[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you ever been woken up by a high pitched piercing squeal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: happyyoshihead.png (44KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
happyyoshihead.png
44KB, 200x200px
have you ever been woken up by a high pitched piercing squeal seemingly coming from inside of your head?

feel like you are trying to swallow a ping pong ball? feel like you might be dying and this is it, this is the end?

whats wrong with ya?
>>
>>18370787
I woke up when i was about to fall asleep and instead of fading to black i started feeling white, and instead of a noise like that i heard an annoying clarinet trying to freestyle with no success.
>>
>>18370803
i get white flashes in my head accompanied by a screech when im on the brink of sleep sometimes. several times per year.
>>
File: paranoia.jpg (59KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
paranoia.jpg
59KB, 640x448px
Acute hypochondrial paranoia with signs of malignant hysteria and a side of and delusional parasitosis.
>>
>>18370787
Exploding head syndrome
>>
It's lupus
>>
File: 1460469986006.png (92KB, 503x257px) Image search: [Google]
1460469986006.png
92KB, 503x257px
>>18370820
>>18370822
>>18370826
faggotism
>>
Some nights i feel like everything is too 'big' to fall asleep. I don't know how else to explain it. I just feel like everything is physically too big and i can't mentally process it. Does anyone know what im talking about?
>>
>>18370934
Reminds me of my prison days
>>
>>18370822
How is anyone supposed to take this disease seriously with a name like that?
>>
tinnitus dude,
briefly thought it was externally generated,
like EMF or what not, was extremely distressing for a period laying in bed, loud roaring sound.

But no, it's no such thing,
it's just the result of brain activity from years of hearing damage. which I suppose is a relief.

I think it was attached to a lot of generalized anxiety/panic attacks which often have a physiological/fear of death/fear of generalized other/fear of future/shortness of breath/insomnia etc.

you get use to it, it's mostly innocuous.
>>
>>18370787
Sleep apnea
>>
>>18370822
Ive had this for years. Sometimes it happens a few times a night, more often when I'm stressed. Basically I awake screaming out loud because I hear something that sounds like a huge explosion, bombs falling outside or something and I awake in a panic.
>>
>>18370822
>>18371233
Bunk. These are self-described people who think they know the ins and outs of the human body already so when something they can't explain happens it must be a disease/paranormal. If you're hearing ringing when you're lying in bed its your blood sugar.
>>
>>18371907
I don't think it's that. It's seismic waves from alien ships interfering in the electrical elements of the brain.
>>
>>18371920
You should get some mylar insulation, its pretty useful.
>>
>>18370934
I get this feeling. It makes me feel detached from reality and scared. I think about massive stars and huge numbers, its a weird feeling that I can't control, it just happens.

I also have exploding head syndrome. As I'm about to fall asleep I hear sounds like metal clanging together, incredibly loudly inside my head. It jolts me awake again, sometimes coupled with the feeling of falling.
It gets more frequent if I'm very tired or have drunk a lot of caffeine.
>>
File: 1477792258588.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477792258588.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>18370787
>exploding head syndrome
>paranormal
Yeah, and getting up fast makes your mind jump into another dimension for a moment
>>
anxiety disorder
>>
>>18370787
those are symptoms of spiritual awakening. Look for symptoms of intense itching on the crown and root chakras. Look for synchronicities and other unusual events.
I would try meditation as a next step.
>>
>>18371387
Most people have this. It just a phenomena, not really a disease. It happens to me when I'm really tired in a social situation, like at work, where I'm super sleepy but then I get woken up by a huge bang that comes from nowhere.
>>
It's called sleep paralysis. Done
>>
>>18370787
Funny thing happened to me when I was just crossing over into sleep...I heard that high pitch whining sound like the old tv's made when you turned them on and saw a BLUE SCREEN like on your comp but with nothing on it, for a second at most....totally woke me up and I was wondering what in the hell? Like I glitched the Matrix for real. Holy shit made me really wonder.
>>
>>18374720
'spiritual awakening' = manic/psychotic episode
>>
>>18370787
I wake up sometimes to a large screeching noise and its sometimes paired with sleep paralysis. However this only happens if i jacked off before sleeping.
>>
>>18374744
What if that could be true? Would it not perhaps say something about the nature of that thing called

>the "manic/psychotic" episode?
>>
>>18371907

Exploding head syndrome is nothing paranormal you dumb fuck. It's a well documented sleep disorder.
>>
>>18375231
Ringing in your ears and seeing stars when you stand up is not exploding head syndrome.
>>
>>18375231
modern sciences have an explanation for everything, more often than not that explanation is full of shit but the goal isn't as much to inform the public with reliable information than to brainwash us, so in most cases it is mission accomplished.
This is the reason why so many people still use homeopathic drugs but fail to realize the only active principle behind is one and the same with the placebo effect. Instead they are lied to constantly into believing in bullcrap science-fiction like water memory or that kind of shit.
All this to say, there is a well documentation for everything, there was a funded study for all kind of crap but their usefulness is a different story.
>>
>>18370820
Lmao anon, realize these people may be hypochondriacs and try to scare them with medical terms? This happens to me and it's no big deal, It's simply hypnagogic halluciantions. Half awake half asleep
>>
>>18370934
Holy fuck this is what I've been experiencing for years
>>
>>18370787
> finish random shit I've been doing
> want to fall asleep/ready to sleep
> close lights,get comfy in bed
> randomly hear what seems to be a medium,high distorted/bitcrashed AHH
> shit bricks
>>
File: 1478837963883m.jpg (194KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478837963883m.jpg
194KB, 768x1024px
Sometimes when im about to fall asleep i suddenly wake up because i feel like im falling, anyone else experienced this
>>
>>18370934
Sometimes I feel like everything is literally stretching away from me making me feel really small and distant. All I can focus on is how far away everything seems but if I open my eyes the feeling disappears
>>
>>18370872
He's not bullshitting I've had the same thing happen to me before

>be me
>14 year old boy sound asleep
>wakeywakey.mp3
>suddenly I hear a loud ass metallic KLANG
>loudest thing I've ever heard
>simultaneously the intense but somehow not painful feeling of a girder inside my skull consumes me
>shot up from my slumber wondering what the fuck just happened
>sat there for about 10 minutes and couldn't get the image of a bluish metal ball out of my head
>went back to sleep
A story I won't soon forget and I'm glad this thread reminded me of it
>>
>>18376985
nice one, first time I see someone has the same thing as me, when I was little kid I'd hear a soothing womens voice too saying "Don't be afraid, everything will be alright "etc. But it's long since gone now.
>>
>>18370787
>high pitched piercing squeal seemingly coming from inside of your head?
Tinnitus, possibly caused by stress.

>feel like you are trying to swallow a ping pong ball? feel like you might be dying and this is it, this is the end?
Anxiety attack.
>>
>have you ever been woken up by a high pitched piercing squeal seemingly coming from inside of your head?
Extraterrestrials or tinnitus

>feel like you are trying to swallow a ping pong ball? feel like you might be dying and this is it, this is the end?
No idea
>>
>>18370934
That's autism for you.
>>
>>18370787

Sounds like "Exploding Head Syndrome"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

You'll be ok.
>>
>>18370787
Sleep paralysis
/thread
>>
>>18370811
Same shit happens to me, Anon, though a bit more often than several times per year.
It kinda freaks me out, but since it's when I'm about to fall asleep and I'm tired as fuck I donĀ“t really pay much attention to it and sleep the freakyness off.
>>
>ITT: kids think exploding head syndrome sounds cool and try to convince people they have it
>>
>>18370787
Exploding head syndrome with a touch of Night Terrors. Are you waking up choking on or trying to swallow things from dreams frequently?
>>
>>18370872
But is it terminal, doctor?
>>
>>18383872
Choking from his daddy's dick
>>
>>18370822
I've had it for years as well. Usually happens just before I actually fall asleep. Annoying as fuck, usually a scream, gunshot/explosion, or like someone clapped right next to my ear.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.