[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to talk about Don Decker aka Rain man. I f you havnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 15

File: dondecker.jpg (31KB, 391x307px) Image search: [Google]
dondecker.jpg
31KB, 391x307px
I would like to talk about Don Decker aka Rain man. I f you havnt heard of this case I'll quicly summarize it.
His grandfather dies and shortly afterward it starts rainining indoors everywhere he goes. This was witnessed by police officers and a cheif of prisons type.
There is no photos or video of this happening which I fing strange cuz cameras were a well used thing when this happen even if video equipment wasnt.
I dont think it is a elaborate hoax cuz I dont think the police would go along with that sort of thing and it is hard enough for those it that proffesion to say these sorts of things incase they get ridiculed.
Does anyone have any theories to what could of caused it to rain inside like it did and about how it was claimed that the rain drops would go sideways and water would run up walls instaed of down?
Im interested to hear what you guys think. I have done a fair bit of researching and cant find any theories.

So guys what think you?
>>
>There is no photos or video of this happening which I fing strange cuz cameras were a well used thing when this happen even if video equipment wasnt.

That's the most obvious indication of a lazy hoax.
>>
>>18306017
I know but I dont think that the cheif of police and the prison chief would go along with such a story.
They gained nothing from it and have not excepted any money from interviews.
Why would those ppl risk potentailly losing a good job just to do some shitty hoax.
>>
he was probably unclean and had a horrid diet, combined with crippling depression slowing down his metabolism enough that the chemicals his skin is processing just pool up and fester

I'm guessing he ate savory feel good foods and cried a lot, making streaming humid mess around himself.

I don't know about the drops moving upwards and sideways.
>>
File: qt.jpg (68KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
68KB, 500x600px
>>18306035
we are taliking about proper rain covering the hole house. I dont think his metabolism an stuff would cause that lol
>>
I for the life of me cant think of any explanation as to how it could rain like that indoors, and it was at different locations to so that sorta rules out any sort of freak weather type stuff. I was hoping the great minds of /x/ could cme up with a few possible explanations
>>
>>18306034
>excepted
>>
File: lindleyst_billhall.jpg (47KB, 470x547px) Image search: [Google]
lindleyst_billhall.jpg
47KB, 470x547px
Im going to lurk.
This story scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.
I saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode on it around age of 8 or 9 or so.
The way the witnesses described the rain, was like something was defying the laws of physics as we know them.
Ive heard of cases of walls in houses "weeping" fluid of unknown origin, but this one is a case that takes it to a whole new level.
Kind of reminds me of the Lindley Street case.
Another one where multiple police and other people with no good reason to lie come out of a house with outrageous, unbelievable stories.
>>
>>18306153
Thats what I love about this is the credible witnesses and the fact that no one can seem to come up with a good theory for the rain.
Its not a case of doors slamming shut and stuff that could be explained away.

I think Don Decker recently got convicted for arson. Ironic imo
>>
>>18306214
I hadnt heard he was a fkrebug.
If so, sounds like some of the gears are a little misaligned upstairs.
Some who know of his case paint is as a case of obsession or possesion.

I wonder if he has other signs of the McDonald Triad.
If so, could this just be a run of the milll poltergeist.
Just a bit stronger due to pre-existing mental instability?
What do we know about his Grandfather?
Poltergeists are usually claimed to be connected to adolescent hormonal changes.
I may be reaching...but firebugs tend to be sexualy aroused by fire.
Is there some kind of fucked up hormonal sexual response to his Granfathers death that activated the Poltergeist event?
>>
>>18306242
All I know about his grandfather is that he was a bad bad man, according to Don Decker and this all started just after his granfather died.
I suppose it is possible that he did sexually abuse him. Don Decker wasnt a adolescent when this happened to him tho. Apperently he was also showing signs of possesion.
>>
>>18306260
Right, right.
What I was trying to get at, is did he find the death significantly arousing?
Could that instability, and maybe conflicting thoughts and emotions, in his mind and the hormones related to it have been a big enough spike to trigger the event?
Could he have just been suffering some mega meltdown inside that was causing some type of verbal and physical response that was so out of character from his usual "mask" for polite society that people who knew him thought it was a posession?
Lets find out the Grandfathers name and see if he had any police reports.
That might give us a better understanding of just how bad he was, and what growing up around him might have been like.
His Grandfathers name was James Kishaugh, and we know this took place when he died in February 1o83 in Pennsylvania.
Anyone care for a scavenger hunt??
>>
>>18306290
Sorry, typo...1983
>>
>>18306290
I see what you was getting at now, sorry I can be a tad slow at times lol.
Im all up for that scavanger hunt. Google time
>>
File: 100171680_135207415405.jpg (878KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
100171680_135207415405.jpg
878KB, 2272x1704px
>>18306307
Potential Find a Grave hit: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=100171680
>>
>>18306307
His middle name MAY have been Howard.
>>
>>18306329
Yes this ist the Granfather... Stroudsburg. Confirmed in news story about the arson.
Don lived in Stroudsburg during the "event".
Stroud County police are the ones wh ,responded to the calls.
This James Howard Kishpaugh is the only one I found in the area on find a grave for 1983.
>>
>>18306355
Nice work anon
No luck on my end yet but the search continues
I might try see if I can find any news paper archives to see if I get any matches on the grandfather
>>
File: dondecker02.png (26KB, 629x126px) Image search: [Google]
dondecker02.png
26KB, 629x126px
Can confirm that Don Decker does claim he was abused by grand father
>>
File: psy_don_decker1.jpg (5KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
psy_don_decker1.jpg
5KB, 250x168px
>>18306361
Looks like the restaurant owner in the arson paid Decker to burn the place down.
So, its reasonable to assume Decker is easy to convince to commit crime for pay.
Unsolved Mysteries says when his GF died Decker was serving prison time for receiving stolen property.
They also say he was a TEEN.
Could they mean 18 or 19?
Old enough to be in county with the general population for 4 to 12 months?
http://wnep.com/2012/10/19/rainman-charged-with-arson/
http://unsolved.com/archives/don-decker
Don’s grandfather, the man he pretended to mourn, had physically abused him from the time he was just 7-years-old:

“No other part of the family knew anything about what happened, and it was like good fighting evil. The evil was gone and I was hoping, you know, that everything would change."
I still want to prove it and find Grandpa's criminal record, if it exists.
>>
actually remember seen this with the same premise on paranormal witness. not sure why, but this case really stuck with me. sure, it's not aliens or demons, but it's still tremendously fascinating. anyone got a link for this case on a podcast? just tried on itunes and came up short :/
>>
>>18306381
Im having a hard time finding records desu
I dont hink it helps that im britbong either.
Maybe ill find a forum or something where this has been covered before. The search continues
>>
>>18306406
K found something from the local paper with his name in 1962. Im trying to get the page downloaded to see if he was listed as arrested for a crime in one of the articles.
>>
Well I have been doing some resaerch instead about the rain. I hear that it is possible to make it rain inside. Given Deckers criminal background it wouldnt suprise me if he faked it to try get monies
But I also doubt he would be able to pull it of and fool that many people. He keeps getting caught for crimes so cant be very good at that sorta thing
>>18306410
Nice!
>>
File: dondeckernews.png (240KB, 540x292px) Image search: [Google]
dondeckernews.png
240KB, 540x292px
It says here that there was sudden changes in air teperature which could back up that it was a natural event (the rain)
>>
>>18306134
That's the spelling/grammatical error you're really going to choose to point out? Out of everything else OP fucked up? Really?
>>
>>18306470
If you can, find Picono Record for Monday, September 24, 1962.
Page 15.
Article is Two Men Jailed Here Sunday.
The Grandfather is mentioned twice in this story according to Newspaper.com.
But, Im not paying for the membership, and can't get the high res file without one.
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/53334991/
Until we can get that article, we can't know for sure if he was a victim or a perp.
>>
>>18306513
Do we really have to criticise my grammar.
I know im not very good at it cuz dyslexia ok
>>
>>18306551
Got it! Had to snag the OCR text and wade through it. It was a hot mess!

Two Men Jailed llere SaIurda y FRANK CURTS, 3910 Walnut St., Philadelphia, and James Howard Kishpaugh Jr., of 129 N. Second St., Stroudsburg. were arrested Saturday and charged with public ! intoxication. Kishpaugh is charged with disorderly conduct. Both men will be given a hearing before .Justice of the Peace John C. F. Foclker.

So, Grandfather is a rabble rowser, and grand son in his foot-steps?

So, we have at least determined that his grand father had been arrested in 1962 for drinking and being disorderly.

This was 1 year before Don was born.
>>
>>18306039
>hole house
>>
File: whatithinkofyou.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
whatithinkofyou.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>18306681
That was just a typo
This was legit the only place on the web where hurr durr dat spelling doe hasnt happened.
This aint youube or fucking reddit and if you want to grammar nazi fuck of back there.
>>
>>18305976
>So guys what think you?
I think you're retarded
>>
File: 1266866918343.png (412KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1266866918343.png
412KB, 600x615px
>>18306727
>>
File: 1475167011387.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475167011387.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>18306744
>>
File: 1278527397297.jpg (35KB, 300x374px) Image search: [Google]
1278527397297.jpg
35KB, 300x374px
>>18306775
the op was a shitpost
the whole (not hole) thread is just shitposting
>>
File: sexyaf.gif (330KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
sexyaf.gif
330KB, 600x441px
>>18306785
>>
File: 1242206539691.jpg (35KB, 492x559px) Image search: [Google]
1242206539691.jpg
35KB, 492x559px
There's no such thing as dyslexia, just retards who can't learn how to spell.
>>
>>18306559
Im out until /pol/ goes to sleep.
Dont let 'em get you down.
And stop taking the bait.
We did good.
We did some research, found some good info out that relates to some of the claims in the case.
Its not shit posting.
Its X related research into a possibly paranormal case.
If we find out the guy really is a fraud, then he is.
If we're not sure, then we're not sure.
If we just can't explain it, well it will be future X fodder.
Get out of here for a while until it settles down.
They usually fall asleep if you don't feed them.
>>
>>18306840
>Dont let 'em get you down.
>And stop taking the bait.
Yeah lol im just tired, been up all night
Thanks for the help. There is more to the story than what was broad casted on paranormal witness and thats what most of the forums go by when they talk about.
Thanks bro
>>
File: download (7).jpg (8KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
8KB, 258x195px
>>18306847
I'll bump in case you want to try to find some more info on the Decker Poltergeist case.

Just lurking around.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.