[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this was just last time I've seen that weirdness again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1451043846832.jpg (749KB, 1920x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1451043846832.jpg
749KB, 1920x1356px
this was just last time I've seen that weirdness again.

the english grammar is either SUDDENLY chopped out with a law or something, or something very drastically changed in a short time.

At first, I was watching a tv show and the woman said to the guy, "why kidnap me?" instad of "why did you kidnap me". I thought that was her shortage on grammar.

Then a tv spokesman was broadcasting news "why clean your house everyday" or something, instead of "why you should clean"

Now a website I've just stumbled says this;
"WHY BUY FROM US" and not; "WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM US"

now this started to feel really bizarre because I don't remember hearing/seeing sentences as in this structure in my whole life before. Maybe once or twice.

But it got so much ferquent since last few months that I couldn't bear it anymore and went right here to ask you guys about it.

What the fuck is this and WHY SPEAK THIS WAY?

I'm a man who studies linguistics and this feels so much weird to me.
>>
>>18376849
You went crazy there is a subtle difference in intention among those phrases.
>>
You're an idiot
>>
>>18376849
>WHY SPEAK THIS WAY?
>not "why do they speak this way?"

Was this intentional, or did you just inadvertently show you have the exact same grammar as the people you think aren't speaking correctly?
>>
>>18377295
kek

/thread
>>
>this feels so much weird to me

Also, this is grammatically incorrect. If you include the word "much," you turn weird into an adjective. "So much" and "weird" should be describing a noun: so much weird shit, so much weird food, etc. If you want "weird" to be the direct object (i.e. - what you are feeling), then to enhance the word you only need "so." If you wish to further emphasize the word "weird," the proper word to use would be "very."

"This feels so weird to me."

"This feels so very weird to me."
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.