[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag here. I assume this has been brought up countless times,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: ouija-970x545.jpg (207KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
ouija-970x545.jpg
207KB, 970x545px
newfag here. I assume this has been brought up countless times, but I checked the catalog and saw nothing about it.

What's up with ouija? How can anybody even belive it is remotely credible and not just people moving to the letters themselves? I just don't get it.
>>
>>18349467
>How can anybody even belive it is remotely credible and not just people moving to the letters themselves? I just don't get it.

Troll starts thread about something he wants to rail against.
>>
>>18349468
no, I just legitimately don't get it and want to understand. Seriously.
>>
File: 1467267048874.jpg (155KB, 1000x945px) Image search: [Google]
1467267048874.jpg
155KB, 1000x945px
>>18349469
>>
>>18349473
you really want me to be a troll, don't you? Alright, let me rephrase my question: How does ouija actually work IF it's not just people moving their hands?
>>
Can it be done alone? Seems like that would prove to the user it is real.
>>
File: 1429537325535.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429537325535.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>18349478
Sees people's hands on something, the thing moves, wants other to say the people and their hands had nothing to do with it so he can scream about it.
>>
contacting the subconscious mind is basically contacting the demiurge
>>
I played with one a ton in 7th grade. In retrospect we were totally moving it.
>>
File: OneTonAndFather.jpg (136KB, 864x591px) Image search: [Google]
OneTonAndFather.jpg
136KB, 864x591px
>>18349517
>I played with one a ton in 7th grade
>>
File: legendcurry-xlarge.jpg (57KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
legendcurry-xlarge.jpg
57KB, 1280x721px
my sis and i played with a few we had come across When we where young prob 7(me) …10(her) range. Im oldfag so dont remember ages well it all blurrs together.

I know for a fact I never moved it. Sister claims to this day she never did. Not sure I believe her, I thonk she did.
However, I will tell you this.
we played daily for awhile and usually just boring replys so it was fun.

The last day, under this old huge oak tree out in field we had been talking to "something" for a long time, Friendly and funny. Finaly we asked its name so we could talk another day...
S…
A…
T…
A…
N…

Sister let go and never touched it again and never went near that tree again ethier.
>>
>>18349473
>>18349468
Oh shit op, looks like you upset a roleplayer
>>
It's ironic that the inventor, William Fuld, fell to his death from the roof of the factory where they made his Ouija boards. I wonder if any of his family used one to try and contact him afterwards?
>>
>>18349467

Here we go OP - Ouija boards - or talking/spirit boards as they were earlier known - gained credibility because they were correct often enough.

That is the simplest and shortest answer for you.

As to HOW they work, its not for certain.

Even if the board only acts as a removal of inhibitions so that the psychic or intuitive instinct of a person can shine - its working.

Even if my fingers move the piece what matters is whether its giving me information I could not have otherwise gotten.

So, to sum up.

Boards are credible because they're right.
Nobody is certain how boards work.

Ideomotor effect is a quick wiki that will explain plain movement for you but not some of the answers a board can give according to witnesses.
>>
I work at a toys r us. We sell ouaji boards.

They require two AA battaries. If that doesnt tell you enough right there, then you are beyond saving.
>>
>>18349467
ideomotor effect
>>
>>18349906
Since when did ouija boards start needing batteries?! The ones I know of are just boards with the ouija decal laminated on, and a planchette with a little, overly-losable, metal spike thing that goes in said planchette.

What do the batts power, some kind of light-up thing? Or did they really go for full "no-fail" mode by putting a motor in the planchette itself?
>>
>>18349489
The fact that you're not giving him a reason, just proves his scepticism
>>
>>18349961
Hell is running out of juice.
>>
What if you put a gorilla's hands on it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.