[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been having a crisis of sorts lately. The common fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I've been having a crisis of sorts lately. The common fear or death itself. I felt compelled to ask /x/ for legitimate beliefs as to an afterlife or something similar? I have the initial belief of eternal oblivion, so I'd like to know serious beliefs that this board holds and your reasoning behind it. Not necessarily when you die, but how your consciousness is handled, or something of that sort.
>>
File: aldrich.jpg (10KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
aldrich.jpg
10KB, 282x179px
>>18404923
For whom doth the bell toll?
Haha
The bell tolls for no one
>>
>>18404923

Fuck you want another life? First is good enough for me, bring on the long slumber
>>
>>18404933
I've been told by multiple people they don't get why I wouldn't want eternal oblivion. I feel like my fear is the loss of control of consciousness. If it's eternal oblivion, we wouldn't know it and would never think again. It's impossible to imagine, and that's where the fear lies, in the idea of nothingness.
>>
>>18404949
I used to have this fear, but I got over it when I woke up after it and said "Oh! I'm alive! Neato." There was very little to worry about once you are gone, it just sucks getting there. It's gonna happen eventually. While you're here just enjoy the small things.
>>
if you think of existence as in some kind of transnational plane of time space, than you can never really die... because you exist.
>>
We all will experience death. We share the same fate. You are not alone.
>>
Things will either be same as they always were or it will indeed be eternal oblivion.

But EITHER WAY it's an entirely new plane of being free from earthly woes. Which makes me more inclined to believe in something that mediates between the two options above.
>>
>>18404923
Experiencing existence now. Why wouldn't you experience existence? Think about it all you know is existence... Reincarnation is just a dumbed down way of trying to describe something mindfucking.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.