[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have always been able to lucid dream every night since I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: ghvuighui.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ghvuighui.gif
1MB, 320x240px
So I have always been able to lucid dream every night since I was around 6 years old ( im 22 now) I have tons of dream journals and can remember many, many of my dreams. I only just found out people need to actually train them selves or work hard to actually lucid dream. What does it mean if you can just do it all the time everyday for years? Also for those who are trying, it's not worth it. It fucking sucks feeling actual pain and getting killed all the time or feeling genuine feelings in your dreams, it's awful.
>>
>>18295895
I was able to lucid dream the other day without even thinking or trying, I actually want to lucid dream tho so I can figure out where I am in my dreams since I usually dream of this world like I've lived there
>>
>>18295895
I wrote out my dream journal in cursive starting in Kindergarten.
>>
File: 1237206891567.jpg (624KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1237206891567.jpg
624KB, 1024x768px
50 millionth thread about lucid dreaming by children who think lucid dreaming is either: some free vidya gaem or access to some secret world.
Listen up, this is waking consciousness. If you manage to fall asleep aware that you are doing so you might be able to dream and keep that awareness. To practice people usually recommend the habit of looking at your hands during the day. When you look at your hands during a dream they will not look like they usually do and you'll realise you're dreaming. This also reinforces that you do not know anything, not even your own hands, without having data incoming to reinforce the vague pictures you call memory.
Once you can dream lucidly, and get over all th eflying and fucking movie stars and other wish-fulfillment bullshit, you can move up to the next level: Pellucid dreaming.
This is where you just let the dream take whatever path it will. If a nightmare arises, let it resolve itself. If silly images mix themselves up, let them arise and fall. This helps with every day life as well, you can watch life without letting it run your feelings and reactions.
The next step is awesome: you keep your awareness in the dreamless sleep between dreams. There is no You and nothing to be aware of, it is blackness and emptiness and silence like nothing else, it's the ultimate rest from the turmoil of ego and attachment. Anyone can do this, it takes no talent, it's the ultimate meditation, dreamless sleep. Awareness without time or place or name. In a way it's like being God before the Universe.
Lucid dreaming, big deal, there's two more whole universes to get to.
>>
>>18295895
>What does it mean if you can just do it all the time everyday for years?
The function of dreams is to clear out invalid connections made during waking life. Remembering dreams is a failure of that function. People remove their recall of dreams when they scratch their head on waking, stimulating blood flow in the head. Instead, drink some water and wake up from the inside. You'll remember the clearing out process without being lumbered with stupid images all day.
>>
>>18296070
>>18296070
OP here. Im just asking if theres anything weird or if it means anything that I lucid dream every single night and can remember them too. I don't ever try to actively do it, never have.
>>
>>18296095
ah fair enough. I should drink more water when I wake up I suppose
>>
I've really only ever used lucid dreaming to have sex and grope people.
I'm a dream molester and I don't care.
The dream sex is always consensual, however.
>>
>>18295895
I actually kept dream journals and practiced lucid dreaming as well. The most I was able to do was 4-5 nights of lucid dreaming within one week, but something very unexpected happened...

I was so aware that I was dreaming that my lucid dreams stopped being vivid. They actually looked like 144p videos on YouTube. The quality of my dreams went from 4k to that. It scared and depressed me a bit so I stopped trying to lucid dream. Now I have one about every other 2 months and it feels okay, not great, but I may have done some permanent damage to my brain this way.
>>
>>18296070

Interesting. Like OP (who I am not), I've always had lucid dreams all my life practically every night. And, also like OP (though I'm just basing this on the impression he has given off, I could be wrong), I have Night Terror Disorder. So, my lucid dreams almost always at least have moments of terror in them.

So, form a young age if shit got too scary, I would curl up in a ball (in my dream) and close my dream eyes. Things would still happen, but I would just let them happen. That would usually cause them to fall apart. As I've gotten older, I've been able to do it without the closing eyes or curling up part, but with limited success. I guess it's Pellucid dreaming. I never knew there was a name for it.

Though, I have to say that there is a bit of danger in what you're suggesting. I've never thought about it until this very moment, but this may be while I'm such an ego-less passive fuck.
>>
>>18297099
*may be why I'm

Sorry for this shitty grammar. It's late at night. Due to obvious and aforementioned reasons, I don't like to sleep until I need to.
>>
>>18297099
OP here, I also suffer from night terrors
>>
>>18295895
there is a fucked up industy of con artists trying to teach lucid dreaming to idiots.

THE ONLY CONSISTENT WAY is to FAITHFULLY keep a dream journal. That's it. That's all you need. Congratulations, you 'stumbled' upon the secret. Tons of people have lucid dreams because they were told to keep a journal when they were in grade school to practice writing and they kept it up. Kid's lives are boring, about the only thing interesting that happens to them and isn't embarrassing for their mom/siblings to read (they always snoop) is dreams.

I only started lucid dreaming (after trying EVERY DUMBSHIT 'advice' there is on the web) after simply keeping a dream journal and doing it every fucking day. After a week; lucid dreams like clockwork. Then I got bored and stopped. Guess what? Can't for the life of me have a lucid dream.
>>
>>18297111
>>18297434
i also lucid dream every night and have possibly reached that pellucid bs the other anon was talking about.

i never have bad dreams, night mares, night terrors, whatever you wanna call them. except for when something emotional or REALLY fun happens in the dream and then my alarm wakes me up and it's time to go to work.

i'm also an ego-less passive fuck for the most part. but i look at it more of the trippy hippy "life's a wave, ride it" with a touch of mild depression rather than a push over
>>
>>18296070
(same anon as above)

rereading the pellucid thing that anon wrote, i guess it is mostly this now. i mostly just go with the flow never really create or force anything, just go with the flow "consciously" more or less. i would say the same thing about my life though too haha
>>
File: 1477592417740.jpg (16KB, 406x347px) Image search: [Google]
1477592417740.jpg
16KB, 406x347px
>>18295895
Same, I lucid dreamed when I was just a newborn and retained all my memories since then. It's funny how people actually have to train themselves when I just do it every single night and I don't even need a journal since I have photogenic memory. I also have telepathy and can speak with the dead.
>>
>>18295895
Well when i was maybe 12 ibhad my first 'snap' if you will. I started alalysing every situation i encounter by writing it down, including my dreams and tons of other shit i thought might be useful someday. I started having lucid dreams around then too, because i'd remember the setting and the dream i great detail after writing it down and pondering over it. I honestly never got the appeal of lucid dreaming, sure it's fun, but since it's under your control, you are basically the limiter. So after that i started using lucid dreaming to enter astral projection, which was surprisingly fucking hard, took me like a 2 years.
>>
File: get a load.jpg (23KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
get a load.jpg
23KB, 240x260px
>>18296070
>18296070
>>
>>18297463

are you me? I dream extremely vividly as well. The only time i cry in my dreams is when I see something so overwhelmingly beautiful. And it happens often. I often wake up to find that i have been crying IRL.
>>
>>18297443
What about the days you don't remember your dream? Do you write in your journal that you don't remember or?
>>
It means you're a special fucking snowflake.
>>
I just woke up a moment ago. I had an amazing dream that I met this girl my age and we were hitting it off and we quickly fell in love with each other. We made love and I met her family after that. Right in the middle of talking to her parents I suddenly woke up and the feeling of having all of that ripped away from me was devastating. I'm actually just some loser who hasn't had a girlfriend since early March. I hate having good dreams because at the end you always will wake up and realize none of that shit is real.
>>
>>18296070
shut up pop-sci faggot
>>
>>18304034
shut up pop-sci faggot
>>
>>18295895
Holy fuck are you seriously this retarded?
You're not lucid dreaming, you're just remembering your dreams vividly, I remember when I told myself in a dream that I was actually dreaming, what I didn't do is taking control of the dream. How much of a retard are you OP
>>
>>18296070
I second this. It's quite soothing to not be a director of your dream, and rather a spectator of whatever your sub consciousness has brewed up.
>>
>>18299226
Found the fantasist.
>>
>>18307855
He's obviously joking you retard, look at the picture.
>>
I used to lucid dream every single night too, no practice either. One day it suddenly stopped and, I cannot stress this enough, it ruined my fucking life. Everything seems dull without it and I'm actually contemplating suicide because I can't get it working again.
>>
>>18304014
When you dream enough you'll realize that world is your reality, while waking life is your personal nightmare.
>>
>>18307812
>Another subhuman retard pissed off because he can't have lucid dreams, telling lucid dreams aren't real.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>18309905
Are you fucking stupid? Learn to read you fucking walnut, I never said LD isn't real, I said that one of my experiences regarding it aren't, I've learned to LD long time ago and after all the wish fulfilment bullshit I moved on to OOBE.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>18295895
>implying simply going with the flow and remembering dreams is lucid dreaming
Hey, newfag, lucid dreams are when you're aware you're dreaming.
>>
>>18309905
braindead OP trying to justify his bullshit when it isn't even lucid dreaming. LMAO
>>
Stop bumping this thread, it's clear OP is a retard with no idea what he's talking about.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.