[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you tell if someone is channeling a spirit or remembering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

So how would one tell the difference?

And how would one go about fixing either problem? The goal being to get rid of a spirit that is being channeled or - if someone is remembering a past life - make them stop remembering and go back to being normal.
>>
I was under the impression Rumpleforeskin was a goblin or something.
>>
>>18305182

He's an imp.
>>
Maybe the sudden change is just because they have their own shit going on that you aren't aware of and you need to realize that not everything is about you. Stop making up schizotypical bullshit to use to deny reality to yourself.
>>
>>18305251

No, said individual has recalled all sorts of info that they should not know. Names, places, personal info, stories etc.

Something is definitely off. Just want advice on how to fix it.
>>
True story.

In the early 2000s, I met someone randomly in an IRC channel and we talked.

"Something" clicked and both of us had a moment of absolute clarity. I nearly fainted. It was like the satisfaction of finding a word on the tip of your tongue, amplified a thousandfold.

Within 15 mins of speaking, she told me she was having a breakdown: she felt like she'd known me forever and was my wife from our past life.

She knew things about me I'd never shared with anyone....
I knew things about her which I couldn't begin to comprehend.

Anyway, it's a long story. The point is: you just know. When you're remembering, it is as clear as, well, yesterday.

She was 55. I was 20.
She was in Atlanta.
I lived in London.

Here's the weird part: she claimed I'd drowned in 1942 (example) in the past life. She died in that life in 1958.
She was born in this life in 1945.
>>
>>18305294
Okay, I'll turn down the snark and toss some real advice.
If it's something to do with past lives that is something they have to work out themselves, and no amount of nudging or pushing in any direction will help, you just gotta be patient. Lend them a shoulder to cry on/bitch at/laugh with if need be but don't pretend you know what's going on. And the person at the end probably likely won't be the person you first met, just like how they won't be the person they have become presently nor were they before. People change when they go through shit.
>>
>>18305307

> She died in that life in 1958.
She was born in this life in 1945.

That's a perfect example of a case of spirit channeling (perhaps you both were channeling spirits, idk).

After all, if she says she died after she was born, then it's hard to take her past life claim seriously. And I've heard exorcists claim that some spirits can influence your dreams, mood, provide you with hidden / unexplainable knowledge, etc.

>>18305313

Don't take this the wrong way, but there's got to be other options than just sitting around. I'm an active person who likes to fix things.

>And the person at the end probably likely won't be the person you first met, just like how they won't be the person they have become presently nor were they before. People change when they go through shit.

Again, that is a very large part of the problem. If said individual was remembering a more 'politically correct' or 'normal past life' (weird phrase) then I'd accept it. But that is not the case so I obviously don't want this to evolve naturally. I'd rather try to fix it.
>>
>>18305331
I've never heard of past life regression that results in the person goosestepping down the sidewalk but if it's like that... Fuck. I dunno...
I don't want to recommend anything too extreme, nor can I even think of much. Drag them places that contradict these not "politically correct" ideas or something.
>>
>>18305313

Another idea that I have is that since > 99% of people don't seem to remember a past life, then there must be some sort of barrier that prevents people from remembering things they're not supposed to.

And if that barrier breaks down, then there should be a way to put it back up.
>>
>>18305347

Fortunately she's not into goosestepping (come to think of it, I've never actually heard of someone remembering a Nazi past life).

It's more a sort of generalized anti-Americanism / anti-Yankee attitude that is the problem.
>>
>>18305331

We've studied the apparent contradiction in being born earlier than one has died in a previous life.

There is no contradiction.
Time isn't linear.
We don't have to be born in a "future".
My next life could well begin in 1800.
"Next" is a word we need to make sense of it all.
>>
>>18305359
>anti-Yankee
So we talking Civil War Confederate sort of anti-American then? Maybe participating in some re-enactments will help.
>>
>>18305307
>she felt like she'd known me forever and was my wife from our past life.
They're getting craftier every day, normally they just get knocked up and claim the baby's yours until DNA tests get put on the table.
>She was in Atlanta.
>I lived in London.
Bit of a switch

>>18305352
>there must be some sort of barrier that prevents people from remembering things they're not supposed to.
Think it's called sanity.
>And if that barrier breaks down, then there should be a way to put it back up.
I'll let you guess this one.

>>18305359
>Fortunately she's not into goosestepping
Shame a woman in uniform is absolutely the best way to go.

>I've never actually heard of someone remembering a Nazi past life.
There was a movie about that, Neo Ned.
So in that anon's theory above I'm betting most Nazis thought a certain way that isn't common but had about enough of this world after what happened and wouldn't want a second time around.

>more a sort of generalized anti-Americanism / anti-Yankee attitude that is the problem.
Not all that uncommon to modern thinking, and anyone who needed a reason to think like that will likely go reading things about the US of A's history to better season their ire with sympathy.
>>
>>18305331
There's a clue in the title. 'Past' life. Your friend may well be remembering things as they were, and needs to remember that things move on. If we remember past lives it is to shed some light on aspects of how we are now which may still require work, not invite us to return to being one of Gengis Khan's hordes. But it is precisely this integration which as wise anon said above, you have to let process. If it's in there, it's going to come out. But how it comes out is to an extent manageable. Is your friend conscious of psychological/spiritual development as a process which she is involved in, does she meditate, do therapy, anything like that? It does sound more like a past life experience. On that basis, your friend needs to be persuaded that what is most useful to her is to become aware of the essences of the strands of experience which are playing out here. There will probably be two or three main strands or issues. And by essence I mean the quality, the feelings, the thought patterns associated with each.

This may give her material which she could be working with for years. And it is the essential core of the experience, not party tricks like knowing street names in towns she's never been to, or whatever.

Hope this is useful. You can't fix it, but you can try to get her to see what is useful about this experience, and to try to put the rest aside.

I knew a bit about my last life, and one day reading a history book I saw a photo which I knew was 'me'. I noped out of there, didn't want to know the detail. Because that's not who we are now.
>>
You guys a stuck in a limited perception.

As far as we've been able to ascertain, "I" or the concept we have of "I" is a series of traits carried over temporarily. There is actually no such thing or even a "soul" which is reborn. There is a universal consciousness which is passed through vessels which happen to be self aware.

The vessel remembers things, to a certain extent and believes it has an identity of its own.

That's why "you" can be simultaneously alive in two or even more human forms.
>>
>>18305392
I have a lot of sympathy for this idea. But being human we tend to get quite attached to things. Whether or not the idea of 'lives' as belonging to individuals is real or not, we seem to function as if they are. We have a greater resonance for certain vessels and call them ours. Or they are 'ours'. Whichever, the value lies in understanding the issues faced by any particular life.
>>
>>18305392
>That's why "you" can be simultaneously alive in two or even more human forms.
So theoretically if you were able to meet one of these simultaneous human forms you could actually go fuck yourself?

OK enough fucking around. OP list the primary changes in her behavior and lifestyle before and after this personality shift. I'm going to be frank, the basic idea is to subliminally weaken certain behaviors, re-establish old ones and strengthen whatever ones are still present. So brainwashing basically.
>>
>>18305377

Kind of, she thinks she was the daughter of a semi-notable Confederate. Not anyone famous, but definitely a die-hard Southerner.

>>18305392

Sorry, but that's just too far-fetched for me.

>>18305421

> I'm going to be frank, the basic idea is to subliminally weaken certain behaviors, re-establish old ones and strengthen whatever ones are still present. So brainwashing basically.

Sounds harsh, but just might work.
>>
>>18305439
>but just might work.
You're damn right it might.

Psychologically or metaphysically the odds are in favor. The standard psych is self-explanatory, if behavior can be governed by nurture and environment then blabla conditioning blabla.

If we're talking psyches and all that then the spirit math is there exists two individuals in one mind. A and B, if B can change A to be more like B from past influences then B can likewise be influenced to be more like A through present changes.
So if C = 50%A + 50%B, even if you can't subtract from B adding so much as 10% more A should lean more towards A over time than B.

No thanks necessary, just acknowledge should the business work that you'll be handing over an unbound blessing my way for the advice.

That's non-negotiable by the way, if you try this in any measure at all and it works to any degree at all that's the cheque signed and I collect. Cheers.
>>
>>18305477

Well they say that all magic comes at a price, and that sounds like a very fair one ;)

Will definitely send you a blessing.
>>
>>18305477
Don't go along with this kind of magical bargaining bollocks. Avoid parasites. There's plenty of help here freely given.
>>
File: 1324753397440.png (24KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1324753397440.png
24KB, 1600x1200px
>>18305762
>There's plenty of help here freely given.
And more problems being made by those better resourced through ill gain.

Wake up and take a long walk off a short cliff you green eyed git, it's mutually beneficial not parasitic. If the cog doesn't fit then toss it out for all I care and nothing's lost, if it does and gets things working again all I get is an umbrella for a rainy day.
What do you get out of frantically waving your pitchfork about while only lazily pointing at the free work of others like a plagiarist?

A decent deed deserves a decent due. Any decent persons recognizes that. It's the type who want whatever bothers them handled by others but can't bother handing out so much as a good word when their helper's in a bad spot who are parasites. Along with your sort, the bucketed crabs, the modern day Clement, looking for any chance to help the well off Kings give groups like the Templars the royal shaft for free.

New age, same mistakes. Brings my piss to a boil.
>>
>>18305894

For the record, I'm just giving you a prayer blessing. Nothing more and nothing less.

The same type of good prayers that I offer for my relatives.
>>
>>18305903
Whatever good graces you can give are fine, I'm not asking for nor expecting the holy grail for suggesting how to make a girl behave herself.
>>
>>18305903
>>18305942
This sounds more reasonable. Initially it sounded like you were asking for an open-ended entree into OP's resources.

>>18305894
Rant all you like, I apologise if I misunderstood your initial post but I stand by the intent of what I said. It's not wrong to ask for something in return but I don't think you worded your request clearly. Personally I don't ask for anything back because the process of helping others strengthens my connection to the source. That's enough for me.
>>
>>18305307
>She was in Atlanta.
see: Black
>>
>>18305331
>After all, if she says she died after she was born, then it's hard to take her past life claim seriously.
>implying time means anything
oh, my sweet child
>>
>>18305307
this >>18305366
you can be reincarnated as someone who was born before you or is even alive at the same time, at least, taking the typical (Buddhist, etc.) view of time together with reincarnation
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.