[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have anything that would lead you to believe in colossal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1422598280066.jpg (35KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1422598280066.jpg
35KB, 650x366px
Do you have anything that would lead you to believe in colossal undersea creatures?
>>
http://4chandata.org/x/I-was-a-commercial-diver-for-an-oil-and-gas-company-in-the-1990s--a164294
>>
>>18374459

This was easily the most stimulating thread ever posted on /x/. Period.
>>
>>18374444
>Do you have anything that would lead you to believe in colossal undersea creatures?
The existence of whales is pretty well documented
>>
Weird fetishes.
Plus photographs of giant squids and large juvenile Bigfin squids.
And deep-sea gigantism.
And the fact that only a small portion of the oceans have been explored.
>>
>>18374901
>http://4chandata.org/x/I-was-a-commercial-diver-for-an-oil-and-gas-company-in-the-1990s--a164294

Well Memed
>>
>>18374444
Is this a screenshot from subnautica?
>>
>>18374469
dude yeah that op had such a smoothe way of talking.
>>
>>18374459
is there a link w/ pictures?
>>
>>18375005
plz i need a bedtime story
>>
Lovecraft was warning us
>>
Since SCPs tend to be real, it makes sense that there's a lot of weird shit going on in the deep.
>>
File: blue whale.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
blue whale.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>18374444
>>
File: lipl2.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lipl2.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>18375005
Don't think so but if you're looking for the picture that he said looks almost exactly like the shark thing he saw, it's this
>>
File: 1-waterrichgem.jpg (714KB, 3188x1696px) Image search: [Google]
1-waterrichgem.jpg
714KB, 3188x1696px
>>18374444
Under the Earths crust are huge deep seas which are slightly connected by deep caves to our surface seas. These under-crust seas are under such high pressure, whatever lives there has to be huge (if life does live there).

http://www.livescience.com/1312-huge-ocean-discovered-earth.html
>>
>inb4 the Bloop
>>
>>18376374
It would have to be a water-breather, though, no air-breather could survive down there. Maybe that's where the Kraken lives?
>>
>>18376378
Thought that had been explained anyway?
>>
>>18374444
Something big has to have a lot of food. For a species to evolve to be massive its species has to have a lot of food for a long time. I don't know of any area of the sea that's so saturated with food.

It's just not likely that things would evolve to be beyond a certain size, they become too inefficient with energy.
>>
>>18376846
Not saying that it wasn't an icequake, but people have clung to flimsier rationalizations than this.
>>
>>18376374

What is the oxygen content like there? That would be an important factor, anarobic organism are pretty small.
>>
>>18375005
no because that thread is a pile of bullshit that anyone could've made up.
>>
>>18378573
Nice bump. I guess anyone that had done a lot of research on deep diving then went on to role play like a faggot about it until he was able to talk about it in such a relaxed, authentic experienced tone. Seems more likely to me the guy was legit though.
>>
>>18374459
>he says max on regular air is 1800 feet
>someone corrects him to 180 feet
>haha nope i meant 1800 feet
> world record is 1700-odd, was special exercise not routine commercial dive

>he says 2300 feet is the 'neurological limit'
>it's actually just the limit of hard-suit diving equipment, hardsuits don't pressurize the body so there's no nitrogen narcosis

folks when you go to type up your (You)-farming story, try not to have it get BTFO by 3 minutes looking at a Wikipedia page.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.