[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a big fan of Terrence mckenna but one of his speeches s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 1476225356829.gif (309KB, 309x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476225356829.gif
309KB, 309x360px
I am a big fan of Terrence mckenna but one of his speeches struck me so oddly that im not sure what to feel anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQfG3Qc-Y8
>>
>>18286227
what bothers you exactly?
>>
[email protected]

There's his email. He was my professor in college... Dennis that is.
>>
>>18287343
lucky you. tell some stories
>>
>>18286227

Terence Mckenna grew a mushroom in his head and died. His last trip the mushroom turned against him and revealed itself: a total lack of meaning. The mechanical elves are fallen angels, and they want to rip our souls to shreds.
>>
>>18287356
he got brain cancer dude. not a mushroom in his head lmao
>>
>>18287343
Im sure he appreciates that youre just giving out his email
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2huPGfwWgG0

just a reminder
>>
>>18286227
He's not wrong, but he also should have realized overpopulation in the third world has (some) affect on us as well.
But he's absolutely correct. I'm an immigrant and I've seen it first hand. Americans are wasteful as hell, they have no sense of what's the right amount. Everything has to be done in excess.
My grandfather has a rule in life. He's a modest man and I guess that's where it comes from. He says this.
"There's three ways of going about in life. The first is struggling, where you barely get by by yourself. The second is living comfortably, where you are able to get by and you have enough resources for emergencies and indulgences. The last is excess and extravagance. There is no need for this one, at all. No matter how many pillows a man buys, he only sleeps on one."
I think he's right. It's easy to think that living in excess is good, that it secures your future somehow, but ultimately there's no point. Maybe that was his excuse for working a government job, for being from a farming family, or whatever, but I find it hard to find faults in this way of thinking.

>>18287380
It's not hard to get it. Might be outdated though.
http://webapp00.ahc.umn.edu/csph/ind_listing.php?ID=djmckenna
>>
>>18287356
I think the theory of the self transforming machine elves being evil is interesting. I just wish you would give more evidence to support that claim.
>>
File: 1468790907318.jpg (35KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1468790907318.jpg
35KB, 572x380px
A "counterculture" CIA spook peddling Dysgenics and Antinatalism?

COLOR ME SURPRISED
>>
>>18287356
I'm intrigued
>>
>>18289384
Here's what I don't get about conspiracy theorists

I think that if overpopulation is, in fact, as big a threat as it's claimed to be, the govt does, in fact, have plans to depopulate us and spreading birth control and antinatalism is one way they're doing it, not to mention, possibly, the creation of AIDS

However, if you think overpopulation is real, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE DONE TO STOP IT

I don't like the motherfuckers or their worldview, BUT HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU BE SO "CYNICAL AND COOL AND JADED" ABOUT SUCH AN IMPORTANT ISSUE

WHAT'S YOUR PLAN?
>>
File: 1471604802872.jpg (25KB, 692x524px) Image search: [Google]
1471604802872.jpg
25KB, 692x524px
>>18289403

take it easy man
>>
File: Chan.jpg (41KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chan.jpg
41KB, 462x500px
>>18289403
Ooh ooh, pick me, pick me! Here's my plan:

- Legalize suicide.

What do you think? It can cost money. That's fine. It can require any number of social loopholes. You might be amazed how motivated a depressed person can be, if they're actually given a way to achieve what they want out of life.
>>
>>18286227

I heard this idea from him a while ago, and it has had a huge influence on my life. For better or worse I'm not sure.

It's given me a huge amount of disdain for upper middle class westerners. I already loathed the "parent culture" of Americans...just the smugness and self-assuredness people get about parenthood and how it's the obvious thing to do with your life. Never question it, just crank out kids as fast as you can. I feel like people (not everyone, of course) turn kids into an excuse to have no real lives of their own. Yes I realize kids require a lot of time, money and attention. But here in America it's like people just pop out kids as soon as they can, and then their intellectual and "soul seeking" ends. All pursuits cease and now it's just a life of obsessing over every detail of the kid's lives, and acting all smug and self-sacrificing about it, as if the rest of us should be thanking you.

Anyway, I'm pretty cynical but Terence's ideas about this topic have heavily influenced me. I was undecided before, but right now, at 29, I really don't want kids. I feel guilty enough for the enormous waste of resources my own life represents. I don't think I could ever feel right about having kids after being exposed to this idea, even if it isn't 100% airtight.
>>
Here to correct some misunderstandings.

1. The so called "lack of meaning" trip was not was not his last trip. It was a mushroom trip, and one of his last ones at those (not the last,) but he continued to take ayahuasca and DMT regularily even after it. His last "trip" was on his death bed when he had some kind of a seizure, and his last words, according to his brother, were: "Now I see it, it was all about love."

2. He was not a CIA spook. He was wanted by FBI for a period for drug-related offenses while he was running around in the world. Something to do with dealing/transporting hashish. He made some comments about working with them to clear his charges, possibly jokingly, possibly not, which is where this rumor comes from.

3. What he said about population control is true. As much as we love liberty and freedom, there comes a point where we must think if we have to restrict personal freedoms for the collective good. If a ship can carry only 10,000 people. Do we fill it with 20,000 people and sink with it, or do we tell the people to not put more than 10,000 people in there? You can argue against it, but you can't say others can't argue for it either, you're not the only person on this planet, it belongs to all of us.
>>
>>18286227
Someone editing that shirt on Mckenna is the in stupid. That shirt is everything that he didn't stand for while alive.
>>
File: 729.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
729.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>18289768
That's the joke! It's a juxtaposition of things you wouldn't expect together, hahaha. Funny times.
>>
can someone explain too me why it seems like every important person in history kinda knew each other?

>was taught by hg wells
>taught george orwell
>died the day jfk was assassinated
>his bro got a award from planned parenthood
what does it mean?
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MDA2NzA5MjYz.jpg (95KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MDA2NzA5MjYz.jpg
95KB, 1200x1200px
>>18289906
>>
>>18289768
Maybe that's why someone climbed on stage and executed a brutal forearm shiver into his abdomen, causing his pancreas to rupture, resulting in his death
>>
>>18286227
Terence never advocated it. He just thought it was probably the best way to solve social problems. By reducing the population by 50% through one child policy, the wealth of the general public would increase because they would inherit properties from relatives and have larger access to disposable natural resources. Corporations, on the other hand, would struggle to survive because they live by having as many people it can live off of as possible.
>>
>>18289726

>He was wanted by FBI for a period for drug-related offenses while he was running around in the world. Something to do with dealing/transporting hashish.

Yes.

>He made some comments about working with them to clear his charges, possibly jokingly, possibly not, which is where this rumor comes from.

Oh, well, thanks for clearing this "rumor" up.

You think this "rumor" would have something do with AVOIDING PROSECUTION BY THE FBI ON A DRUG SMUGGLING CHARGE, AFTER BEING ON THE RUN FROM THE INTERPOL RED NOTICE

you fucking hippe apologists

> As much as we love liberty and freedom, there comes a point where we must think if we have to restrict personal freedoms for the collective good.

bootlicker shill, restrict your freedom to live by kys
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.