[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.adultswim.com/etcetera/f ps Ok so what the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 15

File: prison.png (553KB, 1767x988px) Image search: [Google]
prison.png
553KB, 1767x988px
http://www.adultswim.com/etcetera/fps

Ok so what the fuck is this

Adult Swim released a game today, and it's a little fucked up.
Go through the cutscene at the beginning and then walk into the house. You'll see a guy on a couch. If you shoot him some creepy shit happens and you end up in jail, and this jail is pretty fucking unsettling and has some spooky music.

Just play it for yourself, I haven't explored much of it yet. There's some sort of elevator glitch that gets you out of your cell in the prison.

Pic related. the prison.
>>
File: guy.png (897KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
897KB, 1920x1080px
here's the guy on the couch
not much else to do other than shoot him and go to jail
>>
File: guy.png (749KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
749KB, 1920x1080px
There's an elevator glitch on the trees in the backyard, gonna explore the scenery now.
>>
File: guy.png (612KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
612KB, 1920x1080px
You just clip through all the houses, kinda disappointing.
I'll keep exploring.
>>
File: guy.png (719KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
719KB, 1920x1080px
Nothing out here, and I wasted all my ammo. gonna restart now.
>>
File: guy.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
This is the tree where the elevator glitch works on btw, you just kinda run up it.
>>
guy.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
pic of elevator glitch

I'm surprised this is getting no responses. I'm a little upset you guys aren't picking this up yet :(.
>>
guy.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
There's an upper part to this house, so I'm gonna try to use the elevator to access it, since it isn't accessible from the inside.
>>
File: guy.png (780KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
780KB, 1920x1080px
so glitchy
>>
File: guy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
when you shoot the guy it does this really dramatic cutscene, it's pretty weird and drawn out honestly.
>>
File: guy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
opening is pretty dumb
>>
File: guy.png (897KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
897KB, 1920x1080px
also i messed up and fell through the floor earlier and couldnt get back out, so i had to restart.
this is the upper side of the house, nothing up here.
>>
one last bump before I go to bed. Make me proud /x/.
>>
Adult Swim isn't /x/ or have a weird, deep meaning. It's adult swim. Lol.
>>
>>18323398
What about unedited footage of a bear? This house has people in it? /x/ went crazy over that shit.
>>
2edgy4me
>>
/x/ goes crazy over the latest pop album release. /x/ doesn't know much other than how to find /x/ and YouTube.
>>
I just get a lame story of a man in the bar isk why my mac doesn't play this
>>
>>18323424
what do you mean? screenshots?
>>
fuck it ima check it out, everything ive seen on /x/ sux tonight so why not
>>
>>18323424
same wtf
>>
>>18323287
etcrtera/fps/?cid=sf42003596

this doesnt work either, gay
>>
>>18323398
Lmao dude like everything adult swim does has assload of seep meaning
>>
>>18323494
yeah it usually totals out to "go get a job so we don't have to keep entertaining you fucks"
>>
>>18323425
It just gives the standard Adult Swim 404 message if you try to access it through Mac
>>
how do you do the elevator glitch in the prison?
>>
>>18323908
nevermind, i got it, you just gotta run up against the lower post of the bed until you get on top of it, then run at the upper left hand corner of the bed where the wall is and you should be able to get through. there is nothing out there though. if someone with more patience than myself wants to see if there is something in a later chapter, ive gone to 57.
>>
>>18323944
alright, i went to 115, nothin. pretty sure there's nothing here.
>>
http://www.adultswim.com/etcetera/fps/?cid=sf42003596
This works
Here's a full video playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcDGkXNQ_rg
>>
>>18324033
Oh hey, that link worked. Here when the link 404'd I thought OP was presenting scenes from his shitty Half-Life mod and was laying the groundwork for some kind of "this game made people kill themselves" creepypasta. I was prepared to call fraudulent, fraudulent and homosexual.

Anyway, having played it and watched the playthrough, I think I can explain what's going on here. This game is kind of an anti-joke, a subversion of triple-A crime titles. The weird opening is a sendup of the cinematic openings and plush scenery in games like GTA and Saint's Row. The post-shooting cutscene with the horror-struck wife and son makes mockery of how casually players will rack up a bodycount that would make most concentration camps stammer and blush. At that point you're meant to go to jail forever, using the bed to sleep each day and proceed to another chapter, representing that you're in prison a long time. Possibly after 20 years worth of days you'll get a cutscene where you're paroled, possibly not. It's a parody of how actions don't really have legal consequences for videogame protagonists.

The "spooky" music? It's really just weird music, and the guys at Williams Street are all about weird music; witness every [adult swim] bump ever. They probably just chose it because it's monotonous and loops easily. The scenery around the jail, obviously some kind of beta level they made to test movement and such, accessible only by a glitch. There's really no deeper meaning to this, it's just a "commit first degree murder and go to prison" simulator. The whole thing's the kind of joke a post-modern hipster who really shouldn't be in charge of making jokes would make; as every live-action series [as] has ever made demonstrates, Williams Street has plenty of those people around.

It's not paranormal, it's not creepy, it's not even mysterious if you have the vaguest understanding of the people we're discussing or the culture they're reacting to. This thread was a waste of time.
>>
>>18324165
Dont be a lil bitch, it seemed interesting.
>>
>>18324216
>What the fuck guys, this is fucked up. Really creepy shit happens and the place is pretty fucking unsettling, and the music is SPOOKY.
>>It's easily understood and the whole thing is pretty prosaic.
>DON"T BE A LITTLE BITCH.
...yeah, don't know why I'd expect better, /x/ is just like that these days.
>>
File: lll.png (104KB, 192x217px) Image search: [Google]
lll.png
104KB, 192x217px
>>18324281
hey guess what
don't be a lil bitch
>>
>>18324033
it looks like jewish anti-gun propaganda
>>
File: tsssssss.jpg (28KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
tsssssss.jpg
28KB, 550x400px
>>18324281
Hey there fella. You're kinda being a little bitch.
>>
>>18323398
I dislike it when people dismiss things by saying "it's ____" or "it's just a _____." You're not actually saying anything with meaning, you're just stating what the noun in question is called. Basically what you MEAN is "it's unimportant and this is obvious to me and should be to you." If it's so obvious you should be able to explain it better. Not saying you're wrong, this just irks me. Like when you're playing a videogame and someone wants you to get up and bail on your team mates and they try to reason with you by saying "it's just a game." Things have the importance you put in them, so if this guy takes Adult Swim seriously and you want to convince him otherwise it will take more logic than that. It is animation, which is an art form, and all art forms have a message of some sort, often an important and meaningful one. And the most meaningful hidden messages are often contained within what seems like pure parody. It adds a layer of irony to speak of important subjects in a seemingly meager package and adds to the quality of the art and helps it to spread better. A funny video gets shared more than an enlightening one. It's like the cheese that's wrapped around a red pill to make people actually want to eat it.
>>
>>18324281
Are you the guy from the other thread that went on about how /x/ must be better than it was 2 years ago because of a random skeptic post? Skeptics have a purpose of course but if we didn't have people that believed there wouldn't BE an /x/. Get down off your high horse. If you want to stop being called a little bitch than stop being a little bitch and grow a damn imagination, suspend your disbelief, and play along. Skeptics on /x/ are like the faggots at magic shows that tell you how all of the tricks are done. We know it's all probably fake but we pretend it's not and hope that if we watch long enough one of the tricks truly will defy all explanation. Then fags like you will be along to pretend it was a weather balloon.
>>
bumpu
>>
>>18325568
That's because it's adult swim.
*long whiny diatribe here*
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2e5ia9j0TA

Hope its another ARG
>>
>>18324165

This poster gets it.

Don't let yourself be fooled by NRA shills, that feel inappropriatly touched by the slightest criticism of gun violence;)
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.