[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a fag with Irish ancestry I've always been curious about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: TheChiefDruid.png (421KB, 1038x1393px) Image search: [Google]
TheChiefDruid.png
421KB, 1038x1393px
As a fag with Irish ancestry I've always been curious about the Celtic druids and in general nature worship. It seems like when the occult is talked about here I never see them brought up.

What are your thoughts? Book/vid recs on the subject?
>>
>>18360576
Bump
>>
>>18360576
http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid
>>
>>18360689
Lame
>>
http://www.druidry.org/druid-way/what-druidry/brief-history-druidry

Conversion to Christianity.
>>
>>18360576

oh shit it's dat boi merlin
>>
I have thought they were interesting too. The issue I had when I wanted to do research, is that there is so little historical information about them. And any information about them is written by other people who didn't understand what they were about. i.e. The Romans and Christians. So any people who claim they know anything about them just sort of made up a history and ritual. Which is what Wicca is. I would suggest reading some of the historical excerpts from the Romans and others. Good luck.
>>
I have this book that I might have a quick look for but also might not, something along the lines of 'secret rites and customs of ancient britain' or something. Anyway, this guys theory was that basically all western religion has its roots in the 'death cult' of north west africa around 8000 years ago or something. Apparently these guys were the first to mummify or preserve their dead or something. They spread east across africa and got thoroughly involved in the developing scene in early egypt and also spread north by sea into the iberia (spain, portugal) and then north again into britain where it merged with the local belief system of nature worship. The product of this union were the Druids. The egyptian branch of the death cult mixed with mesopotamian beliefs and then spread by land into eastern europe where it encountered local nature worship similar to that found in britain. Having changed so much over this time though, the union this time produced the early germanic/ keltic belief system. This was then subject to constant influence from the rest of europe and all kinds of mixing and overlapping from common ancestors and shit was going on. All the while the druids in britain are getting along in relative isolation, maintaining a relatively pure blend of two ancient belief systems. This is as I remember the first few chapters having skimmed them on the shitter so might not be spot on ha
>>
>>18360576
Honestly, there's not a lot on the subject. You're better off reading Caesar's accounts, then just sorting through anything you can find with "Druid" in the title and working out the tripe for yourself. Avoid anything linked to Wicca, though.
>t. OBOD and AHOD member
>>
File: ohshitwaddup.jpg (593KB, 1116x1552px) Image search: [Google]
ohshitwaddup.jpg
593KB, 1116x1552px
>>18362827
>>
>>18360576
theyre hippies, thats pretty much it. they were the tree huggers of their era
they dont do anything occult, they sometimes trip balls and go channel spirit energy or whatever in the forrest. theyre like wiccans, looks cool until you get involved and its kind of lame
>>
>>18366663
>theyre hippies, thats pretty much it. they were the tree huggers of their era
Not according to Caesar. They were basically judges. Horticulture was a minor facet of their scope.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.