[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient Goddess cult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: akelarre2b.jpg (45KB, 460x321px) Image search: [Google]
akelarre2b.jpg
45KB, 460x321px
Don't know if this is related to this board, but didn't figure a better place because it's about religion. Mods pls don't delete, at least move it.

So after reading Evola, Gimbutas and a bunch of tantra, african religion and European witchcraft, it came to my attention this idea that before indoeuropeans (and maybe semites as well) spread in all their territory, there was indeed some sort of cult diffused from almost all Europe, the Middle East and even the indian subcontinent (Harappa-Mohenjo Daro) with similar aspects.

Taking aside the feminist point of view of a matriarchal utopic society, there is consistence in several points:

>spread from the British Islands to almost the Himalayas
>higher god is female (ie Kali)
>a horned god (possibly meaning a bull, ie masculinity) as consort
>sex is a common cult/magical practice (tantra, european witches, canaanite cults, etc)
>women have some sort of "freedom" or status (Etruscans, Lilith equal in status as Adam, glorification of women in tantra, Vinca civilization, Minoan goddesses, etc)
>women also considered some sort of messager of the divine (female shamans, european witches, etc)
>magic practices and exercises to attain religious experience or powers (yoga, for example, is depicted in a pre aryan seal from Harappa; scandinavian seidr is considered a femenine practice and men who practice it considered homosexuals and so punished)
Etc

Is there anything about this? I mean wihout genre wars? All stuff comes from crazy feminazis and Gimbutas own works who are sort of flawed in some points (ie: this kind of religiousness doesn't mean that society was matriarchal)

What do you think about this?
>>
File: varglol.png (190KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
varglol.png
190KB, 500x400px
Have you read Varg Vikernes - Sorcery And Religion In Ancient Scandinavia? (yes that Varg Vikernes). He talks about the transition from matriarchal to patriarchal 'tribes' all the while worshipping nature. He explains some other stuff too, it's a good read.
>>
>>18376364
I know Varg books but didn't know he adressed the topic.

Thanks, gonna check
>>
>>18371791
>>18371791
>>18371791
>>
>>18376278
Nature was the goddess and the supreme ruler. But when we learned that we could create civilization, that by all means we could reach the stars if we truly tried... then the focus changed.

Most deities of civilization, knowledge, war and advancement are male.

We don't live in mom's basement anymore.
>>
>>18376756
>Nature was the goddess and the supreme ruler. But when we learned that we could create civilization, that by all means we could reach the stars if we truly tried... then the focus changed
Harappa, Etruria, Minos, etc were very developed and sophisticated civilizations. They had irrigation systems, sewage, field agriculture, temples, housing, etc

>Most deities of civilization, knowledge, war and advancement are male.
Not really.

Athenea (pre aryan) war and wisdom
Kali (tantric, ie non aryan) war and wisdom
Inanna (sumerian, pre semite) war and love
Etc

The gender of the deities isn't fully related to their function, and the cultural pattern as well is different in each culture

>We don't live in mom's basement anymore.
>>>/pol/
>>
I'm just a profane pleb but I'll add a couple cents in here.
Some gnostics talk about the Aeon female which created life by merging with god (or the source), as a young Aeon she was out of line, quickly sent back out of the "oneness" and thus caused what can only be equated to an abortion.

In touching god, she met profound wisdom, and became a higher version of herself, while the lower version (the young ignorant) was dispatched.

This ties into Eve and Lilith and numerous other histories. Lilith being the lower and Eve or Sophia being higher.

What's interesting is the goddess is always depicted with red hair. And we have evidence the ancients had red hair. The woman in the Silk Road recently found (before it existed) had red hair. Giants are said to have red hair.

Also interesting is that the original Templars (or a faction of them) seem to be enveloped in respect/admiration (worship?) of a goddess. and it can be found in gnostic teachings and art or sculpted works.
Essentially there's another version of Christs legacy where Magdalene was a teacher, and Christ was a disciple of hers. In art work, the bag of money is seen as a homage to the magdalene.

This also ties in with Joan of Arc and other female messengers of god.

U can find many pieces of art that have hidden meanings in regards to goddess worship and before our current timeline, there is evidence of goddess worship throughout the world.
>pic related
I still have no idea what it means in the grand scheme of things. There are far too many confusing elements.

As a profane pleb some things I wonder
>Does each deity or god have a 'lower' and 'higher' version of itself?
>if the right side / left side path ultimately reaches the same outcome, does that mean everything has both?
>>meaning the good of one can also bring the bad
>>>meaning essentially Lucifer is the mirror of Christ and each deity or god or whatever has both?

I really have no clue. I know searching without a teacher is confusing
>>
>>18376756
>gods of war are male
This isn't true, and I was going to make the point >>18376827 makes, and add to it.

Just connecting it to >>18376278, there's quite a pit of consistency in very primitive mother goddesses. Kali and Inanna/Ishtar were already mentioned, and the similarities are really striking. Both are goddesses both of creation (fertility in Ishtar's case) and destruction (war, for Ishtar).

But it also goes a little beyond them, and you see a similar pattern again in Egypt with Sekhmet, whose name literally means "The Powerful One," who is a goddess of the sun, representing life, and also of war and violence.

One plausible explanation is that a goddess of creation tends to be a goddess of fertility, which is associated with agriculture. It's well noted that agricultural gods and goddesses tend also to be associated with storms, so you are lead to a dual nature of both creation and destruction in the same goddess.

Society was certainly not matriarchal, though, and the Indian and Sumerian/Akkadian/Babylonian examples all show that very clearly. The consistent underlying point is that the mother goddess represents a kind of 'void' or unknowable and uncontrollable primitive power - they really tend to be associated with things far more primal than civilisation itself.
>>
File: IMG_3325.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3325.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>18376829
Forgot pic
>>
>>18376827
>Kali (tantric, ie non aryan) war and wisdom

What source are you using for this? I have never heard Kaali as reigning specifically over war. The only links I can find relating Kaali as a war-goddess are the Marvel RPG database, and some "gnostic warrior" guy who also seems to think California was named after Kali. I'm not considering either of them particularly well-researched or authoritative.
>>
>>18376278
Don't you find it interesting, that they're all dead
>>
>>18377447
Not the same anon but even the gurkhas hail Kali before fighting (Jai Maha Kali ayo gurkha).

Where are you looking?
>>
>>18377760
That's because for some Kali is the Supreme. Does praying to Jesus before battle make him a war-god as well?
>>
Wiki:
>Kali's earliest appearance is that of a destroyer principally of evil forces. She is the goddess of one of the four subcategories of the Kulamārga, a category of tantric Saivism.[2] Over time, she has been worshipped by devotional movements and tantric sects variously as the Divine Mother, Mother of the Universe, Adi Shakti, or Adi Parashakti.[3][4][5] Shakta Hindu and Tantric sects additionally worship her as the ultimate reality or Brahman.[6] She is also seen as divine protector and the one who bestows moksha, or liberation.

>destroyer of evil
>divine mother
>ultimate reality
>divine protector
>giver of liberation

Not seeing any war in here. Nor will you find it on any of these sites:
goddess ws/kali html
hinduism about com/od/godsgoddesses/tp/deities htm
ancient eu/Kali/
thebuddhagarden com/kali-hindu-goddess html

Can you show me a site that DOES say Kali is the goddess of war?
>>
>>18377834
Calm down Cletus, I'm not who you were asking.

There are several war godesses in different cultures, why so obsessed with Kali?
>>
>>18378127
You mean why am I keeping to my single point that Kali is not a goddess of war? Because it's true. Now do you have a source for this idea, or do you just not like it when people get called out on mistakes?

There are several war goddesses, why the need to embellish the list with goddesses that aren't?
>>
File: freud_420a.jpg (34KB, 420x392px) Image search: [Google]
freud_420a.jpg
34KB, 420x392px
>>18378131
Calm down Cletus. You didn't even read what I wrote, clearly. What part of 'I'm not the one you were asking to' you didn't understand?

Even if Kali isn't a goddess of war, the point of that post stands, there are war goddesses, not only masculine gods of war.

What's the matter? Why are you so obsessed with this?
>>
>>18378177
I read you fine. That you weren't the person who posted the list is irrelevant as to whether you have a source for Kali being a war-goddess. And I'll take your avoidance as an admission that you have no source for it either.

>the point of that post stands, there are war goddesses, not only masculine gods of war.
Please quote where I disputed this.

Why can't you realize I was correcting the post, not disputing it? You seem awfully invested in a post that isn't yours.
>>
File: freud_420b.jpg (34KB, 420x363px) Image search: [Google]
freud_420b.jpg
34KB, 420x363px
>>18378185
I don't have a source because I wasn't the one saying that. There's no reason for me to have a source.

>Please quote where I disputed this.
>Why can't you realize I was correcting the post, not disputing it? You seem awfully invested in a post that isn't yours.

My bad, your over obsession seemed to have no point to the main topic so I assumed you were trying to refute that. Accept my apologies. I was wrong.

See, some 'special' kind of children tend, for example, to fixate in a specific part of a toy, like the wheel of a car and ignoring the entire toy. But that's not bad, it doesn't mean they can't have a normal life. It's just a particular disorder, but pretty normal nowadays.

Now, going back... why this fixation? At what age do you believe that it started?
>>
>>18378214
>I assumed you were trying to refute that.
You should learn to read. My point was stated clearly and the first thing I typed.

>>18377447
>What source are you using for this? I have never heard Kaali as reigning specifically over war.
>>
>>18378177
>>18378214

RULE 13: Do not use avatars or attach signatures to your posts.

https://www.4chan.org/rules
>>
OP here. Thanks for keeping it alive :)

>>18376827
Yes. According to Gimbutas several greco-roman goddesses are of pre IE origin. Another warrior goddess might be the christianised queen Medb of Ireland, who leads a war. Perhaps a native pre IE goddess.

>>18376829
Interesting. The image of Magdalene as teacher reminds me of tantra too, as the texts say that a female tantric master is highly revered. It's also similar to the seers of scandinavia and other parts of Europe to whom the heroes go to ask for guidance.

Now the red hair, despite the connection to the Tarim mummies, might be also a symbolism to menstruation. The use of menses in ritual is known in tantra and witchcraft.

>>18376859
>The consistent underlying point is that the mother goddess represents a kind of 'void' or unknowable and uncontrollable primitive power - they really tend to be associated with things far more primal than civilisation itself.
Interesting. Sounds pretty much like Shakti.

Didn't know about Egypt. Do you know if there is evidence for an ancient strata im Egypt similar to the other 'goddess civilizations'?
>>
>>18376278
I believe very much in Ishtar(or Inanna). The Star has helped me.
>>
>>18378127
>>18378177
>>18378214

>>>/trash/
>>
>>18376827
>>18376859
>Still sucking mom's breats

By the time the true crisis arrives. You wont be able to do anything. Your milk is tainted.
>>
>>18378762
Worshipers of Lilith are like that.
>>
There is a strong precedent for goddesses relating to war/magic/lovesexfertility

Take Freya, goddess of magic, takes half the glorious dead (einherjar) to her hall of Folkvangr (the other half going of course to Valhalla), and in myth is very much associated with sex and sexuality, as are all her people, the Vanir. And of course you'be already brought up Ishtar.

Others are often not directly responsible for one area or the other, but are still associated with them. Isis is a goddess of magic and fertility, but not war. Yet she gives birth to Horus, god of war, and the two are very often depicted as a pair.

In Ancient Greece, you have Aphrodite, goddesses of sex and love, and in a constant affair with Ares. Granted, there's no obvious relationship with magic, but there is an interesting coincidence with Freya. Freya got her magical belt Brisingr by fucking some ugly dwarves to Smith it for her. One of the thing lame and ugly Hephaestus forged for his wife, Aphrodite, was a magical belt. Both belts magically enhanced the wearer's beauty.

Furthermore you have Athena, goddess of War, but represented as a virgin goddess. Yet some of her oldest myths include her as mother of Cadmus, legendary founder of Thebes iirc. Of course, this is explained in myth by saying that Haphaestus tried to rape her, didn't quite get the job done, splooged and her leg, and when Athena wiped the splooge off onto the ground, there sprang up Cadmus.

It's important to remember here that not only do myths and dirties change over time, but also that different cities held different dirties and myths in different regard, and our myths from Ancient Greece come mainly from scholarly cities, such as Athens, and so will have their slant on things.

cont.
>>
File: Freud2.jpg (47KB, 450x641px) Image search: [Google]
Freud2.jpg
47KB, 450x641px
>>18378738
Do you hate your father? Did he touch you when you were a kid?
>>
>>18378762
What has a mother goddess cult to do with survival? You only need a brain and instinct, not some crazy mumbo jumbo to decide what to do.

Varg pls go.
>>
>>18378802

Thinkers in Ancient Greece often spoke of love as a disease, unless it was with little boys, as an affliction of the mind. There's a strong running theory that many dirties were either made impotent or else sanitized in order to push the ideas of the more scholarly cities. Ares is depicted as a childish fool and coward by Athenian myth, but from what we can tell he was, predictably, treated with much more respect in Sparta. Then take a look at other "virgin" goddesses, like Artemis. One of her oldest and most prevalent myths involves her partner Orion. The myth doesn't really address this with the virgin thing much except for to basically just say, "They were totes just friends tho." Almost as lazy as, "Nah, he just, like, came on her leg..."

Now, these Grecian goddesses lack much explicit connection to magic, but very few dirties passed down to us from Ancient Greece are consider to specifically represent the occult. Hecate, the most known goddess who is, was far from one of the 12 Olympians. I believe this may have more to do with the culture of Ancient Greece and the sanitizing of classical myth over the centuries. After all, the features we see magic explicitly performed in Greek myth, it is maligned as evil. See Circe and Medea are represented as wicked, and even Odysseus when he performs a rite to summon up the shade of Tiresias has his whole crew panic and pray fervently to the gods for protection/forgiveness.

Anyway, now I've gotten off point, but yeah, good topic, OP.
>>
File: 1479339016746.jpg (13KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1479339016746.jpg
13KB, 250x239px
>>18376364

How objective or biased are they? Last night I spent 3 hours watching his recent videos and I'll have a hard time whil reading the books because my brain will keep reminding those videos.
>>
>>18378844
>dirties=deities

I apologize for most shamefur phone posting.
>>
>>18378834
Read Joseph Campbell to answer this. He describes how early cultures sought meaning and imposed order on their world through myth.

Also, a book I've dipped into re. early goddess stuff is 'The Great Cosmic Mother' sorry can't recall the author. Haven't read all of it so don't tase me if you react, kids. But what I have read is interesting and recommended.
>>
>>18378853
Nope, I will forever after now worship dirties.
>>
>>18378861
>Joseph Campbell was an american mythologist
>american
Opinion discarded
>>
>>18378861
Then how come that China is an atheist society and it's more manly, uncucked, etc than the West?

Fuck religion of any kind
>>
We ignore and suppress the goddess at our peril.

Suppressed and unbalanced, she will rise and shake the overbearing masculine order to destruction with chaos and darkness.

Perhaps Kek and the chaos magic of the American elections is a manifestation of this. I don't know.

What we need is a return to Inanna. The feminists kick against the masculine order not because they are right, but because they sense the imbalance. Unfortunately, they are part of the imbalance with their preferences for order and light and sterility.

The Holy Feminine, the Yin, is dark, and scary, and bloody, and welcoming and comforting and nurturing all at the same time. Death and birth are two sides of the same coin.
>>
>goddess
Made up Wiccan bullshit gtfo

Nah, but a lot of this is probably PIE. The Greeks are PIE descendants, not part of what Gimbutas referred to as "Old Europe".
>>
>>18379222
>PIE
What kind of pie?
>>
>>18376901
Theres enough pixels here to play minecraft.
>>
>>18376364

Other than the fact that he's totally full of shit, he's a great source.
>>
>>18376278
It's pretty obvious, females give birth AKA life so of course primitive people were like woah that fertility shit cray lez fuck niggette
>>
sort of related, The Basque people were originally goddess-worshippers. But of course the european-christian mafia had to do away with all that nonsense
>>
>>18380397
^This.
Varg has a D&D playing metalfag's understanding of history, anthropology, and comparative religion.

For fucking real, I'm so sick of hearing a dude convicted of murder and church burning mewling about 'degeneracy' and 'civic society'.
>>
>>18381857
Ape, can you recomend any good book on the topic?
>>
>>18376364
>vorg vokornos
LARPing faggot
>>
I wouldn't say it spread from Britain to the Himalayas. I'd say it was more or less, the other way around.

I think you're overthinking this. It WAS before indo-europeans. Just take the Europeans off, keep the Indo.
>>
>>18377809
No, the decriptions of him im John's revelation, riding a white horse with a flaming sword coming out of his mouth, come to rid the world of evil once and for all, that makes him a god of war.
>>
>>18376364
Ice Nigger Theology 101 (According to Varg), By Varg Vikernes.

Not even once.
>>
>>18382045
sounds like a nuclear warhead.

white horse, big white flash. mouth = crater. sword of fire = the explosion itself
>>
>>18382040
That's exactly what the OP says.

Are you OK?
>>
>>18382107
OP's Greentext says...

>spread from the British Islands to almost the Himalayas

I said it was the other way around.
>>
Catholicism holds Mary sacred in a way that the later Protestant Reformation and its ensuing take on christianity doesn't. Having been brought up a Catholic this was news to me; Mary was always an integral and much respected part of the religion. I was surprised to see it doesn't happen to anywhere near the same degree in the protestant Church of England. But my priests and teachers were always keen to stress that Mary wasn't God in the sense that the Trinity (god, christ, holy spirit) are. They kept her firmly out of that level of worship. I believe this was a conscious strategy by the early christian church to provide an outlet for the more goddess-oriented leanings of the pre-christian Europeans, while keeping 'God' firmly male. Protestantism later decided it could more or less do away with any concessions to the divine feminine.
>>
>>18382045
So you conveniently forget that before Jesus appears after the tribulation, LITERAL WAR had ridden out as one of the four horsemen?
>>
Ump
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>18384947
Don't they are worshipers of Lilith.
>>
>>18384998
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Lilith-.jpg (26KB, 332x525px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith-.jpg
26KB, 332x525px
>>18386666
:)
>>
I was just reading about the goddess cults in Food of the Gods, you should give it a read if you haven't already
>>
>>18386709
Thanks
>>
i like imagining mythology as history that's been turned into literature so that it can be passed down through the aeons

what if pre-deluge humanity was matriarchal and worshipped the goddess? just thinking out loud
>>
>>18387934
Pre deluge humanity was Atlantean and they didn't worship anthropomorphised gods because their spirituality was beyond that

Source: my imagination
>>
>>18385129
/pol/ are worshipers of Baal.
>>
>>18388146
/pol/ are worshippers of the BBC
>>
>>18387938
Nice source, most of this board seems to use it aswell
>>
>>18376278
Gaay
>>
>>18388705
What does a news network have to do with all this?
>>
>>18376278
Athena is a bitch. Ares was here.
>>
>>18378803
Not any of those anons but you're faggot kill yourself
>>
>>18382904
That's why protestantism barely counts as a religion. It's basically Christianized Judaism (just a bunch of autistic rule following.)
>>
>>18378853

I know so much about you from this, you know?

Autocorrect can be turned off, and you use the word "dirties" in your life.

You should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>18379175

No you stupid fuck, liberal JEWISH socialist BULLSHIT is feminine.

Females are not fucking pretty and loving.

Get over it.
>>
>>18391639
Feminine is emotion. Feminine is chaos. Learn mythology and theology you uneducated loser.
>>
>>18391670

Feminine is ether, feminine is receptive.
>>
File: freya (3).jpg (873KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
freya (3).jpg
873KB, 900x1280px
>>18381887

I'll give you a few good ones you can start with.

Alice Karlssdottir, Norse Goddess Magic
Maria Kvilhaug, The Maiden with the Mead
Sharon Macleod, The Divine Feminine in Ancient Europe
Sandra Billington & Miranda Green, The Concept of the Goddess
Patricia Monaghan, The Encyclopedia of Goddesses and Heroines

That should keep you busy for a little while.
>>
>>18376278
>scandinavian seidr is considered a femenine practice and men who practice it considered homosexuals and so punished

Proof magic is for fags
>>
>>18378131
>Kali is not a goddess of war

You might want to look up Durga (an aspect of Kali).
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.