[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If one was to sell his soul, would noble intentions make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Faust.jpg (130KB, 752x960px) Image search: [Google]
Faust.jpg
130KB, 752x960px
If one was to sell his soul, would noble intentions make it more valuable?
>>
File: G0C.jpg (84KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
G0C.jpg
84KB, 600x426px
>>18384627

No.
>>
>>18384632
Why?

What makes a soul valuable?

Would souls that are more incorruptible and less wanting of selling themselves not be more valuable in that they are harder to get, thus there must be more temptation and offers in way? Would a soul of someone who wants to sell it without much thought be less valuable?
>>
File: anime_dance.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
anime_dance.gif
483KB, 243x270px
>>18384627
It depends who's buying. That's the thing about souls--everyone has a different value system for them. If you think about it a certain way, the value system you place on souls determines the content and qualities of your own. Does this help?
>>
7.4 billion in the world today. The market is flooded. Noble or not, your soul isn't worth shit.
Also, you're asking this on 4chan. Odds of having a good soul is 0.
>>
>>18384627
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, as the saying goes. But no, souls aren't real, it's just part of the brain.
>>
Your soul may be full of noble intentions, but when you think "how much would they pay me for my noble intentions", the noble intentions themselves cease to exist.
>>
File: anime_dance_ts.gif (4MB, 839x464px) Image search: [Google]
anime_dance_ts.gif
4MB, 839x464px
>>18384649
As a hypothetical example, if a person values souls in a zero-sum way, so that the total value of everyone's souls together is equal to zero, then their soul probably has approximately no value to themselves. For a person who values polarity, that soul is now probably more highly valued than someone's whose soul does not value everyone's together in a zero-sum way, whose soul in turn is more highly valued to someone who values polarity less than the processes of arriving at non-zero-sum value totals which have a reduced chance of arriving at exact polarized values as the total number of souls increases.

The probability of a non-zero sum value system arriving at an exactly polarized value total is approximately equal to (xx+x)/(2x*2^x) where x is the total number of souls when the probability of a soul being more or less valuable is itself of exactly polarized probability.

This ends the hypothetical. Does this make sense?
>>
>>18384730
Therefore, all souls, when they are sold, are worth nothing.
>>
>>18384733
It does.

But you don't ponder variables in soul value, just a polarity between positive value and indifference, in classic abrahamic polarity, you have good and bad souls, and you also have indifference as zero.
>>
>>18384761
That's an interesting perspective. Personally, I disagree, but I enjoy trading knowledge about our different value systems.
>>
>>18384768
I'm animistic, my soul value system it's a complicated mess.

I was thinking about making a graphic for it, so I'll post it once I'm done drawing it.

It has high souls, low spirits, and all kinds of wacky things, my ancestors had way to much free time.
>>
>>18384627
No, the soul serves as an invaluable asset, so any sale thereof stands out as ignoble.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.