[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've a roomate in college. He tells me strange things. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Scout.png (31KB, 250x262px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Scout.png
31KB, 250x262px
I've a roomate in college. He tells me strange things. He has poor social skills, and I swear he has autism. I don't mind him, he's a nice person and if anything is cool to me. However today he told me something quite farfetched. He told me at the age of 13 he used to be able to run a mile in 4 and a half minutes. I told him I'd have to see it to believe it. Mind you he's also told me things like he can dodge raindrops by calculating the drop patterns, and can double jump ala Scout from TF2 (to quote him, he can "change the directions of his jump in midair, like a double jump like Scout from TF2". He's showed me that after what he said was just a week of exercising he's got these massive calf and lower leg muscles.
Now I've heard of amazing feats preformed by people before, but I find it so hard to believe half this stuff. I think he may be crazy and it's all in his head (some of it maybe lied, it would be rather hard to imagine mile run test results, but he picked up TF2 within the past 2 months if that's any indication of how his imagination may be correlating).
Thing is, I wonder if I should believe. I am a guy who wants to see amazing things happen, and wants to be associated with amazing people. I'm willing to chalk it up to retard strength and just strange talent, but are amazing feats like these something I should believe in so I can be an open minded adventurer? Or is this guy sounding off his rocker and I should just shrug him off? I don't need anymore crazy people in my life.
>>
Well, can he double jump like the tf2 scout?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMVSQVn97es
>>
>>18401697
I haven't seen him. He told me he would try to teach me sometime when it was raining, which is what kept him from showing me today.
>>
>>18401710
Well it completely boils down to him showing you. If he can, well, then he can. If he keeps postponing him showing you then its bullshit.
>>
>>18401741
I intend to have him show me. I mean when I was a kid, I met other kids on the playground who told me bullshit things like "I climbed that watertower", etc. While we're a little old for that it may just be a case like that.
But he talks a lot of stuff. Like he told me he believes you can live off a $100 dollar food budget for a month and still eat healthy and well and still be able to eat out every now and then. Now maybe I'm not checking my numbers right, but for one person that seems a little off.
>>
>>18401679
how the fuck can you dodge raindrops unless youre a millimeter in diameter
>>
>>18401753
he's dodging SPECIFIC rain drops that happen to not be the ones that hit him : )
>>
>>18401756
so you are AUTISTIC as well

why would you even question that? i live in the uk and i dodged a raindrop in bolivia earlier

fucking hell
>>
>>18401764
I'm not the OP. I was obviously joking.
>>
>>18401753
"Well, the raindrops fall in a certain pattern, usually a rather diagonal one. Once you find that, you just have to walk in that pattern. I'm able to dodge them as I walk."
Is what he said.
>>18401756
>>18401764
Well hold on, he is the type of guy to ask me whatever "what if" questions come to mind, and iirc when we first met day one he tried to give me some trick riddles. Maybe he is messing with me and I just haven't given enough of a fuck to think about it.
>>
>>18401771
wow yeah. id say he is full of shit. raindrops fall randomly not in a pattern. he is making that up at least
>>
>>18401861
So I'm justified to be pissed off hearing this, right? Not your comment, I mean the things he says
>>
>>18401746
Hes kind of right on the food thing though. There's ways to do it.
>>
>>18401867
i would call him out on the lies. but you said he is nice....maybe he just wants to impress you. be gentle. people are fragile sometimes
>>
>>18401925
just to be clear...i would call him out on what i was sure were lies. starting with the raindrop thing
>>
>>18401886
>>18401886
Really? Produce isn't cheap.
>>18401925
Yeah, he's done me some favors before. When I lost my card he let me use some meals on his account. I had a girl from out of town come for a party, he let her crash at our place (its a 1 room 2 beds sort of deal). I'm not fond of his strange conversations, but I do really appreciate how nice of a guy he is. Life is strange, right?
That's why we're here. We're here believing in the abnormal that not everyone believes. That's why I want to give him a chance. But maybe I just watch too much TV.
>>
>>18401936
maybe. but i give people the benefit of the doubt more often than not. everybody lies....usually for dumb reasons. but hey we are flawed so who am i to judge people on their flaws? maybe he has some abnormal abilities maybe not. its worth finding out. and nice people are pretty rare thus benefit of the doubt
>>
>>18401679
>says he can double jump
>says he can dodge rain drops
>says he can't show you because it's not raining

The two aren't mutually exclusive. He told you two separate feats of unordinary human abilities. He can shoe you one or the other.

He's full of shit and acting like a child. Most likely has schizophrenia of some sort or is fantasy prone, as he is attaching attributes to himself he has picked up from consumed media.
>>
File: 1290417134580.jpg (41KB, 312x307px) Image search: [Google]
1290417134580.jpg
41KB, 312x307px
>>18401756
>jump to the side
>WHOAH. You see that shit? That was close, I dodged that one right THERE. Almost got me.
>>
your roommate sounds like an asshole

i used to live with a paranoid virgin who thought everything in the street revolved around him. he thought he was the centre of attention in everything. he would lie. it was hell

at the time you think these people are nice with just some quirky habits, whenever you move out you reflect and realize how bad these people are. they are liars, ego obsessed, paranoid, needy losers who ruin everything around them with negativity. they have no friends for a reason.

this guy was afraid to walk to his car because he thought the cute girl next door would be peering out her curtains at him, he thought she knew he existed. he was an kissless virgin and thought handholding and kissing was a huge step. he was obsessed with trying to kiss girls whilst most adults his age including myself were pounding pussy.

stay away from this guy he will only hold you back and ruin your life. he needs to grow up.
>>
>>18401679
This is literally 'that kid' tier shit.

I had a friend in middle school who would make up all sorts of exaggerations.
>>
>>18402786
This
>>
The current men's record is 3:43.13
Your roommate is autistic, just ignore his silly ramblings
>>
>>18401679
What's his steam handle? I'll kick his ass at tf2 if he starts to reeeeeeee out loud and have a meltdown he may just be autistic.
>>
>>18401936
>Produce
Who wants to eat that yucky stuff?

You can get fresh chicken breasts, pasta, and the like and cook it up for cheap. There's no need for crap TV dinners, prepackaged junk like ramen, etc. So, you can eat "healthy" - as in, not processed garbage - on $100/month.

Now if you suddenly decide you want vegetables, I guess you're screwed. Those are way overpriced. But they suck anyway, so who cares?
>>
>>18404432
there are certain stores, such as Aldi in the U.S. that make it possible to do just this.

but vegetables are part of a well balanced diet and prepared coreectly can be quite tasty. And you cannae ignore the contribution that foods like the potato and rice have made in times of famine. Plus vegetables have the added benefit of being easy to produce.
>>
>>18401944
I know this guy. At least, many people like him. This has already been said in the thread, but he's definitely full of shit. He's lying, half for ego half to impress. I will say though that it sounds like it comes from a good place at the very least. He might lie about stupid shit like that but it doesn't sound like he'd fuck you over. Idk man, dudes probably lonely and a virgin. Be a bro, send positivity his way, try and find him a girlfriend or something. He might be full of it and you might wanna believe it but at the end of the day most of the things we devise in our minds aren't based in reality. Try and get know his background, with a few questions about his family and himself you could come to an understanding why he would lie about this kinda stuff, and maybe even help and accelerate his growth. He would always remember you if you made that kind of impact on him. Friends are good.
>>
>>18404345
You wanna hear something funny? He's been playing offline bot matches ever since he started about a month and a half ago. Granted he doesn't play consistantly.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.