[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Mormons on /x/ tonight? I would like some help understanding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1860-Mormon-Ten_Merged.jpg (141KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1860-Mormon-Ten_Merged.jpg
141KB, 640x400px
Any Mormons on /x/ tonight? I would like some help understanding the symbolism on this coin. It's an early salt lake gold coin like the one Hoffman tried to get for the Salamander letter. I'm in no way anti Mormon and in fact most that I've known in my life have been based as fuck. I'm just genuinely curious. I just don't want to have this conversation with them because it will surely lead to missionaries at my door
>>
>>18289859
become a mormon. find out
>>
>>18289863
That's like being curious about freemasonry and just joining to find out. That kind of a commitment to a church and faith is not something I'd take lightly
>>
>>18289873
I would join the Masons just to share ALL of their secrets on /x/ tbqhwyf
>>
>>18290169
Think you'd be the first to have tried?
>>
>>18289859
I have a Jack Mormon roommate, I'll ask him and report for you.
>>
>>18290169
There are no secrets
Masonry is a meme
>>
>>18290177
Thanks!
>>
http://goldmormoncoins.com/1860_gold_mormon_coins/

Very rare, very few made, very valuable. The text on one side is written in the Deseret language which was use for a few decades in Utah. Look it up. No biggie. Nothing secret, just a basic coin. The Deseret language quote "Holiness to The Lord" is in the scriptures and found on Mormon temples. It's significant to the theology and dedication to God.
>>
File: angel-moroni-rona-black.jpg (49KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
angel-moroni-rona-black.jpg
49KB, 720x900px
>>18289859

Both the lion and the eagle are solar symbols (relating to the sun) and are masculine representations of the element of fire (and air in the case of the eagle). Masculine aspects are related to the patriarchal order and therefore the priesthood. Being associated with air, the eagle also represents aspects of the spirit while the lion is a representation of base physicality.

The bee hive is a symbol of industriousness and cooperation. Bees symbolize fertility and are yet another solar symbol as they are the active aspect in the fertilization of plants (and thus another patriarchal symbol) as well as the fact that they only operate in summer. The eagle holds an olive branch which represents peace and the arrows which represent war. The beehive overlapping these symbols represents industriousness (efficiency) and cooperation in both war and peace for the benefit of the masculine aspects of the soul (due to the eagle being a solar/air, and therefore masculine/spiritual symbol).

Gold is a metal associated with the sun due to it's color, as is the honey that bees reproduce likewise.

Deseret is the state of Utah and the original conception of the Mormon founded territories. Congress refused to recognize Deseret as an American state so compromise had to be made.

The characters are an alphabet constructed for use in the state of Deseret to separate Mormons from non-Mormons.

It reads;
>>
>>18290348
>>18290349
Outstanding
>>
>>18290349
If you're still around I'd like to talk to you about a couple things...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.