[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone give an actual history of the Black Snake Prophecy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: comment4-1-981e3e4759e09646.jpg (478KB, 1204x778px) Image search: [Google]
comment4-1-981e3e4759e09646.jpg
478KB, 1204x778px
Can anyone give an actual history of the Black Snake Prophecy that people are saying DAPL fulfills? I never heard of it until recently and I can't find a source for it. It honestly sounds like something people made up after the fact, but I want to know either way what the earliest record of this prophecy is. I'm looking for a record of this prophecy which predates DAPL.
>>
I can't find a single mention of this prophecy that isn't from biased political, conspiracy, and New Age-type websites. Then again, I don't expect the protesters to bring that up, either.
>>
the lakota are wise like many of the native americans. we like to poop on them because we invented so many things, but they know many truths which we ignore.
>>
>>18389758
Well considering "don't shit where you eat" is something the Lakota can figure out but paleface can't, I don't doubt you're right. But I'm really starting to suspect this "prophecy" was fabricated.
>>
>>18389378
>It honestly sounds like something people made up after the fact, but I want to know either way what the earliest record of this prophecy is.
>I'm looking for a record of this prophecy which predates DAPL.

Oh boy this is gonna be fun can of worms to explain. I'm gonna assume you have a basic grasp of hermetics, the occult, or anything esoteric since you're managed to find the prophecy and are on /x/.

I know exactly what you're talking about and trust me it has nothing to do with DAPL so toss notion away if you want to really know more about it. The "prophecy" is entirely true, mind you, but it doesn't exist as you probably think it does. It's not some event that physically takes place on earth, but instead takes place in the astral realm where are unconscious mind dominates. It's one of those eternal human myths that are stored in the collective unconscious and are stored deep in every man's mind that describe the cycles of the universe through metaphor. Because of this, eternal myths arise in every culture but adopt very different forms and can be hard to recognize. It's pretty important to understand the nature of "eternal myths" to understand this, so take the example of the creation myth that is prevalent in every culture. There's always a "darkness", "chaos", or "void" that everything is born out of, from the Biblical book of Genesis to the Greek primordial god Chaos.

The Black Snake Prophecy is essentially an apocalyptic myth that details one of the stages of the end of the world, detailing the events that occur after the universe collapses with the whole Big Crunch thing. The Black Snake essentially represents visions and sensations of famine and drought that occur, and often take the form of a snake. Some people like to interpret it as the ouroboros and the cyclical nature of life as well. It's a giant monster that blocks out the "waters of life."

cont
>>
File: vajra.ghanta-dorje.lg.jpg (197KB, 803x468px) Image search: [Google]
vajra.ghanta-dorje.lg.jpg
197KB, 803x468px
>>18389839
>I want to know either way what the earliest record of this prophecy is

I'd just like to point out beforehand, since it's an eternal myth, it's without beginning or without end technically speaking. The oldest record of this myth is funnily enough in the oldest religious text we still have, the Hindu Vedas. It depicts the thunder god, Indra, battling with the serpent, Vritra, and eventually slaying it with a bolt of lightning shaped like a vajra, pic related, but destroying the world in doing so.

That's the earliest record, but countless versions can be found pretty much anywhere in any culture. The Egyptian god Ra slays the serpent Apep through his voyage through the underworld. The Christian's describe it as Famine, the third horseman of the apocalypse riding upon a black horse. The sufis have a bit more interesting description of it, and refer to it as dying the "Black Death."

cont
>>
>>18389874
The Greek version describes it as a battle between Zeus and the monster Typhon where Zeus smites Typhon with a bolt of lightning but also destroys the Earth in the process:

"So when Zeus had raised up his might and seized his arms, thunder and lightning and lurid thunderbolt, he leaped from Olympus and struck him, and burned all the marvellous heads of the monster about him. But when Zeus had conquered him and lashed him with strokes, Typhoeus was hurled down, a maimed wreck, so that the huge earth groaned. And flame shot forth from the thunderstricken lord in the dim rugged glens of the mount, when he was smitten. A great part of huge earth was scorched by the terrible vapor and melted as tin melts when heated by men's art in channelled crucibles; or as iron, which is hardest of all things, is shortened by glowing fire in mountain glens and melts in the divine earth through the strength of Hephaestus. Even so, then, the earth melted in the glow of the blazing fire."

The lightning bolt prevalent in all these stories is symbolic of the "flash of enlightenment" as it's known in Zen, an insight into reality. Take note how Zeus' "lightning bolt" in pic related is also in the shape of the vajra, adding proof to my claims.

i'm mildly fucked up right now and that was a heavy topic so let me know if anything wasn't clear
>>
>>18389889
also I forgot, the Norse version is the battle between Thor and Jörmungandr
>>
I like it when I come to /x/ and I learn new shit. Thanks for that sweet explanation bro
>>
Okay, so, protesters over-reacting and thinking it's the end of the world.

Nothing new there.
>>
>>18389905
Well they're not wrong. This is the end of the world. Worlds don't end as events, they end as processes. And mankind is doing literally everything required to destroy itself.
>>
>>18389969
People have been saying that since they could even say anything.
>>
>>18390015
You mean people from dead civilizations? People have been using this fucking retarded platitude since facebook. Guess what? All those people who declared the end was nigh are dead now and so are the civilizations they prophesied the end of. Gee, imagine that.
>>
>>18389839
I'm curious look at this on the drought map from a while back. Do you see the snake heads where the areas have been hit the heaviest with fires etc?
>>
>>18390019
there are no dead civilizations, there is only people with different styles and beliefs who are only seperated because people put labels on shit to pretend one is better than another

humanity as a whole is Civilization because we all live on the same planet and we are stronger than ever despite people saying we will destroy ourselves ever since the first weapon was lashed together
>>
>>18392165
Aww now look at this bullshit response.

>humanity as a whole is Civilization
What fucking tripe. Sophistry doesn't prove your point, you ignorant facebook poster.
>>
>>18392165
>No dead civilizations
As a history buff, I beg to differ.
>>
>>18393203
>>18392197
As a non mainstream history buff i definitely beg to differ.
>>
>>18392165
This is just stupid semantics. Clearly there are/were many different civilizations
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.