[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think humanity will look like/evolve into a thousand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 18

What do you think humanity will look like/evolve into a thousand years from now?
pic unrelated btw
>inb4 dead
>>
File: graham.jpg (35KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
graham.jpg
35KB, 900x450px
>>
File: 78645654465.jpg (373KB, 1389x454px) Image search: [Google]
78645654465.jpg
373KB, 1389x454px
>>
File: p0095[1].jpg (212KB, 602x750px) Image search: [Google]
p0095[1].jpg
212KB, 602x750px
>>
File: p0091.jpg (159KB, 681x750px) Image search: [Google]
p0091.jpg
159KB, 681x750px
>>18285624
>>
Realistically speaking we probably won't have changed much externally. The most that would happen is probably some slight variation in height, weight and muscle mass.

If anything were to change, it would probably be something to do with our organs adapting to the world. For example our lungs becoming more efficient due to air becoming more polluted.

Even then, a thousand years isn't long enough for drastic changes to occur and evolution is less needed in the modern era. It's no longer "Survival of the fittest".
>>
File: Jonnet tukena.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jonnet tukena.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>
>>18285761 has the right idea. Humans won't look very much different because, even though we are still subject to the process of evolution, there is no evolutionary pressure placed upon us anymore, since we practically dominate the planet! Here's a little bit more of an in-depth answer from theoretical physicist Michio Kaku. I sort of dislike him, but he gives a good answer in this video.

HOWEVER, you may have heard of a little thing called CRISPR recently. It's been under development for the past couple of years, but only now has it started to become a viable reality. I'll link you a really, really good video about it at the end of this post, but CRISPR is basically the advent of human gene modification. It's pretty insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY
>>
>>18285803
Woops, forgot the link to the first vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPC47qMJVg
>>
File: cyborg.jpg (79KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg.jpg
79KB, 1024x576px
pic related
>>
It's like nobody is this thread has any idea how evolution works. For >>18285761 to become real, people with breathing problems should die before they manage to reproduce, which is not happening thanks to modern medicine.
If we're not letting people with problems die, evolution is not happening.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 610x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 610x402px
>>18285624
>>
>>18285834
Evolution favors only traits that positively effect the transmission of one's genes, meaning that traits that result in people reproducing in greater amounts will become more pronounced. It does not have shit all to do being "better" or adapting to your environment if your environment is artificial.

So yes, in the future, people will evolve. We'll probably get stupider, as traits that result in levels of intelligence that make education more effective in modern times result in people who ultimately don't have many children. It will be the fucking proles who are too stupid to do anything other than breed who become the future.
>>
>>18285761
>>18285803
This, how different do you really think humans looked 1000 years ago?
>>
Like a toilet bowl filled with diahrea
>>
File: 60__face.png (11KB, 241x263px) Image search: [Google]
60__face.png
11KB, 241x263px
>>18285624
>>
>>18285661
What the fuck is this from I need to know
>>
>>18286701
OP said people, not americans
>>
>>18285624
People will probably end up looking cuter and more trustworthy, with larger eyes, bigger pupils, softer facial features, and they'll evolve to be more co-operative, emotional, and less combative. Rather than physical or mental prowess being chosen for, it'll be the people who are best able to get others to help them and not want to hurt them

Our society is getting closer-knit and less physically intensive, so I think if things continue down this path then the changes I proposed will probably be the ones we'll see evolve in people
>>
File: wall-e-humans.jpg..jpg (65KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
wall-e-humans.jpg..jpg
65KB, 600x300px
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 1024x1092px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1024x1092px
>>
>>18285661
thats frightening
>>
>>18286056
This. Idiocracy is less of a comedy and more of a documentary
>>
>>18286706

Some Facebook article. It's a rendition of a human that evolved survive car crashes
>>
>>18286056
So in the future everywhere will be the ghetto and everyone will be a nigger. Until a major disaster like someone is picking their nose and accidentally launches every nuke happens. Fitting I always knew niggers would ruin the world.
>>
>>18287008
*tip
>>
>>
>>18287852
Kill yourself
>>
>>18287008
The problem isn't stupid people breeding, it's that absolutely everybody (like you) convinces themselves that they're different, they're special, they're one of the "smart/good" ones and therefore entitled to reproduce. We're running out of resources, and we can all thank this narcissistic high school sophomore mentality for it.
>>
>>18287852
it looks angry and cute at the same time
i say we burn it for witchcraft
>>
>>18286805
Makes sense. I'll see if you're right after a while.
>>
>>18285624
Assuming 1,000 years of technological advancement (and that we haven't blown ourselves or the Earth up), my guess would be that we'll have shed our biological bodies and will be using synthetic avatars. No need for food, ageing, sickness etc, and ideal for surviving harsher environments or space exploration.
>>
File: 300px-Whr.jpg (14KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Whr.jpg
14KB, 300x219px
>>18285624
>>
>>18287941
b...but I know I'm dumb
>>
>>18287601
Holy shit, could you keep you "race realism" in your pants for one second?
>>
>>18287601
More likely than you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y
>>
>>18288141
Someone has died.
>>
>>18285661
>having male nipples
no
>>
File: file.png (933KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
933KB, 620x877px
>no one's posted it yet
>>
File: image.jpg (567KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
567KB, 1920x1200px
>>18285624
Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>18285624
i saw taht fucking retarded picture ofa baby with reptile eyes on facebook too
>>
>>18285624
ok japan makes animu real because of some anon on 4chin saying trump would make animu real. in a few decades they produce genetically engineered humans (mostly female) that look like 2d. i know sounds crazy who wants some bitch with a big head but it doesnt look bad actually it took many attempts they wont talk about but they get it right

any who the colonization of mars was slow going and the engineered human business was booming and japan was contracted to flesh out the second and third waves of inhabitants so they could make more room for paying customers

then the animu bitches (and men) started to change. with less gravity and sun light there were expected to be some problems but nobody knows why they went bald

long story short greys are engineered chinks and every one should have seen it coming because even with big eyes they are slanted
>>
File: alien_ayy.jpg (14KB, 174x269px) Image search: [Google]
alien_ayy.jpg
14KB, 174x269px
>>18290426
Any progress on the directed transfer of consciousness between biological entities that you're aware of? Or is it all just physical / mechanical stuff?
>>
>>18285624
It takes millions of years to see a drastic change, and even then, a change will only take place if there is an evolutionary need.

Assuming we can't become full cyborgs within 5,000 years, then we'll probably end up being taller. (Average height 6ft) Most people will be mixed. Things like wisdom teeth/etc will be gone. That's about it.
>>
>>18285624
probably not much of a change. Maybe we'll get more joints and dexterity in our fingers but thats probably unlikely to happen in just 1000 years... ALTHOUGH! There is a movement still in its infancy for cybernetics. Some folks have cybernetic eyes, hearts, ears, there's a blind guy who interprets color as sound through an antenna surgically attached to his skull. So... we could be cyborgs in the future.
>>
File: humanincsound2-500x496.jpg (9KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
humanincsound2-500x496.jpg
9KB, 500x496px
One with machine.

It's a scary thought.Physical appearances won't matter anymore. Procreation won't be necessary, since by this point we'll be able to create AI who are intelligent and indistinguishable from humans. The planets we live on won't need to require oxygen or water.

In fact, we won't even need to travel the galaxy. What purpose would it serve, aside from getting new resources? We could create an artificial reality and live within our own sub-universe.

The only problem is that we will no longer have a purpose for living, aside from pure entertainment. We're wired to want to further our species, but what happens when we reach that goal?

Of course this millions of years in the future, assuming we don't have another dark age or nuke ourselves.
>>
>>18289398
Thanks anon, it was a good read
>>
Those people from that South Park episode.

They came back in time to work jobs cheap.

That's our realistic future.
>>
>>18290509
Bro, I'm afraid we already have no purpose of living.
>>
>>18287856
> triggered by furries.
> tells others to kill themselves.

Right. Okay.
>>
>>18285624
>What do you think humanity will look like/evolve into a thousand years from now?
the same

but different

we never change, but we never remain the same

we build upon solid foundations but never replace them unless they collapse

separate the individual and the group and you will understand
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.