[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear a disembodied voice all the time, every day. Says my name,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: hearing_voices_by_ixenn-d5sv47y.jpg (143KB, 769x1039px) Image search: [Google]
hearing_voices_by_ixenn-d5sv47y.jpg
143KB, 769x1039px
I hear a disembodied voice all the time, every day. Says my name, that's all.

I have heard that some people hear voices telling them to do bad things. Why do I "hallucinate" a voice that only says my name?

What is this phenomenon from a psychological perspective?

I have been hit on the left side of my head (where the auditory section of the brain is) so maybe I hear a voice from hitting my head. Thoughts?

Is it possible for people to create tulpas as a response to situations so they can survive?
>>
>>18339635
Why do people call your name irl?
To divert your current attention and focus it elsewhere.
>>
>>18339643
but this is a disembodied voice, not a person IRL.
>>
Does it tell you not to fuck babies? Because, that is what my voice is trying to tell you. Real life shit though, I heard my cat talking on a big trip.
>>
>>18339687
when you get home from high school, can you not go on 4chan? It's 18+ onlyl.
>>
>>18339635

Is it your mom?
Waking you up to go to school?
>>
>>18339714
no
>>
>>18339714
>>18339687
now everyone, take note of the shills. their agenda is strange. they might be pretending to be immature, sure, but they're really following an agenda.
>>
>>18339635
ask an actual medical professional. you'll mostly get extreme retardation here.
>>
>>18339757
I tried but all they say is "muh schizophrenia" and that I have repressed emotions or something. they're the most retarded if they think I'll believe their bullshit.

do you know how many doctors wrongfully prescribe medications to their patients? that shit is paranormal in itself.
>>
>>18339779
Maybe it is a ghost, I have heard my name said as well. One other girl I talked to had the same experience.
>>
>>18339737
Elaborate please. I've noticed something like this aswell.
>>
>>18339779
bro........

hearing voices, specifically your name, when no one is actually calling them...

is an early sign of schizophrenia.

it doesnt just happen. It slowly onsets, first with shit like just hearing your name. And then it will get more and more extreme.

I mean, I dont know, maybe schizophrenia doesnt exist, maybe it is aliens trying to communicate with you. Shit like that is a normal thing to believe when you have schizophrenia. Also, the open mindedness to think "well, i dont KNOW that its not the aliens and that it is just my mind" can cause certain people to get trapped in disfunctional thought patterns.

lay off the acid, it will only worsen this.
>>
I just hear shit like screams of family members and the occasional "youre in hell" type stuff. I cant hear a god type voice but I try to focus on listening for/making one. until then, this shit is taxing. Its just like someone yelling in your ear. tupla or god, I just hope this bullshit passes and I get some positive reinforcement that isnt going to lead me into killing people and such.
>>
>>18339635

You need to find your self.

Wake up.
>>
Saw a shadow person once.

That was scary.
>>
File: 1478075925173.png (561KB, 553x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1478075925173.png
561KB, 553x1099px
>>18340309
Shills typically have a few goals:
-discourage 4chan users
-distract 4chan users
-change the perception of what is normal on 4chan by posting stupid shit on 4chan pretending like they arent a shill.

luckily anyone who has been a 4chan user for a while can easily tell if other users are actually 4chan users or are newfags. And in the chaos of 4chan, agendas are pretty clear, shill or not, and people are always looking out for them.

shills dont realize the equality of everyone being anonymous doesnt mean that every post is equally valuable. It means that every post will be subjected to equal scrutiny, and HEAVY scrutiny, and since most shill tactics are dishonest, they will be found out.
>>
I'd continue seeking medical professional help, like a neurologist. Get an MRI, find someone who knows their shit, because 4chan will give you nothing (which I am sorry but it's the truth).

Best I can give you is that schizophrenia is not caused by head trauma, its genetics. You could be having auditory hallucinations, but there are so many factors needed to be known for a doctor or anyone here to know what is wrong.

Age, Family Mental-Health History, Genetics, etc.
>>
I'm talking a learning psychology class and when people bring up 'voices it makes me think of the Piaget theory"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_speech

Piaget studied child development and observed most children talk to themselves, as we learn social boundaries we slowly internalize that somatic content.

people flip out but people 'hear voices' all the time, like your mom's voice telling you to not drive like an asshole and hit pedestrians,

I've heard that the issue with Schizophrenia is on a cognitive level a problem of attribution. People with tat disorder fail to recognize the voice inside their head is themselves and instead attribute it to some external source i.e. god is talking to you, CIA mind control, etc. this is usualy confounded by a variety of other problems, ex. magical thinking, paranoia, congnative bias and explanatory styles etc.

Just to be clear,
you are talking to yourself,
that's the test of sanity.
>>
>>18339635
Yo why is the priest monster fingering a sky pussy
>>
>>18341017

Disagree with you about Voices.

It is Auditory, as in a speaker near your ear but a toned accordingly I know most cases are different but mine do it in a way so as not to scare or startle me, they are complimentary to what I am doing they emanate from an external source, too intelligent and insightful to be a Brain Imbalance, how could it be so uniquely crafted and beautiful? I studied Psychiatry and wondered for years what it would be like experiences voices so I have experienced both Parallels.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.