[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've experienced an odd phenomenon for a while that I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1479227920053.jpg (112KB, 2048x1582px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479227920053.jpg
112KB, 2048x1582px
I've experienced an odd phenomenon for a while that I've always mostly ignored, but I get it often, even many times a day.
It's difficult to explain but I'll try.
Something will happen, sort of like deja vu, I will remember that I knew this was going to happen, almost like I dreamt it a long time ago, but I didn't even remember that i dreamt it until it actually happened. It'll range from bigger events to just everyday things or sentences. I can't tell if maybe I did know or if my memory is jankety and just processes my experience as if it already happened, who knows, was curious if anyone can relate though.
>>
I've had this happen a few times. Can't really explain but I imagine is just some brain shit
>>
>>18337152
I have the same exact problem.
For example, I was in a lecture two days ago and there was a moment when there was a guy who just tapped my shoulder to ask a question and at that moment, everything clicked, and it was deja vu, from a dream I don't even remember.

Is it something like this?
>>
>>18337152
nice tulsa skyline dude
>>
I've had the same thing happen to me as well. I wonder if there is a common denominator between us all that could answer the question.
>>
Could be Derealization
>>
deja reve
>>
>>18337152
22 amerifag here, this has been happening to me throughout my life. Any ideas for common factors that could account for the experiences you, I, and others in this thread have?
>>
Happens to me everyday....
>>
>>18337152
same here
>>
OP here, I'm guessing my experiences you all mean other odd things that have happened?
Let's see, my parents told me that when I was a kid I knew things about people I shouldnt, she never talked about it, hadn't been brought up in many years, ect. I was little though and don't remember, so maybe she said things and forgot and I overheard or something. But my family has a bit of history in paranormal experiences and premonitions, or so they tell me.
I've posted on here about a haunted house experience I've had, everyone who lived with me heard things or had things happen that were weird, but me the most who saw a shadow person watching me several times, when I'd see it, it would seem surprised that I see it and it would duck and hide, only for nothing to be there. This is the only place I've seen a ghost so it's pretty isolated.
After my ghost experience there was a time I wanted to see if more shit was potentially real and I had some crazy hallucinations. I tried to see my aura, I stared at my hand and saw black viscous looking liquid around my hand, then after starting at it for awhile, I saw what appeared to be like static on a TV across my vision, I tried to focus on the static and all the sudden it turned into light all around my room, detailed, like I had a universe of stars in my room, or even little fireflies.I'd say that's for sure the craziest thing I've seen and by far the most likely that I just got myself to hallucinate some how.
>>
>>18339007
>Continued
Also there was this time I went into a house and the second I passed the door frame I got this weird feeling, got very dizzy and almost passed out, when I asked what was up that I'd get so messed up in this place, it felt like being in the room was causing it, they said the only thing they had done was cleanse the house with sage, as far as I'm aware I've never had an issue with sage and I've never heard of that happening but it was pretty weird.
But yeah, besides those incidents, I don't see or hear things but I suppose I have more than average person
>>
File: PicsArt_11-13-05.20.38.jpg (12KB, 205x234px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_11-13-05.20.38.jpg
12KB, 205x234px
>>18337152
I have the same fucking phenomenon happen to me every so often
>>
I have an experience like this deja vu thing all the time, but when I was a little kid, there were times when I knew that it wasn't just deja vu. I had remembered the dreams and knew what was going to happen sometimes.

>>18339007
>OP here, I'm guessing my experiences you all mean other odd things that have happened?
So many weird, seemingly paranormal things have happened to me that I have a hard time remembering them all. In elementary school, I would hear voices, imitating the voices of people around me, say things that I couldn't know, and when I asked the people whose voices they were what they said or why they said it, they would always reply with "I didn't say anything."

Also, I had one of those toy trucks that lit up and said things when I pressed buttons. At night, though, when I was trying to sleep, it would always say, "Are you scared yet?" I still don't know why, and I'm not sure I want to know. I think we ended up selling it at a yard sale.

I know that's just scratching the surface, but it's everything interesting that I can remember right now.

Now I have a question to pose about everyone else who experiences such things: What's your personality type?
>>
>>18337180
I know exactly what you're talking about
I usually stop midsentence and alert whomever I'm speaking with that we've been here before doing this exact thing, exactly like this and even that noticing ties into the insanely obvious feeling that it's already happened
time is a flat circle
we're doing loops m8
sometimes it's more obvious
>>
>>18339107
I am this anon here
>>18338300
According to the jung-myers test I am an ENFP, Extrovert-Intuitive-Feeling-Percieving type.
>>
Look into simulated universe. Literally what you experience are small hiccups in code. Sometimes small changes, sometimes large changes. Most large changes are done when big world changing events happen. The last update was made on November 9th 2016. Did you have the same experience on that date?
>>
Tuesday November 9th 2016
>>
>>18337180
This used to happen to me, more much often when I was a child, hardly at all in recent years. In my case, I remember the dreams, so I have about 3 seconds where I know what's going to happen next, but am powerless to change it (like an actor who has to go through the scene).

Three examples:
- As a child, I was due to visit a friends house for the first time, I'd never seen it or met his Mum before. I had a dream about what it would be like the night before. In the dream, his front door connected to a long hallway that went straight ahead, the end of which was his kitchen, his Mum was there doing washing up in the sink (she was blonde and turned to greet me and smiled), sunlight was streaming in through a window behind her. Sure enough, the next day everything played out as I had seen in the dream.

- Again as a child, I was getting changed for bed in front of a TV, recognised the setup from a dream, and I knew from the dream that a white & red steamboat was going to come on the TV. A few seconds later, the steamboat was shown on the TV.

- As an adult, I had a dream where I was working at a messy desk, in a crappy office, and was talking to a fat old man wearing blue overalls (standing beside my desk). The dream stayed with me as I remember waking up and thinking what the fuck was that about? (the oddness of the guy in overalls in the office environment). A few years later I was working in my first engineering job, in a shitty small company, when one of the guys off the workshop floor came to the office to talk to me at my desk. Everything clicked into place, and the odd scenario from my dream was suddenly reality.

It always happens at pointless moments that don't matter, but even so, trying to do something to break the link, to make the dream and reality different, never works (e.g. randomly throwing something or sitting still and refusing to do anything) - these bits of "oddness" also happen in the dreams but you don't remember them until you do them.
>>
We experience time all at once.

Flat circle.
>>
>>18337152
It's deja vous from a Groundhog Day effect. You had the same thing happen to you a few times and your brain briefly short circuits while figuring out what's going on.
>>
>>18341210
Fuuck, glad i'm not the only one. Dreams like these has happend to me a lot and sometimes i wonder if i'm just crazy.
>>
>>18341225
Nah, it's not craziness, but there's every possibility that it's just our brains having momentary fuck ups in processing sensory input, and making up false memories to compensate.
>>
File: castle.jpg (1MB, 2628x1752px) Image search: [Google]
castle.jpg
1MB, 2628x1752px
>>18337152
That's what I assume to be deja vu. Happened to me mostly during childhood.
I remember in elementary school, I fought this kid because whatever reason. We were on the floor, and it felt like the floor was angled. And I remembered it as if it were a dream I once had.
It happened many times before and after that, it's just one occurrence that stuck with me.
The most recent one I can remember, where I said "now, this is weird", was when I was 12-13, on a trip to Europe with my dad. We were sitting inside the rented car, me in the back seat, in a parking lot in Liechtenstein. My dad was telling me about the castle that was outside the window, and all I could think of was "I've experienced this already. I remember sitting in a car, seeing the castle, and hearing my dad."
I mean, I could let normal locations and everyday stuff slide, but sitting in a parking lot in a different country, while looking at a castle? That's unlikely to have happened.

I want to say I don't have these things anymore, but I remembered that from time to time, I'll experience a conversation, and I'll know "This is the part I told the other person I'm having a deja vu". Then I don't say anything about it and after a few minutes I'd forget about it.

Maybe those are just dream? I really don't know. I used to have fucked up dreams as a kid. I had dreams where I was literally losing my mind. I would wake up crying on the toilet, with my mom near by. Years later she told me screaming kids in the street remind her of my nightmares. So my nightmares and dreams had a large role during my childhood, and I always assumed deja vus were real things that I dreamed about before. Hell, I have a vivid memory of my mom forgetting to pull up the handbrake while she got out, and the car rolling down an angled street backwards. To this day, I still don't know if that really happened or if it were a dream.
>>
>>18341303
>cont
And as an adult, when I do get a dream, it's likely to be a repeating dream, where I know how everything is supposed to roll out, because I've already had that dream, and I can choose to either reenact it, or cut to the point. Kind of like having a dream deja vu, but at least then it makes sense, because it's all in my mind, and it makes sense my brain would run the same dream several times.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-17-15-45-00.png (290KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-17-15-45-00.png
290KB, 720x1280px
Happens to me too
>>18341160
>>18337152
>>
It's like an extended version of dejavu. Over the last year I've been able to add the sense of touch to the possible things I can foresee. So far I usually have a combination of sight, sound, thought, touch (I learned them in that order). If the dejavu didn't include sound usually it's just an image else it lasts for a good 1 or 2 seconds.

When I was a kid I used to always say "I just had dejavu." Then that phrase was appended to my dejavu (started foreseeing saying that along with the dejavu).

My current theory on increasing your chance of this occurring is made up of two parts. Part one is that you have to go outside into the real world. If you stay at home 24/7 you won't get dejavu (at least not that often). I believe this is because if you after experiencing the same things everyday your brain will treat these as a normal memory of what you did on a previous day. The second part is what actually increases the chance of dejavu (where the first part sets up an environment for it to exist). You essentially need to just dream more. Keeping a dream journal can fulfill this step.

Part 1 and part 2 work together to make sure your brain at last subconsciously remembers this dejavu. Part 1 makes sure your brain doesn't dump out the dejavu and part 2 helps you not forget the dejavu before you wake up.
>>
>>18341541
Oh yeah. If you make a dream journal also record your dejavu in them. If you are too lazy to use an actual journal you need to focus on the experience a for a little while and recall the whole thing (this method is not as good as am actual journal but it should still work).
>>
>>18341212
yass slay gurl
>>
>>18337152
I frequently experience the same phenomenon, but half of the time I will remember that I dreamt it or thought it in a subconscious state (daydreaming) if you happen to find any more information I frequently read this board, so address me Evxn?
>>
It's simple really...if we believe in quantum theory and that time happens all at once and not in a continuum, then you have access to these future memories as well. Buddha didn't learn all of the information in the universe he simply allowed himself access to all the universe in one instant. Omnipotence isn't becoming a god, it is just understanding the illusions of the world.
>>
>>18341160
>>18341497
>ENFP
>INFP
Interesting. I'm an INTP. The three of us have xNxP in common.

Can anyone that experiences these things tell me if N and/or P isn't in your personality type?
>>
>>18341714
OP here, I'm ENTP
>>
I have this exact feeling sometimes too. I think it is just a form of deja vu, and the feeling of having dreamt what is happening is your brain trying to make sense of it perhaps?

>>18341714
I'm also INTP, if you really think that is related at all.
>>
>>18341603
>>18341212
Makes sense enough
>>
>>18341202
Unfortunately I don't keep track, but some people on the thread recommended to keep track like a dream journal, maybe ill have to do that
>>
>>18341727
Considering five of us in this thread have said we're xNxP's, I think it's probably related somehow. Scientifically, we are too small of sample size to be certain, though, and I can't be certain how many people are actually posting in this thread, so I can't get a real percent value.
>>
>>18341745
INT P/J here
>>
>>18342011
forgot to mention I can experience this too.
>>
>>18341745
Since 4chan is a terrible medium for polling and strawpoll won't let me ask multiple question, let's try this thing:
https://PollEv.com/surveys/ZOOvXSRO6/web

Not sure how well this will work.
>>
>>18337152
This has happened a few times to me. Sometimes so accurate that I was sure I had already experienced something, and just forgot about it, but when I talked to others about it they were sure it hadn't happened before. Pisses me off, because I get a feeling I'm reliving the same life and remembering fragments of it. I don't want this to be true.
>>
>>18337152

Yeah,it usually happens with images when everything is perfectly in place

I am glad I am not the only one
>>
>>18342033
Yeah sometimes I can't tell weather I've literally had the same conversation with people before, and for a minute I wonder of we've talked about it before and I just forgot, people do that sometimes you know? They forget they've already told you a story or something, so now I never know whether it's this deja vu type thing or weather I actually have talked about something before, which makes it waaaaay more confusing than it should be sometimes since it happens so often.
>>
I experience this too. It's like nostalgia for something that never happened. Most of the times it seems like a very misty dream, or somewhere I've really been to but cant distinguish if in this life or other, and as soon as I start paying attention to it everything fades and goes.
>>
Its youre dreaming and an image pops up, and then a few days later or even months that image is real
>>
INTJ/INTP here, I also experience this kind of deja vu sometimes, but mostly I don't dream about it, I see or know something and seconds later/days later it happens exactly the same way as I foresaw. Thing is, these are small things, not big occurrences in my life, and I forget about them until they happen.
>>
>>18342024
So far, the three of us that have taken this survey are all INTPs. Non-INTPs have posted in this thread, though, so maybe INTPs just have a greater inclination to fill out surveys.

Interesting enough, though, there has not been a single person in this thread that has claimed to NOT be an xNxP.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.