[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, are you ever afraid that sometime your PC will get infected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: S0V5JP.jpg (574KB, 5000x3750px) Image search: [Google]
S0V5JP.jpg
574KB, 5000x3750px
/x/, are you ever afraid that sometime your PC will get infected and start showing screamers on your screen without any warning?

I know I am. I've been terrified of screamers, almost like a phobia. And sometimes I just get that feeling like I should be on my guard, even without looking at something that could be a screamer.
>>
>>18313863
no. the first screamer i ever encountered got me, but haven't had a problem with them since.
>>
I am that's why i always close my laptop and turn the sound down before bed
>>
>>18313884
So I'm not completely crazy. I'm actually more surprised that screamers aren't as common as viruses or anti-piracy measures.

Imagine downloading a movie, tv show or game that's just infested with screamers.
>>
Dude! I get the same feeling really often! idk when I started, but it is horrible af being a person who has suffered from anxiety
>>
I screamed on a screen protector.
>>
File: 1472240564595.jpg (28KB, 633x350px) Image search: [Google]
1472240564595.jpg
28KB, 633x350px
U ever worried ur mom will find your stash of demonic journal entries where you just wrote a bunch of vulgar thoughts while u were jackin it
?
>>
What are these screamers ?
>>
>>18313863
Remote Access Trojans or RATs allow "hackers" into your computer. I suppose they could be used to play a screamer. However most RAT infections result in stolen documents, passwords, attack botnets, that sort of thing. Basically, viruses are now only really built when there is something valuable to be gained. Scaring people allows them to know that the virus is there, and virus writers don't want their viruses to be seen. They want to remain stealthy.

In the early days of viruses they would perform random pranks, but that's because there wasn't really an internet to phone home to, and there was no way to exfiltrate information that had been stolen. So the viruses were just written playfully by people who were curious and maybe a little bit malicious.

I can't recall any virus that was a screamer, in fact most of the viruses that make sounds will make error beeps, or play a song.
>>
>>18314634

Video that starts of nice then suddenly shows disturbing images, scaring people making them scream and fall off their chair.
>>
>>18313863
yes, even though i use gnu/linux with javascript disabled and all that shit. and then i think worrying about it is gonna make it happen so i worry more.

i'm not so much scared of screamers or being scared, so much as i am of losing control of a computer. the only nightmares i've been in cold sweat from have been ones where a virus makes my computer start to do shit i can't stop.

i've never been one to scare, even when shocked i stay completely silent and keep going. i remember years ago my friend sent me a jeff the killer screamer, and i didn't care. it didn't phase me. then i clicked another one because it didn't affect me. then i did a third one. but when i went to close out of the third one before it started (because they're loud) a dialog box came up refusing to close the window. and that screamer ruined me for days.
>>
Yes from time to time happens to me. I blame my dad who showed me my first one when I was child and got the speakers literally in my ears. I thank God for that YouTube feature which allows us preview the frames on the videos.
>>
AAHH

ha ha i scream u
>>
File: GCU-Owl-2.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
GCU-Owl-2.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
>>18316678

Listen to an mp3 player. That way if you do run across a screamer, its effect will be muted.
>>
>>18317225
but anon i said screamers don't effect me, viruses do. i play spooky horror games all the time and tank through screamers all the time. they just don't register for me.
>>
>>18313863
I don't have this fear, it's as irrational as having a fear that a random guy with a mask would show up infront of your window and make spooky noises. But the though indeed crossed my mind one night when i was researching urban legends and other spooky stuff. Sure, it might happen. But the chances are very very slim.
>>
>>18316678
>the only nightmares i've been in cold sweat from have been ones where a virus makes my computer start to do shit i can't stop
Holy shit. I once had such a nightmare where i basically had become a captive audience to my computer screen. It was horrible but i ussually don't worry about getting such a virus irl
>>
>>18316678
I think i know what you mean. It's the fear of losing control over your computer in the middle of the night and not knowing what it do. With a simple screamer in a youtube video its not that bad because you know it ends once the video ends. But with a virus its much more unpredictable.
>>
File: IMG_1698.jpg (32KB, 505x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1698.jpg
32KB, 505x291px
>>18313863
I remember the first screamer I witnessed was a where's Waldo game. Look for Waldo, but within a certain time there would be a jump scare. Boo!
>>
>>18313863
For a few years I was stupidly worried about screamers. I've told this story on here before but when I was around 10 I was obsessed with Polybius, I found this old, ropey looking forum and clicked a link and it directed me to a paragraph about the machine with the picture of the start screen next to it. For some reason it took me a long time to read it and I had my father's computer speakers at full volume (listening to music beforehand) and out of nowhere the picture changed to some awful jump scare with the worst scream I've ever heard.

Needless to say it shit me up, I ran upstairs and stopped looking it up, as a 10 year old it was awful, for a while I was on guard if I ever went researching things.
>>
>>18313863
You should always use firewalls and virusscanners if you visit pages like 4chan. You are also at risk if you use androids or iphones.
>>
the first screamer i ever saw made me piss myself laughing, ive been very cautious since then
>>
>>18317487
>>18317487
my first was one of those youtube videos where you have to find a clue in a picture, it was in my very early internet days.
>find what's wrong with that wolf
I actually gave up finding the clue and opened another tab while the video was still on and the scream startled me, then i went on to my mother and my siblings and my aunt and told them about my internet adventure xD
PS: i remember now that this wasnt the first screamer i encountered actually, the very first screamer was on TV. it was this german coffee add with the car and the green ghoul :O
I was VERY young then, and it was horryfiyng, but i kinda liked it because i was into spookiness even back then. But i awoided the ad since then but it was removed from air shortly anyway :(
>>
>>18313863
Im more worried about my desktop background being changed into something horrifiying.
>>
>>18318794
more horrifying than the lolicon you have now?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.