[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Prussian kissing devil real or bull? Do you believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20161127_200828.jpg (262KB, 2281x2584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161127_200828.jpg
262KB, 2281x2584px
Is the Prussian kissing devil real or bull? Do you believe it can grant wishes?
>>
No. it's artistic garbage with tons of silly-billy believers
>>
>>18373411
He looks so happy.
>>
>>18373411
Well there's only one way to know for sure. Go find a Prussian devil skull and kiss it. Make sure to give it a good kiss. A French kiss will do. And post your results.
>>
it's realer than gitem and walts relationship
>>
File: ama-012_1z.jpg (108KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ama-012_1z.jpg
108KB, 900x1200px
CANT SEE ANYTHING INTENSIFIES
>>
>>18375150
have fun at the hospital
>>
File: pkd.png (2MB, 1432x1173px) Image search: [Google]
pkd.png
2MB, 1432x1173px
>>18373411
I'm a skeptic ant but I do think the skull can be traced somewhere given the right knowledge.

Here's another angle of it.
>>
File: pkd2.png (3MB, 1609x1594px) Image search: [Google]
pkd2.png
3MB, 1609x1594px
>>18375316
>>
>>18373411
Nice, fellow ants on 4chan!
>>
File: pkd and the baron.png (3MB, 1613x1584px) Image search: [Google]
pkd and the baron.png
3MB, 1613x1584px
>>18375324
Last angle I got. Surely somebody recognizes some of these generic symbols.
>>
>>18373411
Can you tell us the legend?
>>
>>18375387
yes
>>
>>18375515
tell the legend then
>>
>>18375523 not him but I'll summarize it down to the bare bones
>>18375387
The story started on the podcast "Tell 'Em Steve Dave". About once a month, they dedicate a podcast to paranormal and conspiracy theories. In the most recent episode "#313: 4th and Down", Brian "Q" Quinn talks about he was driving to his parents' house for Thanksgiving when he passes by an antique shop that for some reason was open that day. He drives past it but something about it makes him turn back and check it out. Q walks in, sees an old man running the place and there's a display with the skull there with several taped up $5 bills next to it. The old man tells Q about how the skull is real and that it comes from a woman in old Prussia who slept with the devil and gave birth to a deformed child. The child was left to die in the forest but lived somehow. The child later on came to cause mayhem and kill villagers and would mark them with a kiss. Yadayada. Apparently if you give $5 to the skull, you gain some clarity or your wish comes true or some bullshit. Q had been dealing with some emotional problems for a while and that night he gained a moment of clarity and attributed it to the skull. He went back the next day only to discover the man had allegedly died the previous day and the son was running the shop. Q managed to convince the son to buy the skull for $650 even though it had always had a "not for sale" sign. Now Q possesses the skull and our little group on the TESD podcast is wondering the legitimacy of it all and calling Q out on it or wondering what sort of rules/curses are attached to it if you fuck with the skull.

If you want to listen to Q himself about it, here's a link to about where it starts.
https://soundcloud.com/tesdpodcast/stevedave-313#t=25:30
>>
>>18375548
Why $5?
>>
>>18375573
Because that's what the old man asked for. Most people wouldn't give $10 just for a urban myth they've never heard of and he probably thought $1 was too low when he can more out of it. That's just my guess though.

One of the guys, "Git Em", tried to give Q $5 to test it out. Later on when they compared other stories, he pretty much called Q's story a sham. Q got "upset" and revoked his $5 donation and so now all the listeners are expecting something bad to happen to Git Em who is already sort of universally hated on the show.
>>
Good retelling of the story.
>>
>>18375548
>the skull is real
The teeth are obviously carved into the main substrate, so this part is bullshit. I assume the rest of the legend is of equal "validity."

But it's a cool story for a curio.
>>
>>18376405
Agreed on all points. I've been trying to look for skulls of similar design and have yet to find any of similar craftsmanship.

The "legend" of the skull and how it was obtained make for a great conversation piece though. Kudos to the artist.
>>
>>18375324
>>18375316
It's a bit of a stretch, but I think that this is a non-Tibetan variant of a kapala skull, possibly due to the skull band around the head. I don't think that the top of the skull can be removed and be used as a cup however (at least it wasn't mentioned in the podcast). I'll keep searching.
>>
>>18376483
https://www.britannica.com/topic/kapala

The skull cup is often a handsomely worked object and rests on a triangular pedestal representing a sacrificial fire with skulls. The cup is mounted in metal, usually heavily embossed silver or gilt bronze, and topped with a lid shaped like half a skull, with a vajra- (“thunderbolt-”) shaped handle.

>triangular pedestal
>gilt bronze

Maybe.
>>
>>18376388
Truth.
>>
>>18375324
looks like intricate designs rather than any symbols I have on record
>>
>>18376499
You pretty much just described the OP.
>>
>>18376405
That's the death mask that's layed over the skull. I have multiple skull fragments and skull caps, the color of the bone seems very consistent with the items I owm.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.