[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for you x people. Are some people an anathema to stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1420042570013.gif (954KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
1420042570013.gif
954KB, 250x269px
Question for you x people.

Are some people an anathema to stuff like ghosts?

Not sure how else to word it.

Long story short, my grand mom's house is haunted. There's no question about it. Sounds, things moving, footsteps, lights, ect. Everyone has experienced it except me.

My parents house is haunted, too. Everyone has seen stuff. When I lived there, I wouldn't get more than a feeling. Like, I knew something was there, but nothing happened. When I moved out, my mom was heading up the stairs, and my picture frame flew across the hall.

The story is the same all over. Everywhere I go that's supposed to be heavy activity, nothing happens to me.
>>
>>18309900
Your family fuckin with you senpai
topkek story though
>>
[spoiler]ok.[/spoiler]

Anyone else?
>>
No one, /x/?

Damn
>>
>>18309900
Maybe you or a family member have an attachment that is trying to get your attention?
>>
Count your blessings. I've had plenty of paranormal experiences in my life and I wish I had none of them. Ignorance is bliss. There's nothing to be gained from seeing this shit.
>>
>>18312400

Doubtful in both cases.

At my grandparents house, the neighborhood is a hotspot for activity very likely darting back to the revolutionary war, though one house is because of a person that died there. The things that happen at my grandparents house are fairly consistent among people that say they've experienced something. The activity is mostly centered on the second floor and the kitchen. The sound of someone walking the hallway upstairs was common and consistent as well as lights being turned off in front of people. My brother had a shower curtain close on him.

Things would also generally happen in the attic, which is attached to the garage and level with the second floor. The strangest occurrence is things would go missing, like keys, and end up in the attic.

As for the kitchen, activity has picked up recently according to my uncle. Lively sounds can often be heard coming from there clear as day as if a party were happening, yet obviously nothing was there.

At my parent's house, most of the activity happened after I left, though I'm certain it was there while I was there. Many people in the neighborhood have made the claim of seeing a native American ghost, which may be what it is. As a 3rd shifter, I spent a lot of time alone at night in that house on my nights off and many times has strange feelings of not being alone. Once or twice, I recall looking at nothing visible, but could swear something else ways there. Once I left, things started happening. One of the first was my picture being thrown across the hallway.
>>
>>18312433

I have had dealings with paranormal stuff in the past, stuff that wasn't particularly enjoyable. However this particular stuff I wouldn't consider malevolent, especially at my grandparents house.
>>
>>18309900
I guess they just don't like you. Or maybe they do like you, so they leave you alone. Are you dead or have (almost) died before?
Ghosts are like people and they have opinions on people. Either that or they're spooked of you. Which is crazy but possible.
>>
>>18312776
>>>18309900 (OP) (You)
>I guess they just don't like you. Or maybe they do like you, so they leave you alone. Are you dead or have (almost) died before?

Not that I'm aware of. The closest I may have come was being hospitalized as a kid for having a high fever, but other than that, I've never had an extended stay in the hospital.

>Ghosts are like people and they have opinions on people. Either that or they're spooked of you. Which is crazy but possible.

What would spook a ghost?
>>
>>18309900
My boyfriend is. He's a scientist, ardent skeptic and just seems to dry up any kind of activity wherever he goes. Before I met him, I'd had quite a few experiences, and when he's not around I still do, but any time he's within a couple hundred metres, absolutely nothing happens.

He's stayed in the most haunted places available, and yet not a single encounter, not a peep. I'm pretty lucky, since I've never had a positive experience, but he has managed to ruin a couple of attempts by paranormal investigators to study houses.
>>
>>18312797

Skeptisicm is good, though. I'm a skeptic, but I want to believe.

How did he ruin the attempts? What happened (or didn't I suppose)?
>>
>>18309900

I heard spirits liked to target those who are more susceptible to the belief of them and with a lower spiritual strength, especially if it's a malevolent spirit which wishes harm.

Think of ghosts as residual energy, that's what they are if they truly exist. If they create a negative energy or fear, and that's what they feed off of to sustain their existence in the world, then they will target those who they can create and harvest that energy off of.

You might have a strong will, so it ignores you.
>>
>>18309900
Ghosts aren't real
>>
>>18313204

You're not real
>>
>>18309900
Some people experience a lot of paranormal stuff, while others experience nothing.
I don't know if there's a reason for it, but your story could be totally true.
Is your family more spiritually open than you? It might be it
>>
>>18313290

I consider myself spiritual. My mom definitely is, and she's had a lot of experiences growing up. My dad grew up in my grandparents house, so he's had a lot of experience. I don't know that I'd call him spiritual, though
>>
Entities generally choose who they appear to or not for a variety of reasons. I would say that it more often has to do with if the entity is getting anything out of appearing to a certain person. You probably just don't have anything they want.
>>
>>18309900
Dude, maybe you are not a ghost repellent.
Maybe your family is delusional and you are the only normal person there.
>>
My grandparent's old house was build on Native American grounds and as a child my aunt and dad said they'd hear Indians whooping and hollering in the hallway at night.
My uncle has been into the occult and had several hauntings occur in his attic.
I've only had once experience myself
>sitting on my phone in a car adjactent to another car at the end of a grocery store parking lot
>out of the corner of my eye I see a blonde woman digging in her purse to get her keys for the car next door
>keep browsing my phone
>30 seconds later, I can see her black pantsuit outside of my vision
>decide to look up and see what her problem is
FUCKING NO ONE THERE
It scared the shit out of me.
I'm not a religious personal but I told my brother about it and he said it could be someone'from the other side' looking out for me/checking in on me or something.
>>18309900
Take the photo with you next time or put it in a bunch of bubble wrap and see if it deters the sprint. For bonus points tape your mom's picture to your portrait and see what happens!
>>
>>18313500

The photo isn't there anymore, but afaik it only happened the one time after I moved out.
>>
>>18313429

I suppose that's a thing. It makes sense anyway, at least for my parents house.

I want to visit my grandparents because it's been very active there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.