[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you rest yuor body 8 hours a day but always keep your mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: jo.jpg (15KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
jo.jpg
15KB, 255x255px
If you rest yuor body 8 hours a day but always keep your mind awake by listening to music what would happen??
mental illness or a good,new insighy on life?
>>
>>18363939
you've never fallen asleep with headphones or the stereo on?

nothing happens.
>>
>>18363958
Maybe your brain is broken, because I'm pretty sure you're supposed to feel something when affected by electromagnetic stimulation
>>
>>18363961
well, i am mentally ill. maybe that's what caused it. go ahead and try it OP you'll get super powers too.
>>
File: 1423477175388.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1423477175388.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>18363965
>Listening to music at night causes mental illness
really makes you think
>>
>>18363939
nothing happens.
>>
>>18363939
your mind is technically always awake, it never goes to sleep only your body does. All it does is go into a lower state of functioning. It goes from Beta or Alpha (awake) to theta or delta (sleeping).

I suppose it might be possible to entrain your brain with a beta or alpha tone set while you try to sleep.
>>
File: Caleb Van Dreck.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px)
Caleb Van Dreck.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
>>18364096
Watch out we have a brain expert over here
>>
sleep deprivation eventually causes death.
>>
>>18364096
This 432 hz, they call it music, but it's basically white noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaF0fZKMiJ4

Allegedly stimulates beta tones, I have read some of the research about it, and it's meh, but you can duplicate it in a lab so it's ok.

It doesn't do much tough, but none of the studies I read went for more than three months.
>>
youll probably learn a lot about structures and textures, what sounds give you what perception of what artists, youll relate a lot to it, and in genereal have a better appreciation, but youll probably hate youreself
>>
listening to music while sleeping wont do anything, did that enough times.

if you make the music so loud you wont start sleeping or somehow prevents yourself from sleeping in another way you will just get normal sleepdeprivation wether you body rests or not. at some point you will see hallucinations and eventually will die.

its not the rest you need from sleep, sleeping barely saves energy from your body. its the dreams you need.

by the way this makes me think

anyone familiar here with david icke? claiming the reptillians are here, but cant stay in this wavelength for too long? what if its the same for us, only that we are able to stay here longer, and sleep disconnects us from this world and gets us in the otherworld and resets the timer to start anew when we wake up?
>>
>>18364141
He's right though.
>>
>>18363939
your mind is always "awake" humans are not computers the only time you shut down is when you die, the difference between sleep and wakefulness is what your body expends its energy on.
>>
>>18363961
Have you never tried it before?
>you're supposed to feel
This implies you haven't.

Try it, realize that literally nothing happens except you sleep.
>>
>>18363939
can have varying effects depending on the music
>>18365704
its not actually the dreaming we need, but the stat of paralysis and REM our body experiences you only experience 2 1/2 to 3 hours of this in a normal sleep.
>>
>>18365988
What a coincidence that you dream during REM sleep. See the point?
>>
>>18365988
i know its not really the dreams you need, but what we need happens in the state where we dream, so essentially we have to dream.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.