[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arrival: Our lives are closed time-loops and causally consistent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Heptapod_B.jpg (73KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Heptapod_B.jpg
73KB, 1600x900px
Arrival:

Our lives are closed time-loops and causally consistent only if we listen to our future selves and make choices based on the information we receive through intellect in order to maintain the non-linear information stream that informs them.

ITT: We discuss how hauntingly accurate this is.
>>
>>18377729
In simple terms:
If you follow your wisdom your life is not a closed time loop

Op doesn't follow his wisdom
>>
File: 1442625023044.png (321KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1442625023044.png
321KB, 431x450px
>>18377693
Arrival: great movie
OP: faggot
>>
What if the aliens needed us, but in a bad way? Like in 3000 years they needed us as food or something.
>>
>>18377693
Aristotle had the concept of entelechy, the end form draws the growing form to it. Like the oak tree tells the acorn how it must grow to become the tree.
>>
ITT:shit that will never happen because /x/ is full of new age retards
>>
>>18380006
That is exactly the root of "intellect" I was going for, but the reference escaped me - thank you for jogging my memory.
>>
>>18378366
Lovecraftian. I like it.
>>
>>18380282

Like they were just trying to get us to not destroy ourselves so they could come back and pillage our space faring future culture.
>>
>>18378366
>Like in 3000 years they needed us as food or something.
ITS A COOKBOOK

Since time is non-linear for her, she would be able to see in the future what the aliens would have needed of humankind. Even if the outcome was not favorable, there wouldn't be anything we could do about it besides destroying ourselves (which depending on the alien's motives, might be the better choice)
>>
File: Invader_Tak_Large.png (137KB, 512x425px) Image search: [Google]
Invader_Tak_Large.png
137KB, 512x425px
>>18377733
Maybe OP's definition of a closed time-loop is causal consistency. If that were so, than OP maintains the integrity of the closed time-loop even while observing information from a non-linear information stream.

I am implying that a closed time-loop is both non-linear, and causally consistent in this hypothetical interpretation of OP's statements. Perhaps hyper linear would be an apt description of closed time-loops.
>>
>>18383158
Idk about all that bro im just tryna smoke fat blunts and fuck bitches
>>
Arrival is a beautiful movie, i really enjoyed how different it was from other "alien invasion kill em all" type of movies. I thpught it was interesting that even though she knows how everything is going to play out she doesnt choose to change any of it. It made me think about how if we knew how our lives were gonna play out would we really change anything? And i also enjoyed how the story mostly focused on linguistics and communication with the aliens and how we would potentially go about it! How the aliens spund vrs hpw they "write" and then the whole precog side of their language ahhh it was so well done. I could watch it again and again n still love it.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-08-11h35m33s953.png (625KB, 785x578px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-08-11h35m33s953.png
625KB, 785x578px
infact there could be millions of why are we here
what is the purpose in life,.
1 could be we were created for something beautifull but some how some thing went wrong
at some time.
lets say infact that aliens did land here 1000 of years ago,, and so on and so on.
manilpulated our dna but we became very very
violent or something and our coded was not anyloger any good to them so they just left,
they didnt wipe us out because as mentioned 100 times before in various threads they are super intelligent and know the out come namly that we will eventually destroy our selfes
so they have already calculated when they can return,,,,nibiru annunaki etc and start manipulating us from scratch and re created paradise i truely belive its something so devine
something we have over looked
our purpose in life isnt just to spread dna and do the stuff we do today 2016, sure we live longer now but somewere in ancient texts its mentioned we could infact live to be 4000 years but since our dna is manipulated we only live to be max 100.tops. if you dont fuck your life up with alcohol or drugs another manipulation among billions of chemicals we as humans play with daily,look at our lives on earth for krist sake, deep deep inside billions of people have the same way of thinking ,,this is not right, something is wrong ,,,chemtrails are real why are we allowing this nibiru is real and not many truly understand what its all about,
but the super intelligent et and ai controlling our universe does. we are murdering animals on a daily basis just look to china etc etc
all the bad stuff happening in our world.,
you name it. its so bad billions of people have already given up. we should be seeking immortallity and be spreading into the unverse much faster with the technology and intelligence we have today the power so many human beings has togother tbc.
>>
>>18384235
coded dna
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.