[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone humor me on the notion of prehistoric advanced civilizations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 14

File: download.jpg (9KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 293x172px
Can anyone humor me on the notion of prehistoric advanced civilizations here on earth?
>>
>>18392624
Yes. Now would you like to make a point about said civilizations or not?
>>
>>18392624
I think you don't know the proper use of word of humor. Do you want us to red-pill you, or actually listen to your theories? Your sentence suggests the latter.
>>
>>18392624
Sumer and Egypt were the most advanced. You go back more in time and there probably were other civilizations, but not at the scale of Sumer or Egypt, and definitlely not like the Atlantis or Lemuria pop culture portrays them to be.
But multiple pockets of culture existed, some with advanced metallurgy, some with more advanced animal husbandry, agriculture etc, than others developed then spread their techs to each other. It would be quite interesting to find these origin cultures from a historical/anthropological perspective.
>>
File: 1479140829380.jpg (28KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1479140829380.jpg
28KB, 600x448px
If advanced societies did exist, what then brought about their destruction? There are mainly two possible past events. Either these people were so advanced that they destroyed themselves, or a natural force brought about their destruction. The evidence in favor of the second event is more substantial than the first. There are however some indications of ancient warfare.When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand turned to fused green glass. This fact, according to the magazine Free World, has given certain archaeologists a turn. They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of herdsman culture much older, and a still older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer, a layer of fused green glass.
>>
the striking similarities found in myths and legends across the globe of a worldwide cataclysm. a deluge. Many similar myths on this account are found in Africa, China, North America, Australia, Sumeria, and in very remote cultures that had no way to connect with one another. It is estimated that are more than 500 ancient deluge legends similar to those mentioned in the Biblical and Qur’anic accounts. These myths are actually traces of a global collective memory referring to an actual occurrence in the distant past. A precursor civilization might have almost self eradicated itself and we're the descendents of survivors
>>
>>18392706
I am willing to bet there are ruins in the black sea/vally that thrived before the deluge. What do you think caused the flood? Ice caps melting, polar reversal, or meteor?
>>
>>18392652
Well this is a very logical and rational post, I'm proud of you /x/. It's not always complete shit.
>>
>>18392723
Most likely the ice caps melting and glaciers receding . From 5000 bc to 7000bc. flooding did indeed occur in the region, although there has been much debate as to the suddenness and extent of the flooding, with some researchers coming to the conclusion that it was mild rather than the sudden.the black sea is filled with anomalies like spontaneous whirl pools of death, magnetic anomalies causing plans to disappear, and even reports and encounters of merfolk like creatures. The place is basically a another Bermuda triangle.
>>
>>18392769
>causing plans to disappear
>plans
Sometimes our plans just don't work out.
>>
>>18392776
Yeah, i cringed when i saw that typo. The nyquil is kicking in.
>>
>>18392782
I'm just teasing you, I can't type for shit on my phone and make fuckawesome posts of stupidity on the regular.
>>
>>18392769
>black sea is filled with anomalies
Never heard of this. Its interesting how most supposed prehistoric civilizations associated with the deluge have anomalies. Asides bermuda and the black sea region, the dragons triangle off the coast of okinawa where the yonaguni monuments are at has similar lore.
>>
there allegedly exists an ancient subterranean system of two vast tunnels measuring thousands of kilometers long that wind through the earth under the sea to connect Romania to Turkey. Although it is unknown who built these tunnels, for what purpose they were constructed, or even when they were built, sheep herders from the region of Dobruja, in the south-east of Romania, were said to bravely fuck around into their dark recesses in order to take their sheep over into Turkey for export to the Ottoman Empire. People say aliens or ancient civilization. I say mole people.
>>
>>18392793
I'm not familiar with that. Fill me in on what you know.
>>
>>18392740
>I'm proud of you /x
has nothing to do with /x/
>>
>>18392797
Not aliens, just people doing weird people shit.
>>
>>18392788
Just got to find your center and tyoe away~
>>
>>18392663
eh, that stuff is also caused by meteors and stuff, so it's inconclusive.
>>
>>18392797
Maybe they are natural tunnels created through lava flows, earthquakes or underground water systems. I wouldn't be surprised if the earths mantel is networked with these subterranian tunnel systems that the prehistoric 'cave dwellers' took advantage of. Maybe they evolved into the mole people that gave rise to the myths of the inhabitants of hollow earth.
>>
>>18392800
>has nothing to do with /x
The great majority of shit on /x/ has nothing to do with /x/ and is exactly that, shit. Paranormal things are fun to talk about, but believing batshit garbage for the sake of paranormal ruins this board.
>>
File: ayo hol up hol up.gif (4MB, 392x450px) Image search: [Google]
ayo hol up hol up.gif
4MB, 392x450px
>>18392637
Ayo hol up.
Dumb ESL shitskin indian cunt trying to school someone on English phrases.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>18392706
In fact those disparate ancient cultures share more than that, or rather their shared myths say that there we a series of cataclysmic, world toppling events. Most say- with exceptions- that we're living in a world after the third or fourth event, and all agree- with exceptions- that the next one will be the last. Greek and Mesoamerican myths depicting these deluge/scorched earth events are astonishingly similar. The green desert glass found in various places link well with the scorched earth myths, particularly in the Indus valley, where Hinduism originated, along with the idea that the fifth event will be the last, when Shiva opens her eyes, and the dreamer awakes only to fall back asleep and starting the cycle over again. Reading Hindu mythology regarding the end/beginning of the universe is an awful lot like reading the theoretical astrophysics about the end/beginning of the universe.
>>
>>18392804
You're have a point. However, In the ancient remains of the India city of Mohenjo Daro, archaeologists found clear evidence of vitrification by intense heat. Human skeletons lie in streets of stone, oftentimes holding hands with each other or engaged in normal human activity. Something must have taken them surprise and caused them to be burnt and fused with the molten stone.
>>
>>18392798
The dragons triangle is the bermuda of the east and has been quite well known to the japanese for centuries due to the disappearance of ships. They also call it the devils backbone, I think because the stretch of islands both above and below sea, leading down to okinawa.
Im inclined to believe the yonaguni monument there was a man made monolith that was a construction in process before the sea levels rose. Its impossible for a natural rock formation to form like that under sea. The opposing argument is that there are similar formations on the shores of okinawa, but that would mean it was at some point above sea level. It would be impossible for the prehistoric okinawan natives to not have reached the place at the time, especially since its not even that deep.
This supports my belief that the deluge was some global event rather than local. At least for me.
>>
>>18392810
It had nothing to do with /x/
Nor anything to do with batshit.
wtf are you going on about?
>>
>>18392812
We all wish you'd go back to school.
>>
>>18392824
I agree. The Ramayana and Mahabharata, ancient Hindu epics that are said to originate more than 24,000 years ago, describe massive “fireball” weapons from the sky during a war with the Rama Empire and “Atlantis.” though, that would hint that this supposed avanced prehistoric era was possibly more than 24,000 years ago.
>>
>>18392824
so dispersal by language, doom by water, then by fire. what would be next? since we had the gulf asteroid wipe the dinosaurs out, im gonna bet on polar reversal.
>>
>>18392849
Followed by another ice age
>>
>>18392853
But why not global warming first?
>>
>>18392834
I agree with your conclusion.
>>
>>18392847
How long does it take Earth to erase evidence of a sophisticated civilization off of herself? Advanced building materials would persist, physical bodily remains of the people would be in the dirt still. Stone lasts a long time too. So I guess, if there were highly advanced civilizations 25k years ago, 100k years ago, they were very insular, very small and well hidden. You can develop high tech by staying in your own tiny back yard. So, if they were there back then, how did they develop, where did they develop, while leaving no traces lying around besides green glass and inexplicable radiation fields and mythological stories embedded in the minds of "our" ancient ancestors?
>>
>>18392858
magnetic activity will drop by 60 percent between 2030 and 2040, which means in just 15 years' time, Earth could sink into what researchers are calling a mini ice age. Well, that's what they say..
>>
>>18392849
I don't think the actual means are important, that's just window dressing. The point is that it's a world-ending event. Nuclear holocaust seems far more relevant today in my mind. Also, whatever came before, even if more advanced than us, today's civilizations are 1000fold more widespread than anything before. There is simply no way to wipe the slate clean like the myths describe happening before.
>>
>>18392874
Sounds pretty survivable. I'm Canadian.
>>
>>18392871
can't develop high tech
>>
>>18392882
nigga, the last ice age Canada was under a kilometer of ice
>>
>>18392871
>remains of the people would be in the dirt
Or under water. Given that most of the population were just plebs and not well dispersed across the globe, a watery doom would have ensured advanced technology being hidden with only a few survivors starting anew. But then this kind of goes against the gradual cataclysm hypothesis
>>
>>18392874
Is there a source for that? Because a 60% means we're probably fucked so might as well quit work and enjoy life..
>>
>>18392887
Bitch, there weren't any Canadians then.
>>
>>18392902
Mother Fucker, there wasn't even a Canada to live in. Shieeeeeeeeet
>>
>>18392889
That just doesn't add up for me. The general dearth of evidence of advanced civilizations earlier than what is academically accepts suits me for the time being. We have to keep digging and diving, doing the hard work and just find more stuff. There are plenty of anomalous locations and artifacts that we simply cannot place into our current understanding and stir the childlike wonder in me. I want to get out there and find out, but I don't want to make a fool of myself and make baseless claims. I read about world mythologies all the time, but I keep them in that category as well. Joseph Campbell was the greatest scholar on that stuff and I love his work dearly.
>>
>>18392908
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Is4db6nq0
>>
>>18392916
I don't disagree. What I was pointing out was that unlike modern times, the general population were just uneducated. The more advanced knowledge remained with the selected few, and with their deaths, a lot of knowledge would have been wiped out. Its why I consider the burning of the library of Alexandria was one of the greatest loss of human knowledge as well.
I also believe we need to dig and dive. Things like our understanding of ancient civs, such as egypt or troy have been continuously changing.
>>
>>18392927
>advanced knowledge remained with the selected few
I've got a book for you. I got goosebumps recalling this one as I read you post. Fuck, it's exactly what we're talking about and I forgot I'd read it. New Year's resolution- stay off the booze.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/56575009/Jordan-Maxwell-The-Priesthood-of-the-Illes
>>
>>18392624
probably not as advanced as we are today technology wise, but I wouldn't be surprised if our most recent iron age was the second or third time around.
>>
>>18392937
Awesome thanks dude! This goes right along with my beliefs. Also I've never heard of Joseph Campbell, but a quick wiki search aligns too. I don't think all myths (or past/present religion) are a 'single' story, but the common denominator is closer to global truths whereas the deviations are more local, all expressed in their own cultural way or mind. Im actually trying to compile all these story lines to find a common theme so I can match it with known archaeological history and time line. Awesome
>>
>>18392706
>the striking similarities found in myths and legends across the globe of a worldwide cataclysm. a deluge.
Except the Chinese, who conveniently forgot about the supposed worldwide flood, even though they kept meticulous records both before and after the alleged event.

The flood stories most likely stem from widespread regional flooding that came about with the end of the ice age.
>>
>>18392706
cont.d from >>18392955

also forgot to mention that most of those stories came from each other, seeing as how even ancient civilizations had a lot more ability to travel and interact with each other than we modern humans like to give them credit for. If I tell you a story, and you tell that story to someone else, that doesn't count as two separate accounts of the same event, because the source is the same.
>>
>>18392955
>>18392959
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_(China)
>>
>>18392847
>The Ramayana and Mahabharata, ancient Hindu epics that are said to originate more than 24,000 years ago
I'm gonna have to stop you there, as the oldest known written work is the Epic of Gilgamesh, dating to around 2100 bc. Written language is supposed to have begun around 8,000-5,000 bc. It wasn't until after the agricultural revolution of 10,000 bc that written language started becoming a thing.

IF there was advanced civilization from before that, and it were wiped out, the language was gone with it. We have no stories left over from before that time accept maybe those passed along orally, and let's be honest, you can't reasonably expect to accurately date an oral story, or expect it to be anywhere near accurate to the original account. It's the ultimate game of telephone.

I mean, the written work itself can say that the story took place much further in the past, but there is no way to verify that. It sounds like an extreme on the other end of the scale from the early books of the bible, which were written in the mid 1000s bc, and claims the earth began just about 3000 years before that.
>>
>>18392959
>ability to travel and interact
This is right up my alley. Seafaring maritime skills, from phoenicians to vikings explorers, the ice age deluge must have had some kind of impact where those civs with better seafaring/navigational skills would have survived, thrived and multiplied.

>source is the same
The common denominator I mentioned. Holy shit I always thought I was the only one who thought this way. I also believe the 'collective memory' spans waaay farther back in time than recorded history
>>
>>18392959
Then the ancients would be capable of circumnavigating the planet? Basic diffusion, or simple pond hoping of one culture the next, to the next, wouldn't explain the basic similarities not in mythologies, but specific events within mythologies. Let alone the striking aesthetic similarities between ocean-separated civilizations. Why would one group that spoke a different language, had different physical morphology, different spiritual beliefs, etc not mimic, but outright copy the aesthetic motifs and style of random dudes in boats coming over the horizon? Getting off topic, pardon.
>>
>>18392871
There are factors that make things more difficult.
During the Ice Age, sea level was lower than it is today, because sea water was trapped in the glaciers. Even today, most people live near the seashore, and the same was true back then.
The end of each Ice Age would sink most cities. And, there is a kind of event called ice sheet collapse that can trigger significant raises in sea level in days. So, most cities from Ice Age are underwater now, one way or another.
Fast forward to today. Eventually, the current Ice Age will end. Antarctica will be ice free, and yes, most of the current area of our cities will be flooded.
Now for brute durability, artifacts made of the copper-tin alloy called bronze or brass can last several million years even under sea water. Objects made of pure gold can last forever. Of course, discounting erosion. Buildings in a city suddenly flooded with mud or lava can last essentially forever, but finding those buried cities is a problem.
>>
>>18393004
I'm going to take your word for. I really want to look at maps showing how coastlines would change as sea levels change as well as maps showing population density now and back through the ages. Perhaps another day. This place kicks the shit out of my sleep schedule.
>>
>>18392978
The technical name for the common origin in some folklore elements is "cultural source hypothesis."
However, OP must be aware that there were countless local flood events due to glaciers melting, as others said before in this thread, and that the source for flood myths most likely is that they actually happened over and over in several places.
>>
>>18392968
Notice how they don't exaggerate it to a "worldwide flood"? Also, apparently caused by the flooding of the yellow river, not a deluge. I'm not disagreeing that a flood event happened, I was merely trying to point out the exaggeration of the event by many of the myths that reference it.

>>18392978
last I heard, Vikings getting pretty damn far inland to the Americas seemed to be all but confirmed. I wonder how that evidence of the Romans near Oak Island panned out.

>>18392985
They wouldn't have to circumnavigate the entire planet, but they could all still be interconnected through travel without having to span the widest parts of the Atlantic and Pacific.

By specific events, I assume we're still referring to the flood, in which case, if it were the result of the ice caps melting, then of course they wouldn't need to communicate with each other, as the lower regions of a good majority of the world (especially near rivers and the like) would of course be the ones to experience flooding.

AH, fuck, convo is getting interesting, and it's time to go (shift is over, and posting from work)
>>
>>18393035
Bingo. Sea level isn't a regional phenomena. And the similarities in theme when it comes to world mythologies? We all are, always were, human. We all want the same things, we all fear the same things, and we generally react to things, both new and old, in the same ways.
>>
>>18393035
Ah didn't know there was a term for this, thanks. I'm well aware of the incessant local floods of the nile or yellow river and such. Not OP, but I am still a bit inclined to believe in something of a bit more grandeur scale due to yonaguni, or the scale of the jap-kor land bridges or bering strait being possible.
>>
>>18393029
Taking Anon's word on anything would be bad.
Get this book:
http://bookzz.org/s/?q=Maps+of+the+ancient+sea+kings&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
>>
>>18393050
How to figure out what went on is the problem though. As this anon states >>18392971 its impossible to verify due to a lack of records, language, possible incorrect dates, and more. At this point, my best bet is on matching myths and oral history with geological evidence. It won't be perfect, but I believe its the best method we have.
>>
>>18393036
Perhaps because the Chinese we more technically advanced than other cultures were at the time they codified their mythological histories, had more understanding of the scope of the world and who else might be in it- they weren't the center of their own universe. But when it comes the the Chinese, you hit a brick wall once you get to a certain point in the past, like everything was burnt and forgotten for a reason. And this myth about the great flood in China, seems really modern in its depiction. But a flood is a flood, and it happens everywhere. It makes sense that flood myths are common, but not shared if you get my meaning.
>>
>>18393061
Interesting, thanks.
>>
File: tumblr_lqrc210qXS1qk5d16o2_500.gif (364KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqrc210qXS1qk5d16o2_500.gif
364KB, 500x208px
>>18392624
The cycle never ends.
>>
>>18393054
Here is a map of the lowest sea level during the ice ages.
http://web.archive.org/web/20090201005247/http://uk.encarta.msn.com/media_461527006/ice_extent_during_the_last_ice_age.html
>>
>>18393066
>flood is a flood, and it happens everywhere
But that doesn't exclude the fact that a 'shared' deluge could have happened. Maybe not a deluge, but a grand scale flood in various regions due to a common source like the melting of ice caps. Its not unlikely that IF such an event did happen, it would have been recorded superimposed upon all other more 'minor' floods as well.
>>
>>18393093
Do you mean something like this?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis
>>
>>18393103
Yes, but on a global scale. So the Black Sea, the Nile and much of Egypt, as well as all the lower fertile regions of China, etc. One source, multiple (grand) regional floods. The stories could have mixed through trades or the mixing of culture, but the source, that one (semi-)cataclysm is the same. It may or may not be true, but its a possibility isn't it?
>>
Immanuel Velikovsky thought that the deluge and ice age which wiped out the older advanced civilizations was a result of shifting poles, and provides considerable proof for this hypothesis in his book 'The Earth in Upheaval' ('Worlds in Collision' is cool too)
>>
File: 2754.jpg (166KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
2754.jpg
166KB, 512x512px
>>18392853
Tell ya what Bru...Magnetic pole shifting will not cause another Ice Age...thats some pseudointellectual meme that plebs spred on their Ego/eso boards...

Simply lurk on thermo and magnetic dynamics andy you'll see that global weather won't work like that
>>
File: MAP of Inner Earth .jpg (308KB, 538x552px) Image search: [Google]
MAP of Inner Earth .jpg
308KB, 538x552px
>>18392624
http://www.theeventchronicle.com/study/nazi-maps-and-documents-to-agartha-confirm-the-hollow-earth-accounts/#prettyPhoto

They're still here.
>>
The end of the Younger Dryas was marked by a meltdown of much of Earth's glaciers. It was called meltwater pulse 1b, sea levels rose 400 feet and all areas downstream of glaciers were wiped clean by 50 foot walls of water embedded with forests and boulders.

Along with that, the Earth's crust rebounded where the ice was previously holding it down. As a reaction, areas at lower latitudes sunk. So say there was land above water on the mid-atlantic ride. It would have sunk into the ocean even more than 400 feet with a horrible earthquake. Isostatic rebound and depression are the terms you're looking for.

The audiobook "The Antediluvian World is on Youtube and it comprehensively goes over all of the civs that existed before this event.

I posted a thread about this but people were huge cunts so I don't care enough to give you more info.
>>
>>18392871
>Advanced building materials would persist

Sorry, gotta catrch you there. No, they won't, or at last they would not be identifiable anymore.
Discount everything organic like wood. Forget about everything that is made from the usuale metals like steel or aluminium, zic, and the like. Forget glass, In the time frames we are talking about it basically runs like water. Forget most plastic, they degrade like shit when exposed to uv, and even when not in about 25k years they are gone. Natural stone would be stable, but good luck telling a natural broken piece of stone from one that has lost all markings of manufacture. Keep in mind, you don't know where to look, so start turning every stone in the world, and searching it under a electron microscope for stress lines that aint natural.
The only materials that would stand a long time exposed to the elements are things like titanium for its chemical durability and mechanical resistance, some of the newer ceramics (as in knife ceramics, not as in pottery) and, uh, that would be about it. Everything else is either too small to be found or is not in widespread use. If you put the timeframe from 20k years and up the choice of durable materials is damn limited.
As for whole structures, not even nuclear waste storage sites are realistically safe for that time. Don't really need to be, anyways.
Only thing we could hope to find a clue in is distribution of "natural" radioactivity, and hope a hypothetical predecessor civ used nuclear as well and messed it up as we have (Chernobyl, Fukushima). Clean up data in regard to atomar experiments, warheads gone boom and our toher little mistakes and it might yield a clue. With a load of "maybe" and "if" attached.
>>
We have seen tsunamis happen twice in recent history. Although humans may have been involved it deliberately or accidentally triggering the events they were due to happen naturally within similar timing. It is entirely reasonable to infer that the numerous accounts of floods are actually sperate tsunami events probably stretching across thousands of years still being recounted by the descendants of the survivors.

With only a few thousand years of developing our technology we have ventured into space. It is entirely realistic to postulate that an earlier group of beings have preceded us in this once or more about in the hundreds of millions of years that we can account for in the geological evidence of this planet.

Near a current jobsite is a mall that was close a few years ago. The parking lot is more returned to nature than you might imagine. In only a few hundred years it would be a challenge to find evidence of humans if all human activity were to be ended.
>>
>>18394349
>Although humans may have been involved in deliberately or accidentally triggering the events..
>>
File: 1478339189612.jpg (162KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478339189612.jpg
162KB, 1024x1024px
>>18392624
>prehistoric advanced civilizations here on earth
1. The pre adamic civilization (before mankind was created)
2. The pre flood world (fallen angels and their nephilim offspring ruling the earth)
>>
>>18394416
That's what i'm looking for. Can you red pill me on the adamic civilization?
>>
>>18392826
Ill concede to that. What is way more interesting in my opinion is that those bodies are really radioactive. That is really weird.
>>
Modern humans are known to have less genetic variation than other living primates. An explanation could be a past genetic bottlenecks due to a significant proportion of the population killed or prevented from reproducing. One such event was that toba super valcano in Indonesia that erupted 70,000 years ago, triggering a nuclear winter. Only an estimated 15000 thousand archaic hunans are thought to survive. How advanced were these humans, i don't know. But this could fit to the almost self eradication of these supposed ancient civilizations. Another explanation is simply are ancestors numbers were chronically low through out two million years.
>>
File: ULTRA RARE SHARK GIF.gif (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ULTRA RARE SHARK GIF.gif
3MB, 400x400px
>they don't know
>>
File: guesswhereitgoes.jpg (82KB, 832x584px) Image search: [Google]
guesswhereitgoes.jpg
82KB, 832x584px
>>18392847
>that are said to originate more than 24,000 years ago
>>
>>18394346
When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes then seem much younger.
>>
File: The-Blue-Eye-Of-The-Sahara-0.jpg (83KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
The-Blue-Eye-Of-The-Sahara-0.jpg
83KB, 500x399px
>>18394521
The blue eye of the sahara has shown signs of radiation as well. There are tons of anomalies within the archeological community to paint an antediluvian civilization.
>>
bananas show signs of radiadion as well
>>
File: world-map-continetal-drift.jpg (2MB, 3000x2743px) Image search: [Google]
world-map-continetal-drift.jpg
2MB, 3000x2743px
Why should it be thought that man is the oldest of Earths masters? Our planet is 4.5 Billion years old, and yet all scientist say with confidence that we are the first civilization to establish ourselves here. Tell me, what evidence would be left after such a great passage of time? Not much, only scraps buried deep beneath the earth, ice, and water, but I have no doubt such evidence will be unveiled soon enough.
>>
>>18394521
Also, check out this website. This lady is cool and speculates quite a bit, but some of these megaliths are legitimately amazing.
>>
>>18392652
w e w u z k a n g s
>>
>>18394533
Not at levels comparable to nuclear fallout.
>>
>>18394686

megaliths.org
>>
>>18392663
google "younger dryas event"
>>
File: moai.jpg (116KB, 718x480px) Image search: [Google]
moai.jpg
116KB, 718x480px
>>18394613
That map good lord, I don't even...

>>18392652
As people here loves to point out, stacking rocks and drawing pictures isn't that hard.

Hardest things are cultural development, establishing long term behaviour and moral rules, and your occasional stroke of genius.

Humans have always been capable of that, just look at Easter Island culture.

Ruins, giant statues and written language, all in a small island in the middle of the pacific.

Talk about impressive human development.
>>
>>18392663

Check the eye of the sahara out. It's just like vitrified glass. It'd be neat if it was a man made desert and egypt was once a jungle.

>>18394526
>>
Vedic literature clearly states cyclic reality and cyclic human periods. There is an insane amount of archeology that contradicts the beliefs established for history.
>>
>>18394813
such as.
>>
>>18394613
Ya, heh.
>>18394346 already schooled me on that.
>>
Top shelf thread, OP and all serious contributors. I've run out of ideas and I'm not well-studied on any of this but it is intriguing to say the least. Key points of interest for me are how time, geology, anthropology and sociology can come together and reasonably explain everything from Atlantis to El Dorado
>>
>>18392624
Advanced is relative.

Medieval times came after Egypt and Rome, who were both easily more advanced than Medieval, Dark Ages society with running water, bathing and even proper toilets. Meanwhile in Medieval times people are throwing their shit out the window onto the street.

>>18392663

Well, from a purely factual standpoint? We can find record of not one, not two, but quite a lot of cataclysm level events that would have severely fucked over anyone living in this times. Not to say there were advanced civilizations, not to say there were not, but if they were around during any one of these cataclysms?

Yeah, I can see how that would set people to the stone age.

Still, there are enough references across several cultures of more advanced (advanced, again, being relative) people coming in contact with less advanced people and teaching them things. Often these people were referred to as gods, but, let's be honest, normal huffing and puffing white explorers with jack shit advancement by our standards were named explorers by people even still more primitive. It doesn't take a lot to be considered a god, apparently.

I do find the Sumerian references to their Gods walking, living, breathing, eating, shitting and breeding amongst them are interesting - but not because of the obvious, but because there were 3600 of these 'gods amongst them' but more importantly if you read the fine print . . . these gods didn't actually live amongst the Sumerian people. I know this seems out of left field, but read closely, and you start to realize they're writing about gods who walked amongst them some 300,000 years ago. That's a huge number to just come up with off the top of your head, and a severely large number for a primitive (by our standards) people to be working with.

This originates well before Sumeria at its peak, to their more primitive times where a number like 300,000 makes even less sense for people to use off the top of their heads.
>>
I'm going to redial you from a BIBLE standpoint. Now we all know there was civilization before the flood. That would explain things like ruins on the bottom of the sea and othe rods things I'm sure you mentioned. But were they advanced? I say yes, and here is why. The Tower of Babel. Why did god smite ALL of mankind? Because they wanted to make a landmark? Look at us today. We have skyscrapers out the whazoo! No. God said that because of this, man could do anything. He wouldn't smite them for a building. I propose that the tower was indeed a rocket or something else advanced, and that god didn't want mankind advancing in technology so quickly.
>>
>>18395203
wasnt atlantis invented by plato? I might be wrong.
>>
>>18395237
Atlantis was also mentioned by the native americans, and evidence points to antarctica as having been atlantis and not having sunk, but as affected by a continental shift
>>
Let's talk about the Aryans, blue eyed statues in ancient egypt well before Greek or Roman occupation. Red and blonde haired mummies. The Indus Valley civilization and the blanket of burned corpses that layered the old city melting into one another, and even melted into the stone at places.

Let's talk about the negative RH blood types, light skinned, red and blonde haired, blue and green eyed people that still pop up in the middle east and north africa who genetically cannot be traced make to Europe against all logic to the contrary.

Let's talk about Hitler's fake corpse, and the Nazi escape to the ice cap, and the American pursuit only to be driven away by a force that led the ship captain to recommend the US bolster its air defense to the President himself.

Let's talk about people who cannot breed with other Humnans unless it is forced through medical intervention.

Let us talk about four white pills that extend Human life to over a thousand years, and regress age to the male/female prime.

Let us talk about a cure to Cancer that was reported less than four years ago, on world wide news, that most people don't seem to remember. That the traces and records of have completely disappeared.

Let us talk about the Island nation buried beneath the ice after a polar inversion and mass crustal displacement.

Let us talk of those who have always benefited from us, manipulated our leaders, and set the common folk against each other that they might remain distracted.

Let us talk of the disappearance of an entire Ancient Civilization where Russia is now, whose accomplishments have been erased or attributed to other cultures. Let us talk about massive ruins, walls and structures in the Ural Mountains and in far east russia, including pyramids, that are often overlooked, refuse to be talked about, and those destroyed by the Soviets and Tsars in a hopes to completely eradicate the memory.

Let us talk of the parasites amongst us.
>>
>>18395228
>Babel
>tower was indeed a rocket
That would be a good movie premise.

Story of Icarus. Dangers associated with flying to close to the heavens. Hey! I think I'm on to something.
>>
>>18395237

Keep in mind that Atlantis is Plato's word. Keep in mind that his tale isn't about an ancient civilzation, it was a moral tale inspired by an Egyptian tale he exposed to second hand. The Egyptian tale is lost to us, as the place of its origin was long rubble before modern times.

Keep in mind that the story of an ancient, advanced civilization swallowed by the sea and capped by ice is not unique to one culture - but many. This place is called many things. Atlantis is simply Plato's name, for a thing unimportant to the moral he was attempting to get across.
>>
>>18395251
Let's all put the burden of providing some more information on you, because it all sounds interesting, and I'm guessing it all comes from a particular, singular source. Go on, please.
>>
>>18395245
They didn't call it atlantis did they?
>>
>>18395258

Thats a fair point.
>>
>>18393252
still more believable then a flat earth
>>
>>18395317
obviously not, it was a different culture. This is further compounded by ruins in antarctica and evidence of evergreens and plants.
>>
>>18395329
Hollow earth is interesting, I find it highly unlikely and don't see how it would actually work, but its fascinating.
>>
>>18395331
Ruins in antarctica? please elaborate.
>>
>>18395344
pyramids
>>
>>18395228
>>18395254
I have a different interpretation on the story of babel. Its highly speculative, but since this is /x/, first a few presumptions:

Subdivision of fields - The seperation between religion, science, philosophy, art, language, agriculture, architecture, astrology/astronomy, cosmology, biology, etc. were not that clear cut back then. It was one and the same, gradually splitting through time, and still is, as we discover more. The revolutions (agricultural, architectural, industrial ..) is what powers the seperation and creation of sub-fields at exponential rates. Think of polymaths like the greek philosophers, Davinci, Newton, compared to the experts of today.

Devolution - These days you hear how millenials suck, but younger generations sucking is a notion that spans back at least to the greco-roman times in recorded history. Maybe its a real phonomena, where the increase in population means an increase in variation, but also a decrease in overall intelligence.

Cultural and evolutionary singularities - The technological singularity isn't just a recent notion, its been happening forever. A singularity defined as a point in evolutionary/cultural/technological advancement that allows an explosion at exponential rate. So this is how ancient egypt maintained a 'step-like' advancement through its dynastical history. We are current just in another 'step' advancement.
>>
>>18395534
cont.

For me babel was a cautionary tale of cultural singularity allowing advancement too quick for the next generations to catch on. This meant the general population becoming too complacent with the tech advancement of its time, even too dependent, to a point where there was a loss in the belief of religion. This doesn't mean religion in todays sense, but a loss in curiosity, the loss in the wonders of the universe. This led to their respective 'dark ages' where progress just halts and starts to devolve. With the addition of floods and local mega disasters, this created a disperal of 'languages', of techologies that were spread through out the globe. This was a gradual and slow event, not the sudden happening, that was all encoded in the shared language of oral myth/religions of the time.
>>
>>18393941
I saw that thread and tried/still want more info though...
>>
>>18395536
cont.

Applying this to todays standards, this would mean we would need a balance in science, art, histories and humanities etc. to make it through the comming singularty. Its the messianic figures, the polymaths of our time, anyone from the Einsteins and Kubricks to the Jobs, Musks, and Dalai Lamas, that appear to guide us through to the next level and its up to us to maintain this balance so we don't devolve like we did in the medieval dark ages. Then the problem was too much systematic/dogmatic/blind religion, today would be too much trust in science (like the threat of AI, nuclear tech, advanced warfare).
>>
File: Richat_Structure_-_SRTM.jpg (933KB, 2259x1244px) Image search: [Google]
Richat_Structure_-_SRTM.jpg
933KB, 2259x1244px
>>18394733
>>18393941
Things like the Richat 'Eye of Sahara' or the Yonaguni monuments are what makes me believe there has to be some lost civilization, perhaps not as advanced as UFO/alien level, but more advanced than current archaeology suggests that was some how impacted by a deluge due to the cyclical ice ages
>>
>>18395536
Our ability to create has long outpaced our ability to responsibly and maturely use our creations.

An increase of ease and an increase it global media full of egocentric agenda pushers giving away opinions and creating division has left millennials without a critical brain to think with in a way unprecedented in human history.

I like your interpretation. But that's all it is. The beauty of good scripture is in its agency of interpretation. Any half decent charlatan can make scripture say whatever he needs it to, to convince the devout to give him their money, their time, their hearts and their blood. The idea of the tower as a rocket to the heavens being smited by God and the story of Icarus linkage was for me an interesting example- maybe- of diffusion of spiritual ideas through the ages and through their cultures.
>>
>>18395563
We are living in a new Dark Ages right now. History will remember us that way. Think about it. Let it soak in. Feel sick. I do.
>>
>>18395643
Non-secularism so utterly controlled the hearts and minds of its subjects that it effectively set them back hundreds of years.

It's exactly the same as what I observe in the world today, except the jaws on our throats belong to the face on secularism. Why no cure for AIDS, cancer, hunger, shelter? Why are educational rates going down instead of up?

Dark Age 2.0. History repeats itself, only now we're getting past the expiry date on just how much utility can be squeezed out of the old religious texts. So of course "We are living in the ends times." Just what form the new holy text will take and who dreams it up is what facinates me. We'll probably live through it, but we'll be dead before the world "identifies" and accepts it as that.
>>
>>18395660
>face on secularism
face of secularism
>>
>>18395660
The lights went out after Rome fell.

Guess what happens when America splinters? The barbarians are at the gates.
>>
>>18395251
>Let us talk about four white pills that extend Human life to over a thousand years, and regress age to the male/female prime.

You lost me there. Sauce, on any of this?
>>
>>18395468

Pictures, coordinates, Expedition logs.... ?
>>
>>18395675
>Guess what happens when America splinters?

Not much. It is Not that big a driving evolutinary Force anymore, and it is Not the Same as when rome fell.
Of course, much depends on what evolves out of the shards of american.
>>
>>18392624

No; that hammer in a rock is just a perfectly-normal concretion object, thanks to extremely "hard" water, and not some weird "fossilization" from an ancient era.
>>
>>18396124
lol
>>
>>18396120
google pyramids of antarctica, it's just a mountain that looks like a pyramid
>>
>>18395675
the dark ages are a myth created by a bunch of anti-monarchists to justify the enslaving of humabity through secularism, effectuvely killing spirituality, democracy, effectively killing accountability, and human rights effectively killing natural instincts and self preservation.
>>
>>18392624

Large ore deposits are buried civilizations.
>>
>>18393036

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_inscriptions_in_Hagia_Sophia

This one blew my mind as for "how far the vikings traveled"

I guess something new about the location was discovered, it came up all over new sources again like the site was a new discovery or something, but every article I read, I couldn't find any new information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Anse_aux_Meadows

tldr;
vikings in istanbul and canada.
>>
>>18392971

Yes. Traditional archeology, and all evidence is exactly what you say.

The works themselves, establish their own independent timeline of the human race, radically different from traditional archeology, which self dates to something earlier than we have evidence of.

There is an organization funded by Hindu trying to find evidence, and prove the self proclaimed timeline is correct. They feel it would validate, and globalize Hinduism.

Bhaktivedanta Institute
>>
>>18397711
hurr durr what is the Varangian guard
>>
>>18397711
Is it possible traveling by river or sea was far more advanced than we give credit for and long before the development of the wheel-and-road method by land?
How the egyptians used sand sleds and ships or how humans arrived on polynesian islands makes me believe sea transportation evolved before land transportation methods.
>>
>>18392624
>Can anyone humor me on the notion of prehistoric advanced civilizations

Watch out for anachronism!
>>
>>18395641
>>18395660
You feel your right, The dark age thought is right.
He has a point>>18397422
It's that fact that the people in control. The people with power at this moment aren't interested in pushing for development. The have the money and the power. The only reason WW2 advancement were meet is because of interested. That and the scientific community in regards to anything are to busy squabbling after funding rather then furthering their own studies/interest's. With the Great war/wars they had the funding and the chance I guess. The real problem is a lack of interest. That and I believe it is a conglomerate of all the problems discussed in this thread.
>>
>>18397775
Is sand sledding that far-fetched? I hear how people say how amazed they are at the Polynesians. I feel they were no better then us.. They spent their resources and eventually genocided themselves... You'd think we'd learn a lesson from them.
>>
>>18397786
>squabbling after funding rather then furthering their own studies/interest's
This is so fucking true. Basically paper mills. I've noticed this with a lot of 'foreign' professors starting out here in the U.S. Including the one Im working with. Shes absolutely horrible.
>>
>>18397801
Rather than far fetched, I kind of believe earliest migrations happened by sea, rather than the standard model of by land.
>>
>>18395228
>>18395534

The whole Tower of Bable thing is just Abrahamic appropriation of the Sumerian history where Enki breaks the Me to keep them from Inanna by dividing human language. Which, honestly, is a far more interesting tale anyways.
>>
File: CERN_Shiva.jpg (474KB, 1995x1287px) Image search: [Google]
CERN_Shiva.jpg
474KB, 1995x1287px
>>18392824
>mfw
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.