[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with the fact that you will die? That your parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7

File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 176x264px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 176x264px
How do you cope with the fact that you will die?

That your parents and everyone you ever loved will be a footnote, that everything you were emotionally invested in was an anchoring lie foisted on you by the biological imperative?
>>
File: spqr.jpg (29KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
spqr.jpg
29KB, 350x350px
>>18387873

I am fortunate as I have seen God on Earth so I am comfortable and "fearless" of death. I have seen God control the nervous systems of animals and even myself without me being aware I was being orchestrated. After I witnessed that, I understood that an afterlife is actually possible because, somehow, God has direct access to nervous systems.

Maybe there is no afterlife though, that would be fine as well as I wouldn't know the difference, but I believe the "world soul" is real.

If you look closely here, you can see a hint of evidence for God - as well as a hint he can control peoples' nervous systems without their awareness:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/51u3g5/god_is_not_the_author_of_all_things_but_of_good/d7xdny6/
>>
With knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.
>>
>>18387882
my nigga
>>
>>18387882
There is no understanding fit. You either comprehend your own impermanence, and your subsequent worthlessness at its hand, or you ignore it and sublimate. And you clearly sublimate.
>>
>>18387873
>How do you cope with the fact that you will die?

No necessarily, i'm rich enough to afford life extension technologies when they soon show up.
>>
>>18387892
SENS is a pipe dream that will never happen. There is no engineering biological immortality, and even then death from an accident or disease is a mathematical certainty.

There's no escape.
>>
>>18387893
You're not an expert on the issue so your opinion is worthless. Enjoy your poorfag doom.
>>
>>18387894
I am actually. I've read up on every SENS or reanimation experiment going trying to escape the inevitable. You will die. It is a certainty. Whether it is in a cosmic blink or a sigh is another matter, it is coming.
>>
>>18387890
Not an argument.
>>
>>18387895
>I've read up on every SENS or reanimation experiment going trying to escape the inevitable.

It's fun to pretend, isn't it?
>>
>>18387899
It's fun for you to pretend you're familiar with any of it when you've offered no indication of any familiarity.
>>
>>18387873
by understanding chaos theory/ butterfly effect.
every action you take had profound roles on the future, just taking up space so people have to move around you changes the timing of everything they do that day

so in the end, simply existing means you change the world

plus, boobs, so it's all worth it
>>
It's fine. It's modern society that has developed such a fucked up attachement to the material world. Lucky as shit to have the chance to have even be alive.
>>
You got two choices:

You accept the fact and live in a state of truth. It's kind of fucking miserable and shitty, but the fact is we're all just animals and consciousness is a lie we tell ourselves.

OR

You tell yourself some fucking bullshit about magic, God, or whatever and lie yourself into enjoying the time you have here as a cursed animal that knows it is going to die.

So find a nice lie to believe in or just suck up the horrible truth.

That's the real fucking horror right there.

YOU ARE JUST AN ANIMAL THAT ACCIDENTALLY BECAME SENTIENT
>>
The same way I deal with the fact that for thousands of years of human history, I wasn't born yet.
>>
>>18388011
Heh.
>>
>>18387896
Not an argument. It's a fact.

We're all animals and we're going to die.

All this bullshit we carry around in our heads is just lying nonsense to make ourselves feel better about being animals that are going to die.

So choose a nice lie and go for it.
>>
I'm not a whiny defeatist pussy nor someone with contributions to the world not extending beyond posting on an anime image board.
>>
Excellent read for this thread:

Thomas Ligotti - The Conspiracy Against the Human Race

Enjoy...?
>>
>>18387873
I've watched both parents die. I've watched my unborn twins die. I watched my best friend die. I've watched 4 dogs die.

Death is death.

Deal with it.
>>
old soldiers never die they just fade away
>>
Because you don't really have a choice. You're going to die whether you accept it or not.
>>
Fear of death. It's the funniest thing to watch. People running around trying to lengthen already meaningless lengths of time in the grand scale. You will die, and only some of us know what's coming. Even if you "transfer" what is the point of you never get out of a simulation? It's every horror story about such. You will eventually just go insane. Ffs.
>>
Holy shit, this thread blew up.
>>
>>18388026
Or become a literal science experiment with expensive, disgusting habits.
>>
>>18387873
no one dies
>>
>>18388040
You will and so will your mom. Not me though.
>>
>>18387873
I take a moment and smile, because it tends to be a fairly poetic thing. I was never anything else but a biological automaton, one that could have been said to never have existed at all. If my consciousness is an illusion, or not inherently present in nature, I'm equally okay with that- specifically because the thing that types was and will react this way nonetheless.

>>18388015
>We're all animals and we're going to die
Cry about it?
>All this bullshit we carry around in our heads is just lying nonsense
Gravity isn't nonsense, I don't think. If it is, it is an illusion that at least seems to have causality. I'm okay with that.
>So choose a nice lie and go for it
So... everything is a lie, then? Including the notion that we are all animals, and we're going to all die? What happens if you believe the former and are still fine with everything? What's wrong with looking at the situation in a way that doesn't bemoan pity, fear, anxiety, and the like, to an extent where they form the basis of one's reality?

What if you were not killing yourself over the notion that you can be killed, because you may eventually be killed, and the fact that you can and eventually will die proves to be and interesting fact, if not an interesting process?

>>18388026
I'll agree about the whole fear of death thing to a lesser extent, but regarding "transferring" one's self, emergent or otherwise, probably wouldn't be as bad. I mean, consider the notion that the insane don't know that they are insane. Consider the notion that, presumably, said consciousness or quality of said mind would exist longer than it has ever known something as itself to exist.

Something unprecedented could happen, probably even with respect to the perspective of the mind itself.
>>

I rewatch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJqUvBj4rE
>>
At least every one I hate will die too.
>>
>>18387873
i had an out of body experience when i was 16. Due to my experience, i strongly consider the possibility of an after life.
>>
>>18388015
Just like the cells in your body seem insignificant to you and yet they are able to work together to keep you alive and die without your notice. So are you playing your part, whether you like it or not; how insignificant it is, is wholly up to you.
>>
>>18388026
Vague and rude holding what you know over everyone else's head. If you please, tell the rest of us lower dying peons.
>>
>>18388235
he probably doesent know himself, he just thinks he knows. even the smartest humans didnt really know so i doubt some fella on /x/ does.
>>
>>18388263
Thanks anon. I hope you have a good day.
>>
>both sides of my family have multiple members that lived past 90, including one who loved to 114
I'm not sure how I'll cope but when it finally happens I may be too old to mind
>>
>>18387892
Send money plis
>>
>>18388191
/thread
>>
>>18387873
I just don't give a shit. After you feel like that most fears go away.
>>
>>18387873

I tell myself that death is the price for living and it's something I deserve
Plants and animals needed to die so that I may live, it's only fair that I die and become food for the worms
>>
>>18387873
Why would you need to cope with it? Death seems like an awesome thing, no one wants to be stuck on this prison planet, subjected to slavery under shitty governments.
>>
Death is an illusion.
>>
The eagle soars. He fears not death.
>>
File: dont.png (233KB, 395x362px) Image search: [Google]
dont.png
233KB, 395x362px
>>18387873
I used to care. I don't really care anymore. I died once and there wasn't a heaven or a hell, just a suspension of consciousness. Nothing really matters so enjoy the time you have.

And do drugs. Lots of drugs.
>>
>>18388874
>died once and there wasn't a heaven or a hell

how long where you dead for? if it was only for a few minutes or seconds, people could argue that your spirit never left your body or some shit, or god was aware that you where going to come back.
>>
>>18388894
About that long. I don't really care what people could argue either. It's kind of calming to know that nothing matters.

I still laugh and joke and shit. I'm not a cynical bastard with no sense of humor. It didn't affect my personality very much. I just don't have a fear of death anymore because, well, not existing isn't that terrifying anymore. It's more of a release.
>>
>>18388938
i had a handful of out of body experiences when i was 16 but maybe there isnt an after life, i dont know. i would probably be doing the same shit anyway
>>
god made earth to test his angels, theres no other existance than the physical world, god represents us by giving us our bodies made up of atoms and electrons that create space. he could not put us in a square box as we would find the edge and he had to put us alone in space so we couldnt escape. he created an unlimited amount of atoms and vibrated them to create circles and gravity by every atom occupying as little space as possible. he created versions of himself on earth, he created the atoms so they could transmit light by the electrons vibrating in the electro magnetic spectrum so people could see. he created animals and poo to humble us and we start as babies to humble us too. the make up and logic of the universe was intelligently created as it is still hard to create games that simulate reality.

when you die you might experience nothing, or your life may repeat itself as the simulation repeats, you may wake up as an angel who was sleeping, you may wake up as god and go live a different life

i dont believe in ghosts or demons as our planet is moving at thousands of miles so the ghosts that died in the past are floating way back in space unless youre telling me theyrre floating after earth
>>
>>18388992
spooky. i have consider the idea before that we're all god experiencing life. thanks for sharing that, it is interesting to think about. do you have a source though so i can read more about what you have said or is it just something you have thought of?
>>
By getting high and not giving a fuck about the future.

So long as I have a roof over my head, my girlfriend, my family and friends then life will be alright.
>>
>>18388699
This anon got it right /thread
>>
>>18387873
Death is our natural state. Hence the agony of living
>>
I'm young and healthy enough that I give myself better than even odds at surviving until eternal youth has been figured out and is cheap enough for me to afford. Then I've just got to avoid accidents for the next ~100 trillion years before the heat death of the universe.

I believe our reality to be a simulation. With the greatest minds of all humanity living forever and working with any other intelligent species we come across in our galaxy (and Andromeda after the impact) working together for all that time, I figure they'll think up a way to "uplift" us out of our simulated universe into the one above ours, giving us even more time.

That reality is probably also a simulation, so we keep climbing rungs until we hit the top (unlikely) or I get bored of it all and accept death (more likely)
>>
>>18387873
Death isn't scary to me, the pain of death does scare me.

I cope with the endless realization of futility and mortality by enjoying those with me now and hating those I don't want with me.

Also weed.

Fuck tons of it...
>>
>>18389133
same here, I don't mind the "after" but the moment of. Scares the shit out of me. I always knew but when my brain really realized that the anxiety levels were of the chart. and sadly I can't have access to weed. If only someone told me about the other world or that I have a soul I would really dont mind to leave this world
>>
>>18387873
I'm not that worried about my self. I don't give to much of a shit and I don't go around regreting things. I just have a good ass time and when death comes along I'll probably be sick of living anyway.
>>
>>18387873
I believe in reincarnation and believe that my father and mother and friends and family will exist in my next life as they existed in my previous ones
>>
>>18387873

The only part of you that dies when you die is "you" so no need to fear.
>>
File: d33 (1).jpg (9KB, 200x219px)
d33 (1).jpg
9KB, 200x219px
>>18388021
>>
>>18387873
You die every night, Anon.

Do you know when you're asleep?

Then you won't know when you're dead.

Besides, there is the afterlife. Heaven is real and so is Hell. And Jesus is the way to Heaven.
>>
>>18387873
With existential nihilism and a cold beer.
>>
>>18387873
Such is the burden of Man.
We'll see again on the other side, our nature perfected, Death defeated.
Take you time and smell the roses.
>>
>>18388021
OW, STOP!
Your sharp edges are hurting me!
>>
>>18387873
The same way I cope with the fact that I live. Stop being so complicated OP
>>
>>18390395
>The only part of you that dies when you die is the part that matters

very comforting
>>
Tbh living forever sounds horrifying. I just want to not exist, or if reincarnation is real not remember this life. I also want to be a normie next time
>>
>>18388000
The trips of truth!
>>
>>18390474
FAG!
>>
>>18387873

Solve it by creating the thought that you will not die.
The more you consider immortality, the worse existance becomes.
>>
>>18388196
how did you come to this experience ? were you near of dying ?
>>
>>18390929
I hate to say this, but OBEs are caused by the destruction of the limbic system in the brain, the most fragile part.

But then again, I believe that if you were born at all, there's a chance that it might happen again. 100 years, 1000, a billion, googleplex, it's possible with the ever expanding universe and such.
>>
>>18387894
Ur reliance on rudimentary currency is a testament of your own ignorance
>>
>>18387873
i can cope because
"atleast i'll always know i was... Cooolleer."
>>
>>18387873
Contemplating an infinite lifespan is just as scary as contemplating death, at least for me.
>>
>>18387873
Death is the ultimate concept of beauty, and I don't mean this in an edgelord kind of way.
The whole process, the decay, the biological cycle fullfilling itself and proving life for other beings in the environment... It's all a gorgeous if you can detach yourself from grief and the bad emotions surrounding it.

I'm a designer and back in college, I learned about how certain repeating themes influence the objects we create and use. Sort of why we consume things with symbols on them because we admire the concept and want to be surrounded by it. Death, unsurprisingly, is one of the most popular themes, be it in fashion, graphic art or even interior design. At the same time we try to avoid it as much as possible, a big portion of society just embraces it (even if subconsciously) through objects and symbols.

I'd say it's a start, on getting used to it. If you talk about it, wear it, and see it everyday, it's bound to become "normal" to you.
>>
>>18387873
How do you cope with the fact that you live?
>>
>>18387873
I just shrug and accept it. I can't do anything about it and dwelling on it won't do any good.
>>
>>18387879
Get help.
>>
>>18387873
By being ironic.
>>
>>18387873

If anything certainty of death is an understanding that no suffering must be endured forever. at least not earthly suffering.

the certainty of death means we must not waste our time. we must appreciate and utilize every moment we are given.
>>
>>18388874
you sound kind of like a bullshitter. like you probably were unconscious and are just saying you died because you pump that up to be more than it was.
>>
>>18387873

Doesn't bother me, atleast I had sex.
>>
>>18387873

denial and plain old just not thinking about it.
>>
Enjoy your time. Every stupid moment of it. And remember how fucking alive you felt when you suffered. Those, were some of your moments of 100% life. And it made you. All of it, all of it is worth it.
>>
Why do you presume we must die? It could
be a very real possibility a method for biological immortality could be discovered within our life time.
>>
>>18387873
I don't really cope with it, I just feel bad about it.
>>
>>18387873

an unborn child experiences true happiness, being unable to think or believe, sitting in stillness wreathed by your mothers internal fluids and protected from the outside world. you would be happy, yes? you would be living the most joyous times and it would seem so that it had to be for an eternity. your times living in a pit of irresponsibility are over, when you are slowly pushed through against your will into the arresting light of a pair of white gloves. those cold rubber gloves pulling you, exposing your once warm and cozy skin to a surge of air that brings you into your final steps of awakening, your only way to deal with the reality you have just experienced is to cry, there is no other emotion to feel other than the wanting of bliss. through your cycle of life you feel in the back of your mind that it is as though you long for something, you bargain and brag about your materialistic trinkets and knowledge but these are mere fillings for the void that you cannot fill permanently. in those final moments of your living experience when you are then again meeting your cold rubber gloves, yet you shall not cry nor pout, but sob with tears of joy. you are now taking a journey into the journey's end, where in you will be let loose into a bountiful eternity of dreams, and finally you will be free from the tug of existence.

i am no longer afraid of death, for death is where i shall be free from responsibility and the possibility of existing, one feeling in the womb that i will all the same will feel in death is the pure and utter bliss of ignorance, living in an unending dream where there are no dreams because to be truly happy is to be free from being human.
>>
>>18387893
I've had SNES since 1992. My quality of life has drastically improved.
>>
>>18387873

there is no reason to care or dwell on it, or what will happen after I'm dead, because its gonna happen and when I'm dead, I won't care.

So while I'm alive, I'll focus myself to issues that I can care about, and that care that I care about them :P
>>
>>18392763
This is the most irritating thing I've read in a while. The way to deal with death is to accept the tragedy, fight it tooth and nail and, above all, live life. Nothing worth doing has ever been done by a being without thought, and to squander sentience and free will, the only things that could possibly give this worthless void meaning, is disgusting.

I say keep walking toward a new horizon, and when death comes, spit in his eye and run until he catches up.
>>
>>18387873
It's called not being a little bitch and focusing on constructive things. We will all die regardless of how we feel about it.
>>
I'm not that bothered I just hope I don't leave people too happy
>>
I am choosing suicide because I have ALS and want to end before things get too hairy. I'm not telling my family, don't want to see their distress but I feel like this will be somewhat reasonable in their eyes when they find out. In my case, I can enjoy daily pleasures but otherwise don't want to wait for my body to fuck itself over, just makes each day painful. Thinking of jumping as a quick surefire method.

Be sure to ghostpost when I get into the atomic ether, beyond death is most likely nothing but could also be everything. I am thinking of doing this in a couple of days so in this case, rather than live with a painful slow decline the rest of my life, I welcome death. Painful to get there but non-existence is...my choice. There's no way other around it.
>>
the dawn of another day.
the sun has risen everyday I can remember.
>>
>>18387873
>Imlying i won't achieve immortality and live forever.
>>
>>18392990
You do know they can do shit to help/fix it.. trust when I say ur family will NEVER forgive you nor will they think it was anything near "reasonable" if you have anyone who leans on you, you will crush them forever and always is that how you wanna thank them?
>>
File: kfsj384urwijsfk.jpg (28KB, 470x542px)
kfsj384urwijsfk.jpg
28KB, 470x542px
>>18392990
I am so so sorry. I've looked after people with ALS or MND as we call it. I cannot think of any worse illness. What stage at your illness are you at? While I'm in no way encouraging you to commit suicide, I can absolutely understand why you would feel like that. Is assisted suicide an option where you are?
>>18393144
There's no cure, and how dare you put more shit on someone already suffering more than you hopefully will ever understand? Why don't you look up the condition you claim to be so well versed in? Most people don't live two years past a diagnosis.
>>
>>18387873
Quantum suicide
>>
>>18387873(OP)
For me it's curiosity. I want to fucking know what's after all of this. I don't belive in "God" but I'm still curious as fuck
>>
>>18387873

I don't plan to. If i do, it will be unexpected, so, no need to loose my cool over it.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.