[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A whole board dedicated to the Paranormal >Out of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: SPOOKED.jpg (3MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKED.jpg
3MB, 2880x1800px
>A whole board dedicated to the Paranormal
>Out of all the documentaries, investigations, and studies, there has never been any definite proof of anything paranormal.
>Whether is be: magic, spirits, astral projection, tarots, etc..
>It's all delusional nonsense and does nothing

So why do you still bother posting here when all the evidence in the world points to the contrary? Are you that stubborn?
>>
File: IMG_2854.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2854.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
No evidence of god or a higher power whatsoever, yet majority of the population believes in one. Anything is possible.
>>
because it's fun to pretend faggot
now go back worshipping the State/Dawkins
>>
>>18351444
There is no evidence that something doesnt exist. How fucking old are you ?
>>
>>18351457
Yeah, but a delusional belief in god is no different than other delusional beliefs.

Also, das a cute cat.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (67KB, 800x402px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
67KB, 800x402px
>>18351463
Terrible argument senpai.
>>18351460
I'm pretty open to the possibility of anything. But I find it odd there's so much to be said about a topic that there's no real finite evidence of other than hearsay and questionable photos and footage.
>>
Conspiracy theories are fun and some are true

Also in the face of nihilism nothing matters so you might as well embrace the futility of it all
>>
File: American-Horror-Story-Coven.jpg (144KB, 792x430px) Image search: [Google]
American-Horror-Story-Coven.jpg
144KB, 792x430px
I just think it's hard to prove something empirically that's beyond the realm of normal human observational occurrence. This board has had stories, threads, etc. that are hard to disprove, but there are just as many people rabidly searching to discredit stories as there are people wasting everyone's time with spoopy roleplaying.

I've had things happen to me that probably have a "rational" explanation, but one that isn't readily apparent with the amount of evidence I have. Not saying I'm playing with chaos magix and summoning succubi and stupid shit like that, but I think in everyone's lives there's small, unexplained occurrences that the skeptics mind will fill in at the first opportunity because it doesn't fit in with their mental framework.

tl;dr skeptics and fanatics are both going to have approximately the same amount of paranormal occurrences happen to them that they are expecting.
>>
I have succeeded whan I tried some supernatural things. There are something that I can do everyday. Not everyone of us wants to show our supernatural things to those who doesn't believe them.

I am interested in hearing other's experiences. Many of them are real. You can live decades by not believing anything, but if one sees something unnatural, that is not explainabe by our science, he starts to believe and starts to think that our world view is not complete.

if you haven't experience anything supernatural, that doesn't mean that others haven't experienced them either. Many of us are here because we have seen proofs.
>>
I like reading and watching all this shit cause its fun desu its good entertainment.. I consider myself agnostic about all this shit tho I don't believe or disbelieve anything..
>>
>>18351457
It only proves how retarded people are.
>>
File: 1444706329292.jpg (123KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
1444706329292.jpg
123KB, 1024x689px
>>18351495
>>18351524
I'm pretty much here for the fun aspects as well, I like the stories and interesting view points on how the universe may work. But as someone who would consider themselves pretty nihilistic I get pretty depressed that there's no evidence. I would kill for a chance of a truly paranormal experience, even a negative one, just so I know that there's something bigger than what I can only perceive going on.
>>18351510
So sorta in the realm of confirmation bias, I can understand that. I guess I'm just too much of a skeptic to have anything possibly happen to me or to know it's happening.
>>18351523
As a skeptic, I'm more than open to seeing what you can do and what you've experienced. Just understand that I have to take it with a grain of salt without a personal understanding of it and no physical/observable evidence.
>>
Because it's interesting to hear people's stories, and experiences even if those experiences/stories are misinterpreted by the story teller. I also enjoy spooky tales, pieces of fiction especially folklore.

Some stuff that goes on here is pretty lame, divination threads are kind of lame, I don't believe you can tell the future, so watching people throw at their wild guesses is uninteresting to me. Conspiracy theories are also pretty lame, sometimes they are interesting, but I couldn't give less of a fuck about the reptilians or whatever.

If you ask most rational people if they have an experience with the paranormal they usually have something. I've heard so many "I don't believe in ghosts, but I totally saw this thing in my room when I was 10" or "I don't believe in the paranormal, but I met this psychic and it was totally legitimate" maybe they're lying, maybe they're mistaken, maybe a little of both, but stories like that sure are interesting.
>>
File: 7e3.jpg (31KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
7e3.jpg
31KB, 600x750px
>>18351444
>>
>>18351444
>you can only be interested in shit if it's real.png
>>>
>>
>>18351444
I'm here for the conspiracies, government doing shit the shouldn't be doing, secret cabals of rich people, cultist canibals, possible shit like that, I'm not interested in le spoopy ghosts or tarot reading thread #200 but they don't bother me much either.
>>
>>18351653
Pretty much.
>>
>>18351444

It's almost like when you get proof, it's no longer paranormal.
>>
>>18352649
That's not necessary true. A ghost might stick around to have a conversation with 1,000 people, doesn't make it any less of a paranormal event now that we have proof without a doubt.
>>
File: hangman3.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hangman3.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>18351444
Anything that isn't direct personal experience in the present moment could be delusional nonsense, hell, even this personally experienced present could be a delusion.

>all evidence points to the contrary
What's "the contrary"?
>>
>>18352671
>What's "the contrary"?

That the universe is what it is and it's all just random and physics has already laid the ground rules for the majority of what's possible.
>>
>>18351444
>refuses to believe the evidence
>comes looking for an argument

Ok, faggot, what evidence do you require?
>>
>>18352681
You don't understand what science does then. Physics hasn't laid any ground rules and it's impossible to tell if modern physics covers "the majority" or practically none of the possibilities.
Science simply describes what we can perceive and measure. Like it's impossible to prove non-existence, it's also impossible to tell how much of "existence" (whatever that may imply) we know of.

Science is not a world view. It does not try to explain the world, and it's probably not capable of doing so. Science only describes.

The physical universe could just as well be a box of Lego in an empty room. You can study the Lego, you can build magnificent structures with it, but you might completely overlook the door leading out of the room, to an entire universe of unknowns. Modern science could just as well be a dead end, overlooking something significant, while concentrating on a narrow band that coincides with our limited senses. Not saying that it is, but it could be a horrible mistake to just claim knowledge when there's no way of telling how much there's still out there.

Some kid is always the king of the playground, but it's still just a playground.
>>
>>18352730
>I want to see actual magic happen you nigger.
>I want to see someone make something move with their mind
>I want to have a run in with an angel or demon
>I want to see a ghost
>I want to explore the astral realms
>I want to have a vision of the future and it actually happen
>I want someone to predict my future and for it to actually happen
>I want to get chased by the jersey devil or Sasquatch

I at the very least that there's evidence of any of this happening; photos, audio, footage, captured creatures, live demonstrations, fucking anything. But it all can be explained and debunked for the most part.

>>18352745
I like the way you put it, and I hope you're right. I never wanted this lego set I was born with.
>>
>>18352764
Only way you'll experience those things is by living. Sitting on your pc every night aint gonna work.

As for pics/audio.. what's the point? You won't believe it's real until you actually see it with your own eyes.

I could tell you what I saw.. but you wouldn't believe me. That's your problem.
>>
>>18351444
dyatlov pass incident
>>
>>18352784
>Only way you'll experience those things is by living. Sitting on your pc every night aint gonna work.
this x100

>>18352764
>I want to see actual magic happen
what do you think that would look like? can you describe it? just curious.
>>
>>18351444
same reason why some people still celebrate Halloween or watch scary movies. For the spooks and interesting stories. The rest of the RP'ers on here (tarot readings, astral projection, AMA's and succubus summoning) can go fuck themselves for all I care.

I've never seen a ghost or been chased by a skinwalker but its fun to read the stories of those who supposedly have, and its especially fun when one floats around that gives me the creeps. Bonus points if that particularly creepy innawoods or random ghost story repeats and throbs in my head as I find myself away from civilization in the dead of night.

>Delusional nonsense and does nothing
That's life my friend. Don't be selective with that quote because it basically applies to our absurd existence in the first place. If you stop at delusional nonsense, then you might as well be dead. Just have fun on this board and avoid the threads you dont like. You might actually enjoy it a bit
>>
>>18352764
>spoonfeedmylazyass.gif
You're already sitting on your ass on the computer you lazy nigger. Look that shit up yourself
>>
I saw a UFO in 2001. It was less than 5 metres away from me and then gf at it's closest point. The encounter lasted 3 or 4 minutes. It was literally a 3ft wide ball of orange light.

We watched it take off from the pathway across the street, rise, stop, navigate around a lamp-post, rise again, stop 30ft up, remain absolutely static for 3 minutes (on a windy night), then head south at 20-30mph in a perfectly straight line.

I can't say what it was. But I can say, with 100% certainty, that it was not a balloon/drone/plane or even mechanical. It was almost see-through, and was definitely 100% either sentient or intelligent.

I have no doubt in my mind that UFOs are real. What they are idk if we'll ever know.
>>
>>18351554
You seem a person who really wants to see, not just laugh at people who claim to have these abilities. I once did a short video of an equipment how I did a telekinesis. It does not prove anything really, but if you want to believe me, I really could move a piece of paper with my mind.

that is just one of many miracles that I have go trough, and I would rather suggest to have own experience, that gives you more than just one video of telekinesis.
>>
>>18352866
>I want evidence
>'2mystic4u nigger xD'
This is how the cornered roleplaying retards defend their magical delusions.
>>
>>18351444
>A whole board dedicated to Pokemon
>Out of all the documentaries, investigations, and studies, there has never been any definite proof of Pokemon
>Whether is be: Pikachu, Ash, PokeBalls, Charizard, etc..
>It's all delusional nonsense and does nothing

So why do you still bother posting here when all the evidence in the world points to the contrary? Are you that stubborn?
>>
>>18353169
Are you comparing pokemon to paranormal? Is this whole board dedicated for roleplay, is that what you're saying?
>>
>>18353174
I'm saying that no-one goes up to a Trekkie and asks, "You don't believe that stuff is real do you?" because that would be absurd.

It's about suspension of disbelief. We can still enjoy the stories, emotions and thoughts that revolve around this topic regardless of having made a decision about it's veracity.

It might be real. It might not. The question has bounced around here for almost a decade and we'll likely never get any closer to a conclusion either way. So let's just drop it and enjoy the topic for what it is.
>>
>>18352663

Not really. Two thousand years ago, lightning was "paranormal". Now we understand what it is and it's just a natural phenomenon.
>>
>>18351444
For the lulz.
There is some fun stuff on this board and browsing it doesn't mean one believes in the supernatural.
>>
>>18353160
Let's review what would be required to attain the evidence needed that >>18352866 was replying to

>I want to see actual magic happen you nigger.
Requires being at and possibly participating in a ritual. Can't do over internet as
a. videos and pictures can be easily modified
b. if the ritual required sensation that was not visual or auditory the subject would not feel the effects.

>I want to see someone make something move with their mind
Again, would require being there with the person. Video and images can be modified, being there in person would also allow for the anon to check its legitimacy

>I want to have a run in with an angel or demon
Requires being there (wherever this experience happens) in person.

>I want to see a ghost
Best chance is to visit areas famous for ghost encounters which would require being there in person to experience the ghostly phenomenon

>I want to explore the astral realms
Needs training and practice to do this themselves (assuming it's possible/real)

>I want to have a vision of the future and it actually happen
Needs practice in "seeing the future" assuming it's a skill that can be taught to anyone.

>I want someone to predict my future and for it to actually happen
Needs to go out and talk to possible psychics. I wouldn't trust the divination general crowd to give accurate results considering they're mostly trying to practice in that thread (though that does reinforce the idea that it's a teachable skill).

>I want to get chased by the jersey devil or Sasquatch
Requires going out into suspected areas and seeking out the Jersey Devil or Sasquatch.

These fucking things can't be experienced over the internet for people who want "proof." If someone really wants proof about the paranormal or a paranormal experience they'll have to go get it themselves. All we have here at best is anecdotal evidence. Take everything you read on this board with a grain of salt, and just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>18353193
>equires being at and possibly participating in a ritual. Can't do over internet as
/pol/ would disagree strongly.
>>
>>18353752
/pol/ is purely a meme.
>>
>>18353961
Memes made Donald Trump the president of the United States.
>>
>>18353752
While I see your point I'm assuming the average skeptic would rely more on their sense experience to determine some validity, then go on to reason away possible causes until it's categorized as either a paranormal experience or they figured out a trick and can duplicate that.
Memeing trump into the presidency isn't something that can be definitively checked back to the source of the memes.
>>
>>18353160
>cornered retards
No I'm just pointing out that you're not the first faggot floating into this board demanding evidence of paranormal be served to them. I get this whole thread is bait but I'll bite. If you don't believe that's cool. No amount of evidence served to you is or ever will be sufficient so we can just agree that everything on here is fake and move on. You've already stated your stance and now that you've decided what you believe in, you're obviously not going to be moved. So tell me again the point of this thread other than to condescend to everyone?
>>
File: 1463922280435.png (595KB, 976x3270px) Image search: [Google]
1463922280435.png
595KB, 976x3270px
>>18351444
think back to the dark ages OP when everyone thought the world was flat "We're the center of the universe and the world is flat, all the evidence points to it". However a few people 'crazy' enough to doubt those claims found the truth. The same might happen here in years to come

"Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so"- Galileo
>>
>>18351444
>Out of all the documentaries, investigations, and studies, there has never been any definite proof of anything paranormal.
Good. That's the way I want it to stay so long as humanity remains this evil.
>>
>>18353967
one thing that Hilary did not have
>>
>>18351554
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. your philosophy"

I used to be like you, I was raised religious and always had an interest in paranormal stuff, but when I was in 7th grade I became an atheist and thought things like that were silly because there is no proof.
This is going to sound like a meme, but the turning point for me was when I [spoiler]did shrooms[/spoiler]. I didn't take enough to trip but it really did broaden my mind and made me more open to other ways of thinking. I started getting into paganism and "magic" then, and after putting aside all skepticism it became really easy to believe. It wasn't logical, it's not logical, but that doesn't really matter to me.
I'm a christian now, and I see just how awesome in the traditional sense of the word his creation is. We are ants in dirt, there is no possible way for us to comprehend his majesty. Some of his creation will not make sense to us because we have a single piece of a billion peice puzzle. Accepting that not everything needs absolute proof to be believed is just a hurdle to overcome. Once you do that you'll be able to feel a presence or a greater force when you do things like worship, you will feel like somthing is there behind everything.
>>
>>18355566

What a gay fucking image

I don't know why this makes me so mad
>>
>>18351444
some people are more likely to believe in first hand experience rather than what Dawkins said. how do you prove that a hallucination exists? yet they still experienced it with all the senses they experience "normal" reality with. they can look to the studies but if they adopt there beliefs based on those i'd argue that's more stubborn and more sheepish considering they've had the proof handed to them on a silver platter already.
>>
>>18355811
You're absolutely right.

Your bullshit is a meme.

>Hurr durr I did drugs. Now I'm a wizard! Weee! Muh spirit molecules!
A fucking trip is not a spiritual experience. It's just your brain being flooded with poison.
>>
>>18353967
No, Clinton getting exposed as a snake made Trump president.

If it was between Clinton and a dog shit America would have another brown-skinned president right now.
>>
>>18353967
>>18355930
Actually, you're both fucking wrong. Massive election fraud and a seditious FBI working in collusion with the many agents of the russian government made orangutanfag president. And he STILL fucking lost the popular vote.
>>
>>18355942
>russia
>fbi

Fuck off, Hillary. We know it's you. You lost. Back to the Clinton Foundation for you.
>>
>>18355942
How is it Russias fault?

Dis gon be good.
>>
Over the years there have been a handful of threads which have presented things quite paranormal in nature. They are very very rare, but on the other hand- so are things which are paranormal.
>>
>>18351444
I'm sure people said the same thing about gorillas in the early days of America, but then whoa fuck, they're real and we have photographic proof, back when that's all was needed. Short of starting a fucking ghost zoo, no one will ever believe in things like ghosts despite evidence in their favor.

It's a fallacy, even if Penn Gillette doesn't want to admit it. If you went out literally every day into the woods looking for a bear, you statistically wouldn't find one except every 5000th time or so. Does that mean bears don't exist? No. Does that mean being a bear expert is any more relevant than studying the Unknown, only just [spoiler]bearly[/spoiler]
>>
File: welles.jpg (2MB, 1860x2306px) Image search: [Google]
welles.jpg
2MB, 1860x2306px
OP we have a metric fuckton of photos and videos of ghosts at this point, along with uncountable eyewitness encounters.

I consider ghosts a settled thing, honestly. They're real. That's something /x/ for you.
>>
>>18355821
the pic is unrelated to the statement. I'm not sure why it makes you so angry.
>>
>>18355947
I don't support republicans lite. Sorry.
>>
File: 1472480912254.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1472480912254.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>18355942
This should be good.

Explain further anon
>>
>>18356002
>we have a metric fuckton of photos and videos of ghosts at this point
ya, and they're all fake and gay.
>>
>>18356095
like global warming?
>>
>>18356064
he can't. he's basing his claims off of hillary's batshit russian conspiracy theory while disregarding wikileaks proving election fraud on the democrats side.
>>
>>18351444
This is a great way to get in a circular argument with retards
>>
>>18356103
that's right.
>>
>>18351444
>/x/
>evidence

What never matters?
>>
>>18356105
Yeah I knew he couldn't. All the Hillary loving sjw's need to fuck off, Trump won a fair election and was the better of the two candidate's in my own opinion.
>>
There are a surprising amount of things we accept as true even if they can't be proven. Like the theory of evolution or the holocaust.
>>
File: x_rules.png (2KB, 387x95px) Image search: [Google]
x_rules.png
2KB, 387x95px
>A whole board dedicated to the Paranormal

Wrong. Read the rules or fuck off.

This is a board for creepy fiction. The only reason it's titled "paranormal" is to assist in the suspension of disbelief for purposes of enjoyment, that's it.
>>
>>18353183
First you compare paranormal to pokemon and now you're comparing the summoners and sorcerers of /x/ to trekkies.
>>
>>18356105
>>18356143
>Hillary's conspiracy theories

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a50738/russia-wikileaks-2016-election/

Trumpliars should be executed as enemies of the people.
>>
>>18357082
Cool propaganda bro.
>>
>>18357094
No it isn't. You need to quit it.
>>
>>18357102
No, Trump won already. CTR shills needs to quit.
>>
>>18351444

Yes, I'm that stubborn.
>>
>>18352663
Yes it is you fucking retard. As soon as something. Is proven it instantaneously jumps from the paranormal category tof the normal category. God people like you piss me off so much with how dumb you are
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.