[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my depression completely disappear after I lucid dream?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: lucid dreaming.jpg (54KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
lucid dreaming.jpg
54KB, 500x334px
Why does my depression completely disappear after I lucid dream?

I'm getting really good at that shit btw
>>
Dunno but we're glad to hear it. Depression is a bitch, keep on lucid dreamin my dude!
>>
I want to lucid dream but I can't even remember my dreams :(
>>
Because you're just sad, not really depressed.
>>
>>18375596

You need to start writing down whatever you can remember each day, even if its only small chunks of garbled nonsense. Lucid dreaming is achievable by most and the more it happens, the more regularly and more effectively you can do it.

I wake up in the early hours (often due to stress/worry) and lie awake for ages until I eventually fall back to sleep. I seamlessly transition from waking to dream world via the sensation of floating out of my body, the classic method.

Its an incredible experience. I recommend anyone try their best to make it happen
>>
>>18375747
Not doubting, but why does everyone mention writing down dreams? I remember mine, I have a certain amount of what seems like unconscious control in the dreams, like making good decisions, but I've never been awake-conscious in a dream. Why would writing help?
>>
Because you weren't depressed to begin with. Depression is a prolonged state, it's not intermittent. As a matter of fact, how long these feelings last for is part of the diagnosis.
>>
>>18376225
Because of the dreams you remember, there are probably as many that you forget within 10 or 20 minutes, sometimes it is gone within 10 seconds. Sometimes you dream, and only realize after that you were dreaming. If you don't make an effort to engage the awareness of the dream, it will slip away with you not even knowing it was ever there.
>>
What is the secret recipe to getting lucid dreams? I have never had a dream that I've been 100% control of because once I realize I'm dreaming I wake up
>>
File: pyramid_rainow_kek.png (42KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid_rainow_kek.png
42KB, 960x886px
>>18375501
Because depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in your BRAIN. You are NOT your brain. It is only your meat computer and physical plane interface device.

When you lucid dream your spirit starts to wake up and your brain problems become irrelevant.
>>
How do you do it, OP? I've been trying the WILD technique, but I'm not getting any luck. Is there no way to without the "wake up five hours later" deal?
>>
>>18375501
When you are dreaming you don't have the same mental barriers that you do when you are awake.

Pro-tip: You can feel like that all the time and cure your own depression
>the answer is ALWAYS more meditation
>>
File: 1479341858418.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479341858418.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
>>18378111
>111
>>
>>18376291
take vitamin b6, that seems to help.
>>
>>18376291
melatonin pills.
>>
>>18378218
To add to this melatonin only works if youre perfectly consistent with it. You have to be on it for a few weeks before it will even work and its best of you go to sleep at roughly the same time every night, wake up at the same time every day, and dont do distracting things in bed like play on your phone.
Actually that last rule is a great one to follow in general. Doing things in bed other than sleeping will cause your brain to start associating those things and make it really fucking hard to sleep.
>>
>>18378251

>Doing things in bed other than sleeping will cause your brain to start associating those things and make it really fucking hard to sleep.

Is there actually evidence of this? If you consider our evolutionary heritage, we've been sleeping rough as homo sapiens much longer than we've been using beds. Seems like a lousy adaptation to tie associations to sleeping space for a creature like that.
>>
>>18378268

Oh and to be on topic: If you want to get straight into lucid dreams tomorrow night, just take a large amount of vitamin B6, or pyridoxine. Look for B complex vitamins, probably mega B complex or such, and check that B6 is measured in milligrams and not micrograms (should read mg, not mcg or any foreign characters).

I first tried this at 300mg and had the most vivid dream I'd experienced in years, with enormous recall. But even at 100mg I've experienced the effects.

Mega doses of certain vitamins have been demonstrated to cause serious effects on peoples' health, so understand that what I'm suggesting here is not necessarily safe. Unfortunately I don't have enough experience in the appropriate fields to accurately judge the risk of taking these sorts of complex vitamins in large doses.
>>
File: l_67.jpg (70KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
l_67.jpg
70KB, 450x700px
>>18378268
>been sleeping rough as homo

No one doubts you on that anon.
>>
>>18378281

I'll have you know, the homos I've met in my time have been anything but rough.
>>
>>18376291
>>18378146

OP here

For me, I used to have rare and spontaneous semi-lucid dreams. After achieving my first ever fully lucid experience a couple of months ago, I have now basically trained myself to have them when the circumstances are right.

Its always the same procedure.

Wake early hours and lie awake for at least an hour, preferably more

As I begin to lose consciousness, ringing sound in my ears and bodily paralysis kicks in. This always used to induce panic but now I can comfortably allow it to happen

Feel myself floating out of my bed, climbing the walls or floating out of the window

Keep myself calm and allow dream to materialise

Do a reality check when the dream begins (look at the back of my hands which often appear distorted in dreams) This intensifies lucidity and keeps everything steady

There is loads of information on the net. Basically, WILD for an instant transition into a dream and reality checking to acheive full lucidity. I would recommend taking advantage of any spontaneous waking in the early hours when you can't get back to sleep. Failing that, try setting an alarm but you must wait until you naturally fall asleep again. Reality checking is essential. Once it has happened in a dream you will never forget to do it again. Meditation and sheer practice and an interest in the subject of LD'ing will help to keep you calm in dreams and prolong their duration and the amount of control you have over them. I'm 34 and only recently started to crack this shit, pretty much intuitively and through trial and error.

On the subject of writing dreams down, it is essential to remember things as clearly as you can. You will be amazed how quickly you spot recurring themes in dreams that you hadn't noticed before. Its also good to make notes on how the dream occurred and progressed to help you fine tune your technique

Once you've had your first truly lucid experience, you will be changed forever. Its incredible.
>>
After posting the question above about why do people write down dreams, I had a dream last night. I was in a plain office-type room, sitting at a desk, a woman with a clipboard placed a device on the desk. It was a small circular dome, just a little smaler than the palm of my hand, for me to place my hand on. As I did this it started vibrating, the vibration effect went through me and I started vibrating. As the vibration peaked I started moving towards the far wall as if gliding along, faster until I passed through the wall into another realm. I have only the vaguest sense of what it was like in there, until I was back in the room and woke up. At no point was I lucid in the dream, but I have heard of pepole talking about a vibration technique for LD (or is it astral projection?) So I thought it was a bit of a coincidence that I post here then have a dream like that. I'll play with it tonight in bed (no, that sounded wrong) and report back tomorrow.
>>
>>18378304
now we talking
>>
>>18375501
perhaps you are useing your dreams as an escape from depression - which makes sense at to "Why does my depression completely disappear after I lucid dream?"... depression comes from not having shit to do... you are entertained and questioning this new "ability" "lucid dreaming" and its giving you new insights - aka allowing you to think about something other than your depression... you will wake up one day and realize the depression you suffer is nothing but boredom and you maybe even be sadder than you were to begin with because you will realize the depression was made up and you believed it... and all it did was waste your time.. so wake the fuck up and do something productive.. depression is a state of mind that turns off when you say "IM NOT DEPRESSED" - and you believe it of course.. so say it untill you believe it
>>
>>18380675
>depression is a state of mind that turns off when you say "IM NOT DEPRESSED"
The stupidity is strong in this one.

>>18378799
Well I tried it but didn't get anything as strong as in the dream. I got a mild vibration going and felt a little 'lift' in my sense of where I was in my body, like lifting up out of it very slightly. While there I got a sense of 'the other side' and saw a being, basically humanoid. I don't know why the thought arose, but I asked, 'how will I found you again' and received the reply, 'if you've found us, we will find you again', which was reassuring. Maybe it was tiredness or it just takes more practice. I'll try again tonight. I guess this comes more under the heading of astral projection than lucid dreaming.
>>
When I lucid dream, I tend to dream about my dead fiance who died 3 years ago. It's nothing creepy or nightmarish of the sort but honestly a pleasant time. What I find strange (hopefully someone can explain this) is that she and I will always have conversations (about current/ongoing topics) that seem to last for hours.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.