[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever encountered a local spirit/deity, /x/? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

Have you ever encountered a local spirit/deity, /x/? I'm not talking about capital G-God or even one of the big old pagan deities. I'm more talking about the lower level entities that global folklore claims have squatted on trees, rivers, and meadows from time immemorial.

We had a great thread some years ago about an Anon who claimed his grandparents' property in England was being haunted by what we all decided was a forest god. It was fun, even if he was only pretending.
>>
I was with two friends in the woods once and me and one of them saw a fairy. It was a pinkish purple ball of light, bounced around in the air towards us and got about 5 feet from us and made a B-line right angle turn away from us ( no longer bouncing).

Also had a case of old hag syndrome that was 99.9999% an actual presence because after i woke up i could no longer see it but i saw its shadow and it threw open my door, the shadow went out of my room and my door slammed shut.
>>
Not sure if it was a god or spirit animal or maybe just a regular bird. But I was followed around by a hawk for about 4-5 years.

For a while everytime I looked up I would see him, and he ever perched in a tree staring at key house in the middle of a hurricane.
>>
File: 1473208113056.jpg (346KB, 1527x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1473208113056.jpg
346KB, 1527x2000px
Aye. I came into contact with some biblical while wondering the foothills of Mt. Shasta. It's not the same as when you're reading it in the book. But it makes you understand why the people of those times would write a story such as they did.

Words aren't sufficient to explain the spirit of what happened. If you want to find out for yourself, go to Mt. Shasta, and do good things for people, until you gain its notice. Shouldn't take longer than a week. The spirit was more like a living story.

At the end of it, you'll realize you are now one of the characters who first wrapped you into the whole shenanigan when you were only first being introduced. It's a fascinating sensation, a very visceral experience of time.
>>
I'm pretty sure i have a lowkey wind thing on my families property. I dunno if its a spirit or what but i always see a small whirlywind out in one specific paddock, by always i mean just about every day when i go to check the waters. This thing doesn't really seem to be afraid and will just wander aimlessly even when you're near it. Dunno, it could just be a normal whirlywind.
>>
bump for more
>>
>>18367486
White stag in northern PA. Faint glow.
>>
>>18369727
Harry's dad.
>>
Visited the General Sherman sequoia tree in California, said to be the biggest tree on the planet. Didn't converse as such, but I had the overwhelming feeling to bow my head in its presence; never felt that for anything or anyone before. It had a spirit, and it is very old. It gave me a sense of the vast stillness of time, and how it is to exist for a thousand years.
>>
>>18367570
>Whirlywind
Actually cute
>>
>>18367512
it's not me is it

can you answer some questions?
>>
>>18367486
Well I don't know if the thing I saw was a local spirit or deity but I will tell my story anyway:

>10/12 years ago
>My fathers and I went to my granpa's cottage to stay a week more or less in summer
>One day I decide to go out to play some football
>While I was playing I heard some noises coming from a little piece of forest near the cottage
>Since I was a curious kid I decided to go to investigate
>At first I saw nothing at all, but moments later it emerged from the trees
>A big black panther or some kind of wild cat
>It was BIG very BIG
>My father is 180 cm tall and that cat was even higher
>I was freezed but I wasn't scared at all, something told me that the cat wouldn't hurt me
>Then the cat turned back and disapeared in the forest (once crossed there is a river and I heard heavy footsteps on the water)
>I runned as fast as I could to catch pa or ma
>I told what just hapenned to my fathers
>after a few moments my father told me that he believes me, because he saw a very similar cat when he was swiming in the river several years ago

Since the sight a lot of years has passed and I heard a few similar stories from people who live near that cottage.
And recently I went with some friends to stay there for a days and one of them, who I didn't tell this story, told me that que heard some noises and when he look through the window he saw a large shadow going towards the path that leads to the road.

And that's it, my story.
>>
>>18369923
There's a long history of seeing big black cats where they shouldn't be.
>>
>>18367570

pet it
>>
>>18369980
??? I didn't know... tell me more.
>>
One time i was driving through an area with cow pastures with woods to the back and the side of it one side of the road and just woods on the other and i seen this giant white deer/stag/moose thing that was bigger than a bus cross from the side with the pasture to the wooded side about half a mile in front of my car. Amazing and terrifying at the same time.
>>
I used to hike in some trails maintained by a homeowner's association. The area was supposed to be bulldozed, but a rare (to the area) moss was found so the park was created as a preserve.

Any way, up one of the hills is an enormous boulder. Everyone who saw it described it as an animal; it was always "that rock that looks like a ..." The list included whale, dinosaur, like the bedrock was erupting from the hill to breathe, and more, but always as living -- even by people who weren't at all spiritual. It's just sort of how it ended up being described by people. It made an impression.

Touching the rock, one could feel its age. Some people said it felt like it was vibrating, and some had audible experiences such as hearing wind or rushing water.

There was something old, something primal, about that place which did not wish to succumb to development, being plowed out, bulldozed, paved, or used as an ornament in someone's yard as a sign of opulence.

It seemed to scream, I am old! I am the earth!
>>
>>18367486
Yes.
But I won't tell you much about it.

Just keep your eyes and mind open
>>
>>18370034
Where in the states is this?
>>
>>18370034
That's a great story.

Can you provide anymore detail? I would love to know the location.
>>
Saw a woodchuck once. Several in fact, around the same place on several different occasions. But it was woodchuck territory, so...
>>
File: space-4.1-CPR.jpg (1MB, 2600x1732px) Image search: [Google]
space-4.1-CPR.jpg
1MB, 2600x1732px
>>18369992
Not him but Its very common in England. Especially the south west with sightings of black cats in Devon. Lots of documentarys on it
>>
>>18370297
Yes, look for ABC (Anomalous/Alien Big Cats) and you will find a lot of references. Mostly for the US, because when people in other places see them, they are mistaken by the natural ones, but in the US large felines should be extinct, hence they are noticed.
>>
>>18367486
Short one, not good at green text so...
Just got out of a convenience store, lighting up a cigarette. This dude dressed in an overcoat asks for a smoke, I give it to him go back to the store to buy something to eat fucking return to a black dog eating the lit cigarette
>>
Aye, a few times. One was when I lived in Oregon, there was a massive, and I do mean massive, hawk that would make rounds over this one part of a forest nearby where I was living. Thing looked to be about the size of a military drone, and when it looked at you you could tell it was trying to bore its way into your soul.

Then another one was when I was visiting some friends in Texas. They all told me about a huge wolf that was pure white that stalked through the fields at night. Didn't believe them until I saw it myself. I'm 6'4 and it could have easily walked up and licked me in the forehead without standing on its hind legs. When it looked at you a peaceful feeling would wash over you, no malice whatsoever. It just stood there a good thirty foot away just looking at me standing there, then turned around and silent as a ghost walked off without a hurry.
>>
>>18367486
I did in a small town on Lake Michigan. I saw a large cat(like a jaguar or cougar but all white) run down a street in the middle of the night. I went to check it out but after a few steps I saw what looked like a witch doctor or Indian Chief that was all white in the distance. I felt an instant "chill" and need to turn back.

>tl;dr
Saw a large beast, and after a glowing "witchdoctor" that gave me a chill I have never felt
>>
>>18370297
I'm from spain (there's no large felines except wild cats that doen't get that tall) and what i told happened in Segorbe near Valencia.

Also as a curiosity a few years ago, 2011 or so I was in Torquay for two weeks and I went to dartmoor to hike and saw a large feline footprints. I took some photos but I don't find them.

Dartmoor is a place full of magic, I felt it when I was there... There's something primitive, ancient there and since I left I want to return to that place.
>>
>>18371771
Torquay is in Devon if someone don't get it.
>>
There's a cheeky little spirit at my parents place that likes to hide and return things.
>headphones always sit at same spot on desk
>home alone
>headphones not on desk
>huh, must've fallen off
>check floor under desk
>no headphones
>search room
>no headphones
>search room thoroughly
>still no headphones
>did i put them away?
>empty out box of cables/wires/etc onto middle of floor
>check each and every wire before putting them back into box
>floor is clear no more wires
>where the fuck are my headphones!?
>go downstairs for food
>come back up 20 minutes later
>headphones on floor in middle of the room

This sort of thing happens all the time.
>>
>>18369866
Go ahead
>>
>>18370317
>mostly for the US

That's because the US is full of retards
>>
>>18367512
>I saw something
>Words can't explain it but it's really cool
This is some lazy storytelling even for /x/.
>>
>>18371811
Have fun with sandnigger semen in your wife, cuckold
>>
>>18370317
>in the US large felines should be extinct
Mountain lions aren't.
>>
>>18367570
don't fall for this >>18369991

I+m from eastern yurope and we have a saying that when a whirlwind follows you, one must spit on it, because if you step in it you will be severely physically hurt in near future. Some say it's demons luring children in
>>
>>18369923
>I runned
>and told my fathers

hahhaha
>>
I live in the Portland metro and there's a little god that "hangs out" at the local elementary school. Most of the time it's just a presence that inspires a sense of wonder and safety. It lives in the old outdoor supplies closet and if you try and talk to it sometimes it makes sound back. It's pretty neat and nice to have around but yeah
>>
>>18372345
How can you tell a god from a spirit or just a regular ghost?
>>
>>18372356
For me, I think it's like the presence. Ghosts are just kinda spooky, even if they're nice. But like, a little god has an aura of something. I study abroad in Japan and my host family's property had a little god on it that hung out in a rock (or it might've been the rock, like the guy earlier in the thread was saying) and it's presence helped you clear your mind and come to decisions. My host sister said she could feel it saying something along the lines of "it's okay, take a deep breath, relax" but like, to her soul.
>>
Recently I visited my grandparents, who live beside a forest. While we were talking they reminded me that when I was little I would often talk about little dancing and giggling lights that surrounded their house at night. The same night my whole body got paralysed. The strange thing was not the paralysis in itself (mostly because I am very used to sleep paralysis) but the fact that I started hearing little laughs all around me, accompanied by the sound of wind howlind right above my head and the sensation that someone was pulling the skin of my face. The morning after I found my earphones wrapped around my ankle and my piercing on my chest
>>
>>18367486
I DESPERATELY want to meet a nature spirit. i live in england, and while a lot of forest has been cut down there are still many ancient places left. also have you got the archive of the thread you mentioned?

>>18369923
damn that's a great story
>>
Many years ago, I was 7 and on a camping trip in New Mexico with my family. We were setting up camp on the side of a mountain in the woods, and this blonde bear walks up, looks at me for a few seconds, grunts, and travels up the mountain. Despite there being crunchy dry leaves covering the ground, the bear doesn't make a sound as it moves. It disappears suddenly, mid-stride, as I watch it make its way up the hill. This bear came within a few feet of where I was standing, and yet my parents didn't even notice it. I like to think it was some sort of spirit checking us out, making sure we were ok.
>>
>>18372321
Fuck, I knew something was wrong with that xD
>>
>>18371798
Wtf there was a time shit like this happened to me on a regular basis.

>one time was smoking bowls and lost my lighter after I went downstairs.
>looked everywhere for it. Was dumbfounded.
> eventually buy a new one.
> a few weeks passes and while im asleep I hear a lighter fall onto the old wooden floor I have in my room.
> Wtf nobody's here
> turn on the light and there's the lighter I lost a few weeks ago like it just fell out of another dimension.
>>
>>18372936
Spirits that find things are some of the nicest ones.

My mom once lost some important documents for the house and that night prayed to a specific saint she always prays to. The next morning the documents were found right in the middle of the main table in her house. Absolutely no way possible that they were there before.
>>
>>18367486
Not a creature or deity but my mom used to know a guy who was an exorcist ordained by the church. Still not sure whether he was just a nutter or not but he was in fact a priest (held sermon multiple times in a local church when the priest who's church it was retired).

The guy knew the Bible by heart (entirely in both his own language and Latin) and carried multiple weird ass books with him. I remember him showing some to my mom and one of them was entirely red (covers, pages, even the little strap to mark pages with). Don't know anything about it past that.

My mom was heavily into the occult to the point of obsession, but after this guy left town she dropped it all and never mentioned anything about it again other than the occasional "you don't know what you're messing with" to people getting tattoos of weird symbols they don't know the meaning of etc. She still has a few odd friends that range from old Wiccan ladies to nuns.

Not sure what the fuck she was into, other than it being some borderline illegal shit. Just a dumb story I guess. This happened in Eastern Europe btw.
>>
>>18372157
>From The Zone
>Whirlygig anomaly

Checks out. Advice is valid. Don't step in a whirlygig.
>>
i regularly talk to what i call the spirit of the mountains, what i can only describe as the over all thought pattern of the surrounding environment. I've lived at the base of two mountains all my life and have spent countless hours exploring and hiking. when i was a kid, i activly talked to inanimate objects as if they could understand me, i don't even know why i didn't even have imaginary friends or think they were spirits, i just felt like i could and should talk to things like trees, i never got a reply as such, but it induces feelings of a reply, its hard to explain. long story short, as i got older these feelings got interpretable for me. i believe whole heartedly i am looked after by my home, by the spirit of the land in which i live, i often meditate up in the mountains to seek answers and i am actually noticeably stronger in its presence.
>>
>>18372472
good luck meeting anything other then black annis.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 125x116px
I used to feel weird in the attic of ze house u grew up in, I felt a strange arau emoting from a poster for an art exhibit showing a women with a basket in a cave, the door would often open and close, sometimes tried to sleep up there, convinced it was ghost
Imagined or dreamt that the ghost was a 12 year old girl and I had sex with her some how when I was thirteen, bizarre shit!
I also sware to have seen some banshees in Scotland but I can't remember the tale exactly
>>
File: bsjsjjssnnd.jpg (6KB, 244x223px) Image search: [Google]
bsjsjjssnnd.jpg
6KB, 244x223px
>>18374129
>Ze
You forgot that you're typing
>>
>>18374675
Yes
>>
File: [email protected] (10KB, 620x380px) Image search: [Google]
monsters-in-america-@.jpg
10KB, 620x380px
>>18369923
Wampus, perhaps?
>>
>>18374129

did you actually know a girl who died?
>>
>>18375084
No I think I was imagining the ghost was a girl and had a wet dream, so it could be anyone, my house is circa 1902
>>
>>18375003
Fact is that I live in Spain.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.