[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /x/ what's up with the relation between the GATE program,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1476115780336.jpg (235KB, 1203x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1476115780336.jpg
235KB, 1203x1447px
Okay /x/ what's up with the relation between the GATE program, near-death experiences as a youngster, and our current world?
I heard it mentioned on a different board and I need expertise.
>>
>>18292239
This sounds like the set up to a horrible joke.
>>
>>18292242
It's not, I heard it mentioned but the threads they(double pol) linked to were shut down already.
>>
>>18292239
What do you mean the GATE program? Like gifted student education and shit?
>>
GATE classes are just where the children of troublesome parents are put to make the parents feel better about themselves and get them to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>18292239
I can tell you.
Play your favorite video game.
Play your favorite music.
Put on your favorite fragrance (incense, candles, smoke a bowl, etc.)
Play with reckless abandon.
You will start to die and see your death as a cycle of repetitive loops.
Perhaps you too will find a way to write a Tractatus, as Wittgenstein had.
Frankly, I don't give a damn if you get out of Counter Strike feeling more or less undead.
Have fun!
>>
>>18292239
"Gifted And (sic) Talented Education" programs tend to focus on students who are prodigious in some way. Of course, this presumes a normative bias toward psychological and educational development, but the basic idea is that these students are "ahead of their age" in some way.

It actually makes sense that GATE students would have a higher incidence of experimenting with past-life regression and/or experiencing past-life memories, because intelligence is measured largely by the degree to which we are able to recognize patterns.

Wild speculation here: information is encoded in DNA (that's not speculative, but where I'm going with it is). Since recent epigenetic research suggests that we are capable of inheriting learned traits and experiences from our parents (and theirs, and so on), we are unconsciously sorting through an entire human history all the time. This explains not only the collective unconscious, but the entirely of "universalism" that underpins much of the humanities, and against which recent postmodern theories rail because it tends to paint with overly large brush strokes the subtleties of individual experiences.

But mightn't it be true that when both ideas are paired together, it could be argued that there are patterns that cannot be seen within a single lifetime? And mightn't those same young minds who possess an intelligence "beyond their years" be somewhat literally reckoning with the entirety of human history in a way unprecedented and fomented by the near-instant communication of information available online?

It seems likely that the amount of perspectives and ideas to which the most recent generation is exposed is greater than the prior one by several orders of magnitude.

Perhaps they are figuring out that there's something not only beyond themselves, but beyond the entire species...
>>
>>18292272
I already realize that history is cyclical, that's basic Evola.
But please tell me more.
>>
>>18292296
thanks
>>
>>18292296
>actually thinks GATE classes were anything other than window dressing
>>
>>18292298
Then you should already be able to leap-frog ahead of deaths and cause macro-changes in the world via emotional ease during tense situations, or vice versa. Once you start predicting behaviors in predictable settings, you can begin predicting behaviors in unpredictable settings.
If you've got enough will, you'll get to the level of the voice prior to action before you go mad. Then you'll know why you want to know more.
>>
>>18292268
But anon my parents didn't give two shits about my education and rarely talked with my teachers
>>
File: snowflake.jpg (93KB, 659x570px) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.jpg
93KB, 659x570px
>>18292329
YOU were a genius, still are. You are AMAZINGLY smart.
>>
>>18292353
Thanks babe
>>
>>18292309
GATE *classes* are based largely on behavior differentiation. The public education system is essentially built around the maintenance of social norms that ensure a smooth capitalist society. I get that. Trust me, I get that.

But insofar as that behavior is concerned, there is a significant percentage of those students who indeed perform higher on standardized testing than average, and almost all of standardized testing is based upon pattern recognition, memory, and cultural acquisition of concepts related to those who make the standardized tests.

But if it makes you feel better, sure - they're window-dressing.
>>
>>18292474
We've all been singled out before.
Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.
But for the most part, 'just cause they're out to get you' in this society isn't enough room to clamor and get called more than annoying.
You'll quickly remember the succession of denigrations they left in your skull embedded just in case you ever got questionable about the way the lines were set up. So you never questioned the social and mental walls growing up and around. So you stay put and don't rattle your cage.
Shouldn't everyone responding to this thread be wise enough to understand that the OP is likely such a self-selection mechanism recording data, as well?
Oh no, not that fourth wall again!
>>
>>18292484
Touchè. A hit, a palpable hit.

But I am no Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be.

Just here to swell a scene or two.

Sometimes, you get tired of waiting, and just start singing to the mermaids, though.

I will try to keep the faith, my friend.
>>
>>18292484
If I was a self-selection recorder of data I would be a very sad man. I'm just a loser trying not to be and to try and learn after studying some evola
>>
File: chrome_2016-11-02_22-56-02.png (162KB, 1920x950px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-11-02_22-56-02.png
162KB, 1920x950px
>>18292239
i uploaded my research on this imgur album

something strange happened

i was maybe a member in a german GATE program
>>
>>18292239
Wow I was in a GATE class and it wasn't nearly as interesting as it sounds here
Basically to get in, we had to be seen be a psychologist, take an IQ test, score at least 132, and then we'd be let in to a small class with other smart kids and were basically allowed to do whatever we wanted as long as it was educational. It was a lot of fun, but I don't think there's anything to do with near-death experiences.
Most of us got admitted by doing something unusual in class, like I and another girl did artwork and home projects that were way above the quality expected of the age group. The psychologists would commonly ask questions about whether we believe in aliens or paranormal experiences, but it was usually followed up by asking us how we could justify our opinions, which makes sense in the context of intelligence testing
>>
>>18295763
Same. It was fun and challenging. Didn't enjoy school again until university.
>>
>>18292309
You sound salty, lol.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.