[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know that I'm probably shadow banned because everytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: not.jpg (23KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
23KB, 1280x720px
I know that I'm probably shadow banned because everytime I post anything majorly thought provoking i never get a single reply.

I have a thought experiment to do with science and when trying to prove / disprove people who have psychic abilities.

I'll use telekinesis as an case study for my thought experiment.

The proof of psychic abilities is loosely defined as a person being able to exert a force by thought or willpower alone.

In any such case where anyone who claims to have said abilities he will no doubt be examined by other humans.

If the experiment was conducted with the intention of actually determining if PEOPLE have this ability instead of just a singular claiment, then the experiment would have to take into considering that those involved in the experiment would also be exerting a force upon any object within the experiment. This is due to the object being the subject of the people involved in the experiments thoughts or willpower.

This would mean to me that these experiments are not unbiased and all fail to take this into account rendering the expirment null and void.

I believe that these experiments should be undertaken with the same kind fo care that any quantum experiment would be performed where everything should be done to isolate observers and their intents and willpowers from the objects being tested.
>>
Evidence which backs this hypothesis is that any scientist who seeks to prove that people really do have these abilities usually has produced studies which support the evidence that paranormal abilities DO EXIST.

Although, when peer reviewed by less enthusiastic scientists it alwasy will show the opposite as the overall intent is that the experiment should fail.

I'm not questioning the validity of any previous experiments but I would like to perhaps discuss ways in which paranormal abilities could be tested without breaking the paradox that anyone involved in such an experiment is able to influence the outcome because they also are theoritically be able to exert a psychic force.

TLDR

If you really want to test the hypothesis that telekinesis is true then it should be at least assumed that it is true and that the testers willpower can pollute any results.

All currently accepted proof that paranormal abilities do not exist have been performed using this flawed model where the scientists inherent psychic ability flawed the test in favour of the outcome that doesnt challenge their worldview.
>>
File: you.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>18376662
>I know that I'm probably shadow banned because everytime I post anything majorly thought provoking i never get a single reply.
here
don't spend it all in one place
>>
>>18376662
>I know that I'm probably shadow banned because everytime I post anything majorly thought provoking i never get a single reply.

Did you ever think you aren't as thought-provoking, profound or 'woah so deep man' as you think you are?

Here's your (you) anyways
>>
>>18376662
If its not done double blind, then it's just seen as biased. If there were a single example of people doing more than remote viewing(like telekinesis etc.), it would be an active practice more than likely. Remote viewing was perfected by the Military. So perhaps what your talking about is searching for things that aren't there. If not, then don't you think it would be an obvious fact, that would be hard to hide? Regardless of naysayers? Just a response.
>>
>>18376852

I'm not meaning a double blind I mean completely removing the people carrying out the experiments ability to even know whats happening in the test.

So for example a Guy is trying to influence an object.

They hold the experiment and tell 50 volunteers to bring a random object with them, they don't know any more information.

The person chooses an object from those people at random to exert his influence on them. The people conducting the test have no idea what this object is, so therfore cannot exert any mental force upon it.

The person being tested for abilities then puts that object into a sealed container with a video camera which has a live feed to the 50 test subjects who all watch the remote video. all they can see is an object in the box. They then watch the video and at the end of the experiment are given instructions to write down what they saw.

The examinors of the experiment can only use what was written to determine what actually happened.

just an idea, I'm looking for something perhaps better than this.
>>
>>18376662
the reason nobody ever replies scizo is because nobody knows what the fuck you are bullshitting about.
>>
>>18376662
Make a rule to yourself to always, make your posts with less than 50 words.

Also choose better pictures, they not have to be directly related to the post, but they have to be interesting to watch.
>>
>>18376662

You're tl;dr buddy. People have shorter attentions spans nowadays, make it bitesized or have an interesting hook right at the start that will draw attention while in catalog view.
>>
>>18376662
Show us your D!!!
>>
>>18377065
Girls plz.

Well OP, seems like it's your only chance at replies.

You know what to do.
>>
File: WIN_20160924_16_17_15_Pro.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160924_16_17_15_Pro.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>18377065
>>
>>18377108
American money is better - burn that shit.
>>
File: pol.jpg (592KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
592KB, 953x953px
>>18376662
No telekinesis, just Meme Magic.
>>
>>18376664
>Evidence which backs this hypothesis is that any scientist who seeks to prove that people really do have these abilities usually has produced studies which support the evidence that paranormal abilities DO EXIST.
Which studies are these?

>Although, when peer reviewed by less enthusiastic scientists it alwasy will show the opposite as the overall intent is that the experiment should fail.
So you can only see what you will believe? Explain all the unexpected discoveries/events people have made/witnessed. Not to mention the fact that if just reading the results of a study "psychically" changes them, then your claim is completely unfalsifiable, making it null and void.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.