[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is the board to go to ask this stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: Sand1.jpg (768KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sand1.jpg
768KB, 2000x1500px
I don't know if this is the board to go to ask this stuff about but here I go.
I 'inherited' a rock collection from my great grandfather some years ago, and it has some cool stuff in it.
Over the years, tho, it seems that my family has been plagued with bad luck.
We have lost jobs, lost family, through death or feelings.
I found this in the collection, and I got paranoid, just a silly vial of black sand, right?
>>
File: Sand2.jpg (789KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sand2.jpg
789KB, 2000x1500px
>>18351933
Then I took a look at the label.
Guess great grandpappy gave me his chicken scratch writing skills.
>>
>>18351940
oh shit...

book a flight
>>
>>18352348
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>18352424
isn't there some old Hawaiian legend about removing sand like that from the islands? invokes peles wrath?
>>
Lol. My wife had an ex who was Hawaiian. You aren't supposed to move rocks around or something. That's what the savages believed.
>>
>>18352424

Srsly bad fuckin juju, meng
>>
>>18351940
Looks like sand from Oneuli.

You have fun with that curse, lad.
>>
>>18351940
i belive the only way to fix that curse is to put the sand back in it rightful place
>>
>>18351933
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele's_Curse

Well OP your grandpappi was a fool and you better get your ass to hawaii as fast as you can and pray that the sands dont cause your plane to crash or some shit. Good luck
>>
>>18351933
Mail that shit home and pray, dude.
>>
Fuck, he has vials and jars from other places too.
Death Valley, Sutters Mill, Hayama beach, ash from Mount St. Helens.
Also some turquoise
>>
Just jizz in it it tomake the spirit think your to freaky to deal with
>>
>>18352987
this could work if it was a spirit. but its a curse from a deity. they dont appreciate jizz.
>>
>>18352999
And I am not losing my wizard status to some deity.
>>
>>18352940
Are there any wards or some shit I can use?
I have an adder stone handy.
>>
>>18351933
It's just sand.
>>
>>18351933
eat it
>>
>>18353651
If I wanted to eat sand I would just ask /ck/ how to cook gluten free.
>>
>>18352984

Not op, but now I'm wondering - are a lot of places known for 'take rock, get cursed'? The Hawaiian thing is only vaguely familiar to me.
>>
>>18353693
I only think the Hawaiian thing is legit, but I don't know.
I mean, you could get fucked if you steal shit from like burial grounds or something.
>>
>>18351933
god damnit, you fucking role players aren't even trying at this point. Since when is putting black pebbles in a jar with chicken scratch writing on it considered a damn curse?
>>
>>18353821
Taking stuff out (sand and pebbles) of hawaii is the curse's cause, not the chicken scratch...
>>
>>18353863
>all of a sudden its pebbles from hawaii
>i still believe in curses
>>
>>18353821
>Label is physically aged.
>The ink is weathered about as much.
>Sand looks legit.
>OP must have just made this from grinding some rocks.
>>
>>18353877
>i didn't take this aged piece of paper with random writing from somewhere else
>i didn't just take a jar and cap that isn't aged and put pebbles in it
>i didn't just put together some half assed story
>either way, /x/ will make the story for me
>>
File: 18353890.jpg (813KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
18353890.jpg
813KB, 2000x1500px
>>18353890
>>
>>18353925
>Being this much of a faggot.
>>
>>18351933
Toss them out into the garbage forget your cursed
>>
>>18353925

lel

Op, I just asked a friend about it... I'm not sure if they're right, but they said you would have to make sure it was the right beach, too - not just a random one on Hawaii. Also agreed the idea of taking it via a plane or boat is terrifying, but what else are you going to do? It's not like you can mail it to someone. Chances are, if you count, you have to do it yourself. Since he left it to you, I would think you would.

I would recommend talking to someone in Hawaii that actually knows their shit before doing the deed, though, because as my friend pointed out, because it's sand, once it's gone - it's gone. No re-dos.
>>
>>18354861
Top of the label almost looks like Oneuli.
And I can't fucking afford to go to Hawaii.

Thanks Gramps...
>>
As I understand it, the USPS of Hawaii gets shit tons of their rocks and sand every year from all the idiots who take from Pele.

You can probs get away with just mailing it. It's all Pele's territory. Maybe pack something extra as an offering, like local dirt or sand, like interest for a loan. Totes guess at that last part though.
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>18353668
>>
>>18354888

I mean, I can't either, but I'd be freaking out if I was cursed that hard. Look into it - who knows, maybe there's some kind of garbage plane ticket that's more in the few hundred dollar range vs the couple thousand.

>>18354917

Oh, it does? Hmm... I wonder if that does work - or if people are just hoping it does.

Yeah, I'm going to reiterate asking someone who actually knows their Hawaiian shit. I know someone who's from there, but I just know that if I asked them if you should be looking for like a shaman or something if you wanted the 100% expert's advice, I'd end up getting laughed at for ages and probably told that a local is fine. And then maybe recommended talking to a ____ (word I don't know) if I really wanted to be sure.
>>
>>18353693
I'm not sure about being cursed but the Japanese believe that rocks, boulders stones etc or their queries have spirits and they should be respected. Similar to native beliefs.
>>
>>18351933

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>18354888
>>18355036

So it just occurred to me we don't actually know where you LIVE, op, so my statement about garbage tickets may be totally bullshit. I assumed you live somewhere in the states? If you do, then obviously, which state you're in could affect those prices dramatically - a work-around might be tolerating one of those horrible buses to another state/airport and going from there.
>>
>>18355039

I'm under the impression that once you get into animist belief, everything in Japan can and will get pissed off and fuck you in the ass, lol.
>>
>>18355055
That's actually the traditional explanation for quakes.

You fucked OP, grandpa was dumb and disrespectful, but you can get the collection appraised and sell it to some collector, maybe you lucky out with some rare rock, there's someone in charge of the Brunner collection in /an/, make a thread and ask him for help, maybe you can afford the passages with that.
>>
>>18355055
No this was what an old Japanese guy who built and designed a Japanese Garden at a botanical garden believed. He wouldn't let other people who were not involved in the moving of the boulders from the queries know where they were, it was a secret to him only. This is in part because of this belief.

Just because this type of stuff is in anime doesn't mean it's exclusive to anime. It's their culture, so of course their arts are going to lean heavily on their belief systems.

Like I said other cultures have similar beliefs.
>>
>>18355086

I wasn't kidding. I mean that I'm under the impression that's very much -actually- a thing. Maybe not something your average person, especially if they're part of a younger generation, worries about from day-to-day, but is embedded in the culture in a lot of ways that people might not even consciously be aware of; little quirks here and there, a tendency to do this thing but not that thing. And then obviously of course, you have people like in your example, who are very much aware of the traditional beliefs, and take them seriously.

I was joking around a bit, but I wasn't downplaying the historical (and current) beliefs. It isn't something I got out of an anime - it's what I've picked up from reading actual books and texts about the various religious and cultural traditions there.
>>
>>18355048
Washington state.
I just can't see myself paying the expense to fly to Hawaii at the moment, considering I lost my job a few months ago.
>>
>>18353693
the ghost town called bodiie in california has a curse if you take a rock or anything your get cursed
>>
>>18355147

... Yeah, you're definitely gonna want to talk to someone who knows their shit about what to do. Although, if it's this common, I wouldn't be surprised if there were default instructions posted online. Which obviously you'd want to verify.

I wonder if you can pray to Pele and be like... hey, I am sincerely sorry for my ancestor's fuck up; please allow me to return what is rightfully your's, etc. etc. I don't know a lot about him, so I couldn't say.

That said, if you happen to see it in your travels, it says in some places around the internet that it was all started by people like park rangers and tour guides in the 20th century who were pissed at tourists, but... Frankly, whether or not this is so is very irrelevant; enough people invoke that, enough people repeat it, it's probably going to become an issue.
>>
>>18356402

*her

I'm fucking retarded.
>>
So I can't just like mail this shit back to them?
>>
>>18356478

I mean, maybe you can. I'm not sure? I know a lot of people do it - I don't know if it works.

Just search around a lot, I guess - it doesn't seem like anyone here is certain.
>>
>>18356529
Guess I can googefu me some answers.
The old man died a shell of himself, shit in some raised toilet in the living room.
Grandma was a singer and a painter, she smoked her vocal cords to death.
>>
>>18356582

Yeesh. So... you mentioned your family had a lot of misfortune in general. A lot of families do - but your's must have been pretty severe to look at that sand and be like 'fml' (...admittedly, we helped that along) What kinda stuff are we talking about here, if you don't mind my asking?

Aside from that - good luck and godspeed, anon. I hope that everything works out ok for you.
>>
>>18356955
>Family started to split after grandma passed, our family, the ones who took care of her tried to fix the house up to sell, the rest of the family became vultures after valuables.
>Made half the value on the house after costs to fix it, family still try to say we were greedy.
>Another family member falls ill, family will not do shit to help her.
>Mom takes it on herself to help her, family scoffs.
>We decide to go fuck it and force them to go to her apartment she got evicted from.
>Hoarders would have had a fucking field day..
>Make them help clean it.
>Rest of the family basically now fucking hates us.
>>
>>18351933
>I 'inherited' a rock collection from my great grandfather some years ago, and it has some cool stuff in it.
>Over the years, tho, it seems that my family has been plagued with bad luck.

There's a widespread beleif in Sweden that anyone who removes rock from the island BlÄ Jungfrun by the east coast of Sweden will have endless bad luck until the stone is returned. The county gets loads of rocks sent to it every year from people who went there and didn't listen, then had bad luck after getting home. Usual stories are things like getting cancer, family member dying in car crash and similar quite severe things.

You should probably examine the collection and see that you don't a have a rock from another "cursed" place like that.
>>
File: Rock.jpg (725KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Rock.jpg
725KB, 2000x1500px
>>18357234
Well, he has this.
But apparently he got it off some beach on the west coast so, eh.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (656KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
656KB, 2000x1500px
>>18358311

FTFY
>>
>>18358341
MOTHER F-
>>
>>18354888
Hawaii fag reporting in.

There are only a few beaches you can take it to.
Black sand beaches aren't very common. That being said. Oneuli is the name of a black sand beach in Makena-Wailea on Maui. Its about 7 miles from my house and I have seen ALOT if tourist taking and returning sand there. I'm an asshole and never warn them about how real that curse is.
>>
>>18358407
>Jackass local letting tourists fuck themselves over.
Would eat spam with you/10.
>>
File: 1479399610124.jpg (103KB, 552x338px) Image search: [Google]
1479399610124.jpg
103KB, 552x338px
Hawaiian here. A Flip, specifically, but I listened to my Kupuna. I remember a show on the telly, probably the Travel Channel, saying that we have services to mail the sand back for you haoles. Guess that's really a thing:
>https://wanderwisdom.com/misc/How-to-Return-Lava-Rocks-to-Hawaii
>>
>>18358422
Spam musubis on me!
>>
bad luck isn't always that bad

sometimes you gotta appreciate the ulterior

not saying that's the case for you and your family, but some food for thought
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.