[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone help me identify this or tell me what it says? I found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161101.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161101.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
Can anyone help me identify this or tell me what it says? I found it in a box with along with some magical supplies I bought.

Penny for scale.
>>
>>18291713
Learn Sanskrit.
>>
>>18291717
Ideally, that is what I would do, but I was hoping someone on here might already know it or recognize this thing.

It also reminds me a lot of this drawing.
>>
File: Four corner animals.jpg (71KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
Four corner animals.jpg
71KB, 300x409px
>>18291713
I think it's a Lung-Ta Prayer Flag (pic related for comparison).

Here's what that means: "In essence, a Lung-ta prayer flag is a rectangular or circular piece of cloth (ideally silk, but cotton or synthetic cloth may also be used), with block-print of a horse in the centre, four symbolic animal figures in four corners and selections from the 400 hymns from the compositions about three Bodhisattvas - Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoche), Avalokiteshvara and Manjushri. These figures are worshipped in Tibetan Buddhism as divinities. Ta signifies a swift horse, symbolising the spreading of prayers in all pervading spaces when wind comes in contact with them. The symbolic animals in four corners represent Garuda or Eagle (upper left corner), which signifies wisdom and defeat of diseases and malevalent forces, Dragon (upper right), who symbolises overcoming of ignorance and acquiring gentle power, snow lion (lower left) symbolising fearless joy and tiger (lower right) symbolising confidence arising from the path of Dharma that Buddha taught. Very often, on top the three Buddhist deities- Avalokiteshvara (compassion), Majushri (wisdom) and Vajrapani (power) are also represented. At the bottom, joining of rival forces and thus producing universal friendship is represented by combining the features of snow lion and Garuda together, fish and otter together and sea-alligator and sea-snail together. The horse in the centre carries three jewels of Buddhism - Buddha, Dharma and Sangha" (http://www.southasianarts.org/2011/01/artistic-activity-in-nepal-as-world.html).
>>
>>18292717
Aww, they include a small blessing for you.
>>
>>18292717
Ah, very interesting. That definitely seems to be it, the animals in the corners and the horse in the middle very much match. It just on a sheet of thin paper though, rather than silk. Still, very cool, thanks for the info.
>>
Yes, it's a Lungta, or Windhorse prayer flag. I have a whole string of these in different colors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Horse
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.