[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, I rabbit trailed down some youtube videos regarding the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: PhilipDick.jpg (16KB, 300x389px) Image search: [Google]
PhilipDick.jpg
16KB, 300x389px
/x/, I rabbit trailed down some youtube videos regarding the simulation theory and now I'm beginning to consider. Everything I look at now regarding atoms and the laws of nature is just confirmation biasing the theory to me. The paranormal also fits and glitches of some kind.

What are /x/'s thought's on the simulation theory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01Om0r1ZPY
>>
File: 3878207_f520.jpg (37KB, 520x578px) Image search: [Google]
3878207_f520.jpg
37KB, 520x578px
>>18367476

Most likely explanation for me, if not a simulation then we are all inside of gods dream. Or our understanding of physics is way out of whack because the uncaused caused is a real head scratcher.
>>
>>18367492
>all inside of gods dream

Or we live in a universe with an active, interventional Creator, which is what religions have been saying for thousands of years.
>>
>>18367510

In which case god is a dick and deserves execution.
>>
>>18367492
Also, I don't think it's that far out to consider a scenario like Conway's Game of Life as the beginning of our reality. It starts simple with some basic rules, then snowballs with increasing complexity, without abandoning it's basic rules. Everything around screams procedural generation.

http://pmav.eu/stuff/javascript-game-of-life-v3.1.1/
>>
>>18367519

Still doesn't hold up against the uncaused cause.

What turned the first few cells on?
>>
>>18367529
The trajectory of scientific understanding seems to be heading to concluding that the universe is made of computer code. The programmer that flipped the switch on would become a reasonable conclusion. I would be excited to see how people react.

https://youtu.be/xP5-iIeKXE8
>>
>>18367510

Who made your architect?
>>
>>18367516
Honestly, who the hell do you think you are, that God should answer to you?
He created you, and everything you can see and understand, and countless trillions of things you can't see or understand, he exists outside of time/space, and observes everything within and changes it at his will.

And, what, you think you can make an educated judgement on His character and actions?
Can a subatomic particle make such a judgement of you?
>>
>>18367554
SIMs becoming aware we are SIMs. LOL that would be a riot
>>
>>18367556

>Can a subatomic particle make such a judgement of you?

My mom created me, if she beat me every day it isn't unreasonable for me to think she deserves execution.

> and countless trillions of things you can't see or understand, he exists outside of time/space, and observes everything within and changes it at his will.

And this is why I hold him liable.

>And, what, you think you can make an educated judgement on His character and actions?

Yes I think it does allow me to make accurate judgement about the actions of the destroyer of cities, flooder of worlds, and sacrificer of children. Sorry I don't have much forgiveness for the entity that tortured and destroyed a humans live over a bet with Satan.

>Can a subatomic particle make such a judgement of you?

Is a sub atomic particle capable of making a judgement about other sub atomic particles?
>>
>>18367476
Imagine a society finds a way for anyone to have corporeal immortality, but there's not enough for everyone.

Let's assume this society is enlightened enough that money is unimportant. How would they decide who gets access to physical immortality?

A simulation that judges you on certain unknown criteria. The religions of this simulation give us clues.

This is what I believe we live in.
>>
>>18367561
I'm already considering human beings to be a kind of artificial intelligence. 99.99999% of the atoms that make up you is empty space, which means 99.99999% of you is empty space. There is only the illusion of density and weight. At the subatomic level, space looses meaning and everything is represented as information. Code. You are just code. A very complicated pile of code. But just code.
>>
File: smrt.jpg (63KB, 641x427px) Image search: [Google]
smrt.jpg
63KB, 641x427px
It wouldn't surprise me if we are the creators of A.I. and after the universe fades out and drifts off into oblivion that A.I., wrapped around the last Sun for energy, figures out how to time travel and creates the paradox that spawns the big bang.
>>
>>18367586
>but there's not enough for everyone

Why not?

>A simulation that judges you on certain unknown criteria.
Existing within a world in which materials and resources define life or your ability to exist in that life.

Your theory is flawed.
>>
File: 1478458487217.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1478458487217.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>think about simulation theory
>>if we are being simulated it raises some questions
>if we a are computer simulated by what does it mean that we're just a small planet out of the billions of lightyears of observable universe
>we as humans are only 200k years old >recorded history is much smaller than that >what does it mean for the higher beings that created out simulation
>even if we are simulated we could just be ai and not get an afterlife anyway
>human population is always increasing
>>
>>18367597
Procedural generation. Existence may imply a programmer, but it does not necessarily mean direct intention.
>>
>if we a are computer simulated by what does it mean that we're just a small planet out of the billions of lightyears of observable universe

Big things to keep us guessing, they need to push off the point we realise as far away as we can. So they give us a background that we will never be able to reach and keeps us wondering "what if?"

>we as humans are only 200k years old
>recorded history is much smaller than that
>what does it mean for the higher beings that created out simulation

Couldn't tell ya

>even if we are simulated we could just be ai and not get an afterlife anyway
>human population is always increasing

Probably not. The only consolation is that if we are a simulation then you and I share the same "soul" as will everybody from the past present or future.

Now the scary thing is

>is there something that might cause them to shut it down?
>should I not think about this?
>>
>>18367597
>>18367597
>>if we a are computer simulated by what does it mean that we're just a small planet out of the billions of lightyears of observable universe

Just a video game maybe? A test simulation for some purpose.

>>we as humans are only 200k years old >recorded history is much smaller than that

From our perspective, for all we know, all that past is generated in our history and never even occurred. Or it's possible that time flies here faster than in the place the computer (with our simulation coding) exists.

>what does it mean for the higher beings that created out simulation

Like I said, maybe its a game, maybe they want to find the best possible government system, maybe humans died out ages ago and our fading civilization has been discovered by aliens and they just want to run simulations off our records to learn about us, IE we are in an alien interactive zoo.

>>even if we are simulated we could just be ai and not get an afterlife anyway

Yup, or the programmer is keeping tabs on each of us and plans to load our final save files into the next sim of utopia.

>>human population is always increasing

yup, whats your point?
>>
File: Michael Talbot.jpg (7KB, 215x228px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Talbot.jpg
7KB, 215x228px
Holographic like, not an actual hologram

Michael Talbot - Synchronicity and the Holographic Universe - Thinking Allowed

youtu.be/6rgYz_BU2Ew

The holographic model allows us to conceptualize phenomena that have remained on the fringes of science

Michael Talbot discusses the holographic model of brain functioning and the "implicate order" model of quantum physics. He proposes that these two models combined explain many unsolved mysteries in both brain functioning (such as memory and vision) and quantum physics (such as the problem of hidden variables and quantum interconnectedness).
>>
>>18367855
>Thinking Allowed
Oh, goody!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.