[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I AM THAT I AM I have never understood what this actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 19

File: yhwh.jpg (111KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
yhwh.jpg
111KB, 640x429px
>I AM THAT I AM

I have never understood what this actually means. Can anyone explain further?
>>
>>18375517
It is what it is.
>>
File: yhwh.jpg (167KB, 906x1364px) Image search: [Google]
yhwh.jpg
167KB, 906x1364px
>>18375530
Forgot pic.
>>
>>18375517
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona_Sutta

Consider: if one encountered a divine being, how would you know who the divine being was? "God" has many names in the bible. Questioning who the Divine is entails asking about its nature. To say that one is a Deva, Yahweh, Baphomet, or God is to ascribe characteristics on the manifestation of God. The truest answer is simply to state "I am that I am". A "normal" person would have otherwise given a name.
>>
Not Popeye
>>
The pre-translated text can also be translated as the infinitive version of "am," which is "to be." You could say that God IS the essence of "to be," he is being. He is "to exist," he is existence itself. In catholic school, I was taught >>18375538 alongside this.
>>
>>18375538
The book of the bible YHWH is from is usually called Exodus, but the original name of it is "The Book of Names." Everyone important and respectable in that book has a name, even the prostitutes and concubines are named. The pharoah is not, he is merely pharoah. In ancient near east belief, after you die, your name is partly, if not all, that remains of you. It's how people remember you; if they don't have a name to refer to you as, you, and your essence, is forgotten. I forget exactly how this was explained to me, but think about it. Mortals need names to live on forever, but this being does not need a name, it rejects a name and states it is what it is.
>>
I am he who Is.
>>
>>18375517

>>I AM THAT I AM
>I AM THAT: "I AM"
>>
>>
File: indeffffffffffffffffffffx.jpg (5KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
indeffffffffffffffffffffx.jpg
5KB, 290x174px
>>18375517

If I wasn't then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
Radio won't even play my jam
>>
Top ket.
>>
>>18375517
its a popeye reference.
>>
>>18375643

this
>>
>>18375517

Sure, I'll translate.

>We have hidden the name because most of the world belongs to satan :^)
>>
>>18375575
you mixed egyptian stuff and jewish stuff

egyptian the name matters. removing a name from the wall of kings was a symbol of destroying them

god in the bible doesnt ever give a proper name yhvh/yhwh (depending on version of bible) / iam / elohim /god . way back people used to use a gods name to commang them to do things. now days we pretend they begged for assistance but all historical records show humans demanding shit. if you know some ones name you were thought to have a level of power over them and this applies to gods. without a real name and only titles and odd nick names you cant force the god of the bible to do anything.

instead you are required to pledge your allegiance with a oath of fealty and you will allegedly gain some support though limited it is stated you are expected to have awareness of your surroundings and not tempt fate so he doesnt want to have to bust his ass to keep you alive just because you said you would work for him
>>
Judges 13:8 - Why do you ask for my name? It is beyond your understanding.

A name isn't just the phonetic sound you are called by, it encompasses everything that you are. That's why all we can really call him is something like "god" (who has power over you), "lord" the authority figure in charge, or "JHVH" (my god, in Hebrew).
>>
>>18375517
Think of it like you are confronted with an existence beyond belief and logic. Its so profound and inexplicable. There isn't really an explanation for what it is, or why it exists. All it can say is that it does exist. I am that. I am. I am that I am.
>>
File: 532168275.jpg (900KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
532168275.jpg
900KB, 1024x768px
2:15 Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian; and he sat down by a well. 16 Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters; and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs to water their father's flock.

2:17 And the shepherds came and drove them away; but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.

2:18 And when they came to Reuel their father, he said: 'How is it that ye are come so soon to-day?'

2:19 And they said: 'An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and moreover he drew water for us, and watered the flock.'

2:20 And he said unto his daughters: 'And where is he? Why is it that ye have left the man? call him, that he may eat bread.'

2:21 And Moses was content to dwell with the man; and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter.

2:22 And she bore a son, and he called his name Gershom; for he said: 'I have been a stranger in a strange land.' 23 And it came to pass in the course of those many days that the king of Egypt died; and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.

2:24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

2:25 And God saw the children of Israel, and God took cognizance of them.
>>
>>18375556

ag ag ag ag ag ag ag
>>
>>18375613
Ayyy lmao
>>
File: Burning-Bush.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Burning-Bush.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
3:1 Now Moses was keeping the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the farthest end of the wilderness, and came to the mountain of God, unto Horeb.

3:2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3:3 And Moses said: 'I will turn aside now, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.'

3:4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said: 'Moses, Moses.' And he said: 'Here am I.'

3:5 And He said: 'Draw not nigh hither; put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.'

3:6 Moreover He said: 'I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 7 And the Lord said: 'I have surely seen the affliction of My people that are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their pains;

3:8 and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Amorite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.

3:9 And now, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto Me; moreover I have seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

3:10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth My people the children of Israel out of Egypt.' 11 And Moses said unto God: 'Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?'
>>
>>18375517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpKachYTr-4
>>
File: img_0004.jpg (86KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
img_0004.jpg
86KB, 960x720px
3:12 And He said: 'Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be the token unto thee, that I have sent thee: when thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.'

3:13 And Moses said unto God: 'Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them: The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me: What is His name? what shall I say unto them?'

3:14 And God said unto Moses: 'I AM THAT I AM'; and He said: 'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.'

3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses: 'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: the Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this is My name for ever, and this is My memorial unto all generations. 16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them: the Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, hath appeared unto me, saying: I have surely remembered you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt.

3:17 And I have said: I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Amorite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.

3:18 And they shall hearken to thy voice. And thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him: the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, hath met with us. And now let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.
>>
File: th.jpg (20KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
20KB, 300x284px
What do yous thinks it means?
>>
IT EEZ WHAT IT EEZ YA'LL

AY YO HOL UP
>>
>>18375725
>That's why all we can really call him is something like "god" (who has power over you), "lord" the authority figure in charge, or "JHVH" (my god, in Hebrew).

Only because you don't know anything about the person besides his position.
>>
>>18375517
I'd translate it as "I, my incarnated (material) self, am the true and full expression, (the total manifestation) of my soul-being" or as "I am the manifestation of my greater 'I'"
>>
I think it means in other words "I am that feeling of being (I am), not my name or anything else, simply the I am feeling that witnesses all experience".
>>
>>18375517
Ehyeh ašer ehyeh, comprised of the letters Yod He Waw He, is the personal masculine possessive of "To be".
A better translation would be "I am He who Is".
>>
>>18375593
Perfect explanation. Not OP but this is easier to understand than the longer explanations.
>>
>>18375692
>mixed Egyptian stuff and Jewish stuff

I know you didnt mean to make me laugh, but you dod and I need it. Thank you. Havent even read the reat of the post, but that was golden.
>>
>>18375558
This
>>
I am this I am

You are this I am.

He is that I am

And he is all

Almighty Lord.
>>
>>18375517
According to Armstrong's "A History of God", that phrase comes from an idiom of the times. In those times, to say "they went where they went," for example, means "I have no idea where they went."

Basically "I am who I am" means "never mind who I am, mind your own business!"
>>
>>18375517
Be That by Which becomes Yourself.
Act in the way via which you will become who you are.
Be Which Becomes You, anon.

Be Which becomes You
>>
>>18376157
>comprised of the letters Yod He Waw He
No.

Aleph He Yod He - Aleph Shin Resh - Aleph He Yod He

Actually, YHVH roughly means "He who is" and is a third person derivative of AHYH, likely because if the Israelites had accepted AHYH as the name, anyone asking who their God is would receive the answer, "I am!"
>>
>>18376948
What Dr Seuss boom is this from?
>>
>>18375530
hey rob, enjoying life on earth yet?
>>
>>18375517

Yes.

God lives in the physical spacetime Singularity from which the Universe arose in the Big Bang event. This is also the same Singularity that exists in the core of every black hole. The singularity exists in many different places in space and time, but it's the same Singularity (hence the name).

Time ceases to exist at the speed of light (Tmoving = Trest * SQRT(1 - (v/c)^2), as v->c, Tmoving -> 0).

Where there is no time, there is no past or future, only the present (Now). Actually even in our human event, we only ever experience Now, because that's where relatively flat spacetime touches Eternity (the Singularity).

If Eternity is just an eternal "Now", then "was" and "will be" have no meaning (except in the context of time, which is like a trap of sorts).

If you live in "Now" then you can only speak of what you ARE, not what you were or will be, unless you're referring to temporal events (but not your absolute nature).

Therefore God says "I AM THAT I AM".

This is also why Jesus told the Sanhedrin "Even before Abraham was, I AM." Not even before Abraham was, I was. Because "was" is meaningless in Heaven.

Protip: The fact that the Singularity can be in many places at once is a type of multipresence, or limited demonstration of Omnipresence. God's Omnipresence is facilitated by events that occur at the Quantum Foam level.
>>
Basically.

>They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
>>
>>18375517
It's an expression of God's sovereignty, His self-sufficiency, and His Holiness.

In other words, God is so holy that the only thing that could properly be His name is a reference directly to Himself.
>>
File: 1477592094668.jpg (661KB, 958x775px) Image search: [Google]
1477592094668.jpg
661KB, 958x775px
you are that you are.
he is what he is.
aka I am what I am, likewise so are you.
aka I am not gonna tell you shit I'm going to hold back to control you and the situation.
you don't know who I am oh good , hey I need you to go steel an item from Egypt for me.
wake up fool you are a traitor to us all you have killed us all.
the truth is coming out.
>>
SAM I AM
I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM
>>
>>18375692
>god in the bible doesnt ever give a proper name yhvh/yhwh

God in the Bible givess the name YHWH directly in the book of Exodus or Names. Every time the word LORD is capitalized in your english translation, it represents the name YHWH in the original manuscripts. Rabbis replaced it with placeholders like adonai or lord out of "respect," in effect making sure that nobody else ever call upon the name of God. Here's the whole verse in chapter three, verses13-15...

"Then moses said to God, "if I come to the people of Israel and say to them, 'the God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'what is His name?' What shall I say to them? God said to Moses "I AM WHO I AM (ehyeh asher ehyeh)." And he said, "say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you. '" God also said to Moses, "say this to the people of Israel, 'YHWH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, and thus am I to be remembered throughout all generations."
>>
File: 1479427230386.jpg (203KB, 995x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479427230386.jpg
203KB, 995x1000px
>>18375517
thats actually not what that means. a better translation is causes to become or i choose to be what i choose to be. basically it means that god would be whatever he needed to be for any situation.
>>
>>18376125
Really, that's how you in your deep understanding of the hebrew language would translate His name?
>>
Everyone in this thread is explaining it as if it were
>i am WHAT i am

But it was translated as "i am THAT i am" which makes 0 sense.
>>
>>18377704
Simply put, I exist because I do.
>>
>>18376125
That's an awesome job anon. Yes, that exactly: "my current, everlasting existence is the manifestation of my true, transcendent self."
>>
>>18377434
maybe they were telling the truth
>>
To me the statement "I AM" means a lot.

Firstly being always implies that you are experiencing something. By experiencing you are also creating by how you percieve it. So being always means you are creating.

Then the fact that you are implies that you are part of all that is. You are part of the concsiousness that reality is made of. The fabric of our reality in itself is made out of consciosness.

And that to me also implies that you are part of god. God is basically the concsiousness that you could call the source of creation. The mystery of being can be explained that all things only exist because of this source consciousness exist and through that created it all because it can percieve. This part is hard to convey.

There's nothing that exists that cannot state "I AM" so by stating "I AM" you are also stating you are part of all that is and part of this source concsiousness. You could say you're an extension of the source, at least as a human. You really are just completly integrated in this source, it is simply veiled during the human experience. At least in humanities current state it is veiled for most people.
>>
File: 1480416272515.jpg (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480416272515.jpg
8KB, 320x320px
Before I was really knowledgeable on anything religious or occult I had a dream

>in a mansion
>semi lucid dream
>go to room with a bunch of girls
>they start chasing me, I run to the top of the main hall staircase onto a platform
> a girl comes around the corner and asks who I am
> I say Je Suis
>wake up
>sleep paralysis
>see blue electricity and hear static and American horror story intro sounds
>a loud booming voice says " your ignorance will give your brother away"

I learned French when I was 10 ans had the dream at 21??? Weird af, I looked up what I Am was from the day after and was like woah
>>
>>18377682

It's just my esoteric interpretation of 'I am what I am'. Not a hebrew or cabalistic reference.
>>
>>18377704
I am "that" I am is, I believe, the old form and I am "what" I am, is the modern-day form but I believe they mean the same.
>>
>>18377674

How do you pronounce YHWH?
>>
>>18377047
I am not an alien so don't ask, now go do my biding silly human. (cough) Not Lucifer (cough)
>>
>>18378654
Jehovah
>>
http://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/I-Am-Unborn-Talks-with-Sri-Nisargadatta-Maharaj.pdf

http://advaita.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/1-I-Am-That-Nisargadatta-Maharaj-Resumo.pdf

I am that I am - points to the non dual experience.
>>
yahweh
>>
File: happy cat.jpg (3KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
happy cat.jpg
3KB, 111x125px
I like this thread.

This is a good thread, straight up history and philosophical discussion instead of shitposting.

>inb4 nothing but shitposting below me.
>>
>>18375517

It's simple.

Moses asked him his name. He said, "I am who I am". As if to say he didn't need a name. (the work of Elohist scribes)

Then he pulls a full 360 and gives Moses his name. (the work of Jahwist scribes)
>>
>>18375750
fuck me, the torah is better then the bible in every way
>>
>>18378654

To most of the Jews, the pronunciation was lost. However the Samaritan Jews who believe in only the Torah have kept on pronouncing it all these centuries. That is where all the scholars got Yahweh from. But the Samaritans pronounce it more like, "Yahveh". There is no w in the Hebrew languages. It's vav - v.

In Kabbalah, there is a name Havayah. Causing some to pronounce the Tetr. as Yahavah.

Jehovah came about by placing the vowels from Adonai in between the four letters. AdOnAi = JHVH = JAhOvAh. Later Jehovah. This is the traditional agreed-upon original English translation of the name. But it is a faulty one.

Personally, I say it as either Yahveh, or YaHldaVaoteH.
>>
>>18377674

Could the Hebrew characters you represented as ehyeh ( I AM) also be written as EHEI? Some black metal lyrics I was reading used that and I thought that it would make sense since this was the closest Hebrew word I found but I saw no other sources writing it as EHEI
>>
>>18375517
I am not I AM,
I am: "you"(I AM)
You(I AM): I AM, that I AM.

The 'you' is to yourself/your 'I AM'.
>>
>>18378360
>>18378360
I had an experience once after a lucid OBE where I could (for about two days afterwards) feel God's presence, his consciousness near everything. It was just like you say. He is experiencing everything as we do, but I'd veiling the experience so it seems we have consciousness, life, and perception on our own.
>>
>>18378959
Well, you do have a concsiousness of your own in a sense, you have free will. You wouldn't be able to create if you didn't have free will. If you didn't have free will to create everything you created would have to be preset and then you wouldn't be able to create anything. I hope you get what I'm saying

I think the question is, how can you have free will and yet be part of "god"? Well, I'd explain it by saying that each of decisions will cause all other parts to adjust to them in their own kinda way. So each part has an effect on the whole just as the whole does have an effect on the whole.

It may sound strange but I feel this connection too, but for me it is not some huge being that is watching me or something. It is nothing that is apart from me. God is just like you me, at least the core of his concsiousness. He's concsious just as we are, we just have this veil here as humans. The few moments where I was able to breach through the veil because of experiences that triggered enermous emotions I have felt a joy and "love" that is beyond everything I can describe. The word "love" how it's used these days seems silly to name this feeling. It wasn't any sort of human concept of love. It was absolute in all senes. Nothing could stop it and it had a intensity of joy and passion that is beyond everything. I think a lot of people have this idea that love is always wishy washy, and this stops a lot of people to get in touch with the actual love of god.

Also, you get a grasp of this passion when you are in service. By that I mean when you serve humanity, wich is the purpose of our existence. Why else would we keep coming back to a planet full of suffering? Because we chose to take the suffering to create a better reality with our life and even more so with our consciousness, knowing all the potentials our life could take. Even if it meant we could get killed terribly. This is the sort of passion I am talking about, it is truly a divine fervour.
>>
There are not certainties about the meaning of the "Yahweh", every scholar have a different hypothesis, but none was proven right.
Anyway "Yahweh" or "YHWH" is Mentioned in some Ugaritic tables, as the youngest son of an elder god called "El Shaddai", a name that in the old testament is a synonimous of Yahweh itself.
In These tables, that are more ancient than the Old Testament, every synonimous That Identifies the biblical God is the name of a separate character, and some of them are sons of this "El Shaddai", and Yahweh is the youngest, the one whom his father given the control over a desert tribe, the family of Isaac, aka Israel
>>
>>18378807
t. schizophrenic
>>
File: 1479153829829.png (586KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
1479153829829.png
586KB, 637x510px
history , HAH as if the bible is not a massive shit post !
never have I seen a book full of so much vile and blatant hate towards humans and yet you all love it.
your fucking retarded its a meaningless statement.
its from a commander on a spaceship communicating with a new found planet he intends to take over open your fucking eyes you retards and fucking wake the fuck up these are the words of a traitor that will be what suits them to manipulate you into death.
fucking traitors.
>>
>>18377536
>the same singularity that exists in the core of every black hole
Hwut
>>
>>18375517
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
>>
You can't understand I am that I am until you'ved meditated on the mantra 'so hum'

on the in breath, think soooooo, on the outbreath ... hummmmm

do that for 20 minutes everyday for a week and you can begin to understand.

i recommend following the rhythm of the wise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl4M_PusR2Y&index=16&list=FLLcVKGCpY3QmH0ESZuzXkXQ&t=1496s
>>
>>18375517
Maybe someone was going to write something longer, but stopped and quit right there.
>>
File: Bleach Ch. 673 p.018.png (132KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Bleach Ch. 673 p.018.png
132KB, 900x1300px
>>18375517
>I AM THAT I AM
Literally "I'm me" and everything that makes me up/all of my qualities are also me. I am nothing except everything that makes up me.
>>
>>18375517
His true name is none of our business. We all know how powerful "I am what I am" can be, like the name of Jesus, can be very powerful, and in old testament times simply saying God/Jehovah/YHWH especially in a futile context could get you stoned. Imagine the power one would have knowing the true name of God. Actually no, it may be just as dangerous as being in the full presence of God, where if you are not prepared you would drop dead.
>>
>>18380400
We already know the true name of God.

[spoiler] It's Robbie Rotten. [/spoiler]
>>
>>18375517
Its a form of ownership in a world of entities that made themselves up to be what they said they where. At the very moment of realization IE the first, then it became - and so will be for all those under what became for it will transform into something new - a never ending cycle of the same thing perceived differently.
>>
>>18375530
Fpbp

>all is well
>>
File: images.jpg (51KB, 327x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
51KB, 327x450px
>>18375517
>>18375530
Pic related maybe
>>
>>18375517

It's an ancient hebrew contraction for the following:

"I am a thorough authoritarian arsehole of a deity, and you are going to obey my every wish; if you're not OK with this well tough shit for you and your kind"

Fuck this monster and its followers
>>
>>18382890

>tips fedora
>>
>>18382890
Your daddy must have ass fucked you something awful.
>>
http://blog.talkingphilosophy.com/?p=7263
>>
File: kek.jpg (8KB, 236x261px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
8KB, 236x261px
>>18382313
>>
>>18382890
Euphoria, edge, fedora, etc.
>>
>>18375613
>>>18375517 (OP)
>If I wasn't then why would I say I am?
>In the paper, the news everyday I am
>Radio won't even play my jam

/thread
>>
>>Radio won't even play my jam
>Kanye West: "radio fuck you" rant on his concert

Oh now I get it
>>
>>18377536

This guy gets it.
>>
the same as الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ
Al-Hayy ul-Qayyoom - “The Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists", has confirmed two of His great names.
Al-Hayy - The Ever-Living is He who has a continuous life with no beginning or end. Allah is ascribed with a life that is self-sustaining. It has no external source, unlike the lives of creatures that have been granted to them by the Creator. As He was, together with His attributes, before all else, so shall He remain throughout endless time.
Al-Qayyoom - The One Who sustains and protects all that exists. It is He who sustains the lives of creation and manages all the conditions of the universe. He oversees everything: provides for it, preserves it, watches over it, manages it in the way and for the purpose that He pleases.
>>
>>18384121
Important distinction there between transient life and eternal life, his name does stand in contrast to our temporary life. "He who was, and is, and is to come," the eternal, self-existent God.

In Christianity there's a difference between bios (natural life) and Zoe (God's own life). We have bios; Jesus grants Zoe. But this is mentioned in Genesis also, God gave Adam some measure of Zoe through the tree of life in the garden.

In Islam, does man ever gain any of God's eternal life? Was it given in the garden?
>>
>>18377536

>God lives in the physical spacetime Singularity from which the Universe arose in the Big Bang event. This is also the same Singularity that exists in the core of every black hole. The singularity exists in many different places in space and time, but it's the same Singularity (hence the name).

You're an idiot.
>>
>>18375517

"By His humanity, Christ touched humanity; by His divinity, He lays hold upon the throne of God. As the Son of man, He gave us an example of obedience; as the Son of God, He gives us power to obey. It was Christ who from the bush on Mount Horeb spoke to Moses saying, "I AM THAT I AM.... Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Exodus 3:14. This was the pledge of Israel’s deliverance. So when He came "in the likeness of men," He declared Himself the I AM. The Child of Bethlehem, the meek and lowly Saviour, is God "manifest in the flesh."
>>
File: 1471299029063.jpg (503KB, 1200x881px) Image search: [Google]
1471299029063.jpg
503KB, 1200x881px
I think, therefore I AM.
>>
>>18378725
where does "YaHldaVaoteH" come from? Yaldabaoth?
>>
File: 202191_014.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
202191_014.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>18375530
deep
>>
i am

that

i am!

love it!

where can i find more?
>>
File: Oscar Gamble.jpg (14KB, 350x241px) Image search: [Google]
Oscar Gamble.jpg
14KB, 350x241px
>>18375517
>>18375530
They don't think it will be like they do, but it do.
>>
It means that who and what you are doesn't matter. You exist, so go do something with your existence.
>>
>>18375643
No, that's I YAM WHAT I YAM.
>>
>>18379273
So not only are the Beatles bigger than Jesus, they're bigger than his dad.
>>
This is the name of the God of the Hebrews: Jehovah
>>
>>18377442
Life is exquisite.
>>
>>18378675
t. Cultist
>>
Summoning WARRIOR OF SUNLIGHT to your world...
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.