[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you gotten a psychic reading before? How was it? Are psychics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 10.jpg (19KB, 197x342px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
19KB, 197x342px
Have you gotten a psychic reading before? How was it? Are psychics bullshitters or real?
>>
>>18350055
got a lot of readings because i was always interested in the paranormal even got readings from people with good reviews that i spent money for and it was all just like general stuff?

i never ever met a genuine psychic or tarot reader neither on 4chan, reddit, real life or etsy who actually convinced me
>>
>>18350055
As a Christian I believe that psychics/mediums can be real.
Some are just scam artists using cold reading to make an easy buck.

In the Bible it mentions a medium that was able to see the future or see things that they normally wouldn't be able to see.
And they do this with the help of demons.
Either the demon is able to work with other demons/possessed people to make a "prediction" happen or through communication with other demons they tell the medium something he/she would have no way of knowing otherwise.

But demons are evil and I'm not a godless heathen so I'll never pay one of those soothniggers a dime.
>>
My Sister had several free readings from a family "friend" that worked as a "professional" psychic. I listened to the tape recordings.

Even though I was only 15 at the time, I knew then that it was bullshit.

>sees you have dark hair
>"hmmm i have an elderly lady here with dark hair and an N in her name.."
>".. no? Ok, how bout an S..?"
>".. a B maybe..?"
>".. L..?"

It was typical cold-reading and general statements that could apply to anyone/everyone.

Watch Derren Brown's programs on how to be a psychic, and how to be an evangelist healer. He exposes the cons and methods.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mqtJnrv3MU
>>
>>18350076
Many systems of belief claim that angels might also speak through the tarot and other divination methods.
>>
>>18350086
Not Christianity.

At least not Biblical Christianity.
>>
TV Psychics have been exposed a few times in the UK. Derek Acorah was fed false information by producers on a Ghosthunt show, then pretended a ghost told him the same info. Another dude called Ogilvy turned up at a random couples house for a show, then had a convo with their dead Son. He knew his name, dob, how the Son died etc. This was pre-internet. Ogilvy admitted years later it was all a fraud, and that a team of researchers had fed him the info.

I do think "premonition" exists in some form. We don't know enough about reality to completely rule-out anything.
>>
File: 1479602363079.png (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1479602363079.png
7KB, 251x201px
>>18350055
My psychic told me that at the end of the reading I would be $40 poorer and she was right!
>>
As a practitioner of the Tarot, I am definitely a believer.
>>
My Mother visited a psychic before I were born. The psychic said I'd either be a pro footballer, or I'd be in the public eye, = famous.

I'm not a pro footballer.

Nor am I famous.

Just about sums it up I reckon..
>>
>>18350055
I went to a clairvoyance course ( I know, shush ) as something to take my mind off a really awful breakup. It was really fun like, great meeting so many like minded people in my old town. When we were on tarot week, which lasted 2 weeks, our tutor told us she never reads reversed cards. Her explanation was that, if someone is paying for a reading, they're most likely at an awful place and clutching at straws -they don't want to her what they already know. Essentially, paying for any form of divination is bullshit, but there's some sense in doing it for yourself (tapping into your subconscious to work through an issue and suchlike)
>>
I do divination for myself on my own
>>
I worked with a medical clairvoyant over skype. He pretty much nailed my diagnosis, including some things I didn't know were problems at the time, and the herbs he prescribed worked far better than the medication I'd been given by regular doctors.

He also did long distance energy healing, which was a lot more intense than I expected. Felt like being wrapped in a thick cloud of warm static, if that makes sense. Very powerful, tangible sensation, and I felt amazing afterwards.
>>
The Tarot is simply a tool to communicate with your subconscious.

The advanced level shiz of this is using it to communicate with the collective subconscious... but even if you don't believe in that part of it, it's still a useful psychological tool.
>>
My mom did before she met my dad, the psychic told her that she would meet my dad and have a child with him, and she even stated my dads real name, as told by my mother.
>>
Yeah, I did. It was done with tarot card reading; I was told that I was destined for greatness and that my sheer majesty eclipsed everything they could ever hope to divine. I didn't pay anything and they closed up afterwards.

It's all bullshit, OP, don't worry about it. I'm apparently destined to be the greatest human being in all of history. Feel free to write me a letter telling me that I'm wrong if this ever becomes true, for reference my name is Vincent Moulin.

Spoiler alert: it won't.
>>
>>18350055
Yes, I've recieved psychic readings. Bastards were so spot on it scares you at first.
Now I do tarot readings on my own, yes, I tend to be very spot on
>>
>>18350055
the vast majority of them are frauds, buy that doesn't mean what they are doing has no effect. a lot of them mimic the practices of true psychics, but because most of them have no idea of what they are doing, your mileage may vary out of what your get from them and how meaningful and relevant their counsel is to you.
>>
>>18350421
has she been telling you that story your whole life? if so, what a complete bitch.
>>
Should I just use the cards on myself or bite the bullet and go to a psychic? I was reading up on some in my area and I felt a "connection" with one (she was hot though so I could have just fancied her). I had intense lucid dreaming that night I was researching her/psychics in the area. I even got dubs in my OP (Im OP of this thread).

$150 for an hour and a quarter though.
>>
>>18351686

AND I just opened another image board and the first image I saw immediately after making this post was of tarot cards
>>
>>18350963
Who, my Mum? Nah, just the once. I think it was my sister that told me the story, then I asked mum if it was true.

Fyi, my Mums dead, so call her a bitch if you like. She heard you fyi I hope she fuckin haunts you and hides your keys or some shit.

Go get him, Mom!
>>
>>18350537
That's messed up as someone who studies the tarot you can't limit yourself to half of the possible outcomes. And anyways not all reversed cards are "bad"
>>
>>18350057
It's because fortune telling is bullshit. You're not going to get your future told in randomly selected cards.

That said, tarot can be useful. It can give you a perspective (that may or may not be accurate) that you may not have come up with on your own - or maybe you didn't but didn't want to think about.

I think it's usually best to do it yourself since you won't necessarily know what someone else's motivations are, nor will they have any insight into your situation if they're a stranger.

But I have done readings for other people (not for money - I think that's very questionable ethically) that were successful because we treated it more like a two-way conversation. The cards operated more like prompts that gave me questions to ask them and they opened up about their situation. It worked more like therapy. I would admit up front that this wasn't a matter of being psychic but me just using cards to help them figure out their issues, but at least one person walked convinced I was psychic anyway despite me pointing out that I just asked general questions and they gave me all the answers themselves.

So yeah...fraud like fortune tellers are a two way street - it takes a bullshit artist to claim it and a gullible, naive person to swallow it up. Sometimes I'm not sure who is more to blame.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.