptian god or ANY god doing this, it is simply you yourselves manifesting the moments timed perfectly in synchronicity to make yourselves aware of something more.

Sadly this awareness is sucked into an egregore being called kek, which is using you all to self propagate itself at the cost of your spiritual awakenings in your personal incarnations by adjusting subtly your spiritual awareness and focus upon itself.

You all are being used, you interpret it as a chaos Egyptian god and confirmation bias erodes away the healthy skepticism needed to properly interact with such entities.

Kek isn't real beyond being a thoughtform being given a lot of mixed attention. Meme magic is real but requires extreme efforts to create a god, efforts that 4chan and all of its boards are incapable of doing. A kindly god is a different story, a chaos god requires fuckall attention given as entropy naturally weakens chaos thoughtforms by the moment.

You kektards have great potential, you're all just too stupid, ignorant, uneducated on these subjects to comprehend what the fuck to do lol.

Manifest gods, not frogs.
>>
>>18429047
Well said anon.
>>
File: 1481125857035s.jpg (7KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481125857035s.jpg
7KB, 249x250px
>>18428941
Different anon here; but a creationist as well. Honestly, the only reason I believe that there is a god, is because it's simply impossible that "something" came out of nothing, that "something" being the universe. There is also alot of "lol I dunnos" in the scientific communities, for things like white holes, quantum tunneling, etc. I believe in the big bang, I believe in evolution, I just think that a creator, or possibly even creators made the universe and simply just left it to evolve on it's own.
>>
>>18427650
I have always put a lot of belief into thinking /x/ will be back to its great self.
>>
>>18429047
As well as you have written, and as 'decent' as your argument sounds, all I wanted to say when reading it was....
PRAISE KEK!

That aside, how do you ignore the odd occurrences the KEK phenomenon has encountered?
>>the KEK high energy accelerator organization in Japan?
>>KEK as an Egyptian deity, the "bringer-in of light" and catalyst of change - haven't many monumental changes happened whilst 'worship' is up and about?
>>Not to mention KEK as transcribed in Egyptian bares similarities to a man sitting in front of a computer.
>>That KEK 45' single - SHADILAY with a reference to P.E.P.E or 'Point Emerging Probability Entering... Not to mention that:
>>Pepe is a Frog 'meme' who just so happens to be on the KEK record??

You might say is all a thought-form but man, if the thoughts of a few thousand around d the world are able to bring into existence this kind of 'phenomenon' then we should only have to wish collectively for something to attain it...
PRAISE KEK!
>>
nope it's just idiots roleplaying, if magic was real we would be living in a different type of universe, one less causal and more chaotic.
>>
The mere thought of nothing is simply a byproduct of creation/existence.
One cannot exist without the other.
"God" most certainly can be described as the creator/source of all "thought", even that thought of you thinking this is complete bs and roleplaying faggotry, after all where did it really come from?

In the beginning there was nothing, only thought, we very well could exist as some form of meme magic ourselves. Something "god" lives vicariously through to experience what "they" cannot physically "theirself".
>>
>>18429321
>impossible that "something" came out of nothing
>believes in omnipotent space wizards instead.
>>
>>18429023
nothing. it is bullshit pseudo-science
>>
>>18429321
>because it's simply impossible that "something" came out of nothing
where did god came from then?
>>
File: meme magic.jpg (20KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
meme magic.jpg
20KB, 600x450px
Meme magic saved Stefan (Robbie Rotten) from a death by cancer? If Kek is some sort of manifestation of chaos, why is he concerned with keeping a lovable children's "real villain" alive? Perhaps Kek isn't the only entity able to use meme magic.
>>
>>18428078
>he doesn't know that Kek is literally an Egyptian God.
Seriously though that fucking scares me. We've been tricked into worshipping a god of darkness, and it fucking worked.
>>
File: 1475651474407.gif (498KB, 325x204px) Image search: [Google]
1475651474407.gif
498KB, 325x204px
>>18429392
>Mfw this dumb fuck thinks typing in all caps praise kek is a valud form of worship to a thoughtform

>Pic related, my face reading your autism

Maybe I'll kill myself today
>>
ITT: A bunch of people scratching the surface to something more

Remove the 'meme' and you all might actually get somewhere. Meme magic isn't legitimate like actual transmutation magic.

How can we as a species CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY stumble upon the right shit, and do it all wrong?

We truly are too young and arrogant a species still.
>>
>>18432425

It's not that I don't know, it's that I don't give a rat's ass.

>Seriously though that fucking scares me. We've been tricked into worshipping a god of darkness, and it fucking worked.

Yahweites have been in this predicament for thousands of years, I can't see what's surprising in a bunch of right-wing 4channers falling for such a scheme.
>>
God brought a plague of frogs upon Egypt through Moses and an Angel. God now brings a plague of frogs upon the US through Trump and Kek. It's kinda amusing in an ironic way.
>>
>>18427650
> Is the power of belief real? Can we create something from nothing just by believing in it hard enough? Is kek and meme magic real, or just well memes?

Yes.
>>
>>18427650
Shadilay is the most solid evidence of meme magic I've seen.

Maybe Stefan Karl Stefansson will be saved by his own meme....
>>
>>18428075
/pol/ is a better /x/ than /x/ is, when it gets on the topic. The only reason I'm here is because it isn't usually on the topic.

/x/ is always concerned with stupid shit like trying to summon succ.
>>
>>18427650
Fake and gay, sage and hide
>>
>>18428075
you're just butthurt that /pol/ succeeded where /x/ has failed without really trying. All they wanted to do was shit post and they accidentally summoned an ancient pagan God to change the political course of the West
>>
>>18433334

Even for /pol/ the concept of meme magic is nothing new, so there was nothing accidental about it. Before they got trump elected they were spreading ebola
>>
>>18427650
Kek is just a figment of your imagination.
>>
>>18427679
god damn this was the only good response in this cesspool of a thread. thank you
>>
>>18429783
You realize you exist in all universes but are only choosing to experience this universe of your own free will right?
>>
>>18434180
No?
>>
File: 1470275394167.jpg (55KB, 494x452px) Image search: [Google]
1470275394167.jpg
55KB, 494x452px
>>18427650
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeews
>>
>>18433334
Prove these claims of /pol/ affecting the election.
>>
>>18427679
The criterion isn't "good ideas" but "ideas that are good at replication" which can possibly including "being a good idea" as selection criterion, but doesn't necessarily need to be so. From the meme's "perspective" we are merely potential hosts, and they can be symbiotic and mutually beneficial, parasitic and exploitative, or neutral.

Replicating a frog face in itself is neutral, but it can become viralized when associated with a parasitic memeplex such as the alt-right. Then it replicates via its symbolic importance to the ideology that spawned it. The "meme magic" is when the very virality of a meme is used as its selling point; it's the power of self-perpetuating propaganda. 1000 internet autists serve as memetic engineers, selecting elements to incorporate into the memeplex and testing their memetic fitness on bean aficionado message boards. What is created is something that seems like it was designed by some agency perfectly (because masses of things are selectively chosen to support the memeplex in any way) but the irony is that this is memetic creationism. It's the result of memetic evolution, creating larger-scale "design" blindly by the interactions of thousands of parts oblivious to the larger emergent evolutionary process.

Now with Kek, we have a memeplex that is the result of selecting to favor the psychological proclivities of some of the stupidest motherfuckers of all time. So what we have is something that was incredibly well-engineered to be attractive to Chan-tier morons. It may seem that Trump may have something to do with Kek, but rather than parallel evolution where there's memetic descent, it's convergent evolution (birds and insects evolve wings, that have the same function, separately; the same selection criterion that made the Kek monstrosity also gave rise to Trump.)
>>
>>18427691
Which rules?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.