[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay for a Christian to read Manly Paler Hall's "The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Is it okay for a Christian to read Manly Paler Hall's "The Secret Teachings of all Ages?" I've been reading it here and there and it is just fascinating. He also compares ancient deities to figures in The Bible. Is this something in the lines of neoplatonism? Any input is welcome
>>
Yes ofcourse. You are currently living inside a cave, afraid of the outside world and comfortable with the known. It's time you leave the cave behind and delve right into the unknown. You exist to explore this unknown so that you can make it known, you are not here to ignore the world. Stop being afraid of what you might find and rather find joy in what you possibly might discover.
>>
>>18365982
How about answering the question OP really asked? I don't see anywhere in his post where he'd ask you to ass flap the same mantra you babble after every bong session.
>>
>>18365982
Take this quote from Albert Einstein and see the truth in what he says.
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.”
>>
>>18365987
I think what I said can be understood as "yes, go ahead and read it, it doesn't matter if you are a christian. There is possibly much to learn from reading the book". I just used another form of telling him this.
>>
>>18364798
Lectures on Ancient Philosophy is comfy as fuck and apparently an "extension" of Secret Teachings of all Ages if you want to check it out.
>>
There's absolutely nothing in either Testament that says "don't read philosophy", or anything similar.
>>
>>18365982
So, how do I leave the cave?
>>
>>18364798
Mate, if you follow a religion where you need to ask whether reading a book is OK, you seriously need to rethink your situation
>>
>>18364798
dunno but that Yggdrasil is beautiful.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.