[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cults. Let's talk about cults! Do you guys belong to a cult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: jim.jpg (59KB, 575x460px) Image search: [Google]
jim.jpg
59KB, 575x460px
Cults. Let's talk about cults! Do you guys belong to a cult? Do you want to be in a cult? Have any stories of encounters with people who were in cults? Let's talk about it!
>>
Was in Demolay when I was 15.

Masonic lodge had pentagrams all over it.

Had to go to conclaves with other members across the state.

Had to help serve dinner to Shriners.

They kept us in the dark about a lot of things but damn I had a spooky feeling the entire time I was in it.

I was the sentinel in Demolay, the guard basically, but never worked up to the counselor positions. Only reason I was in was because of my friend Derek. None of our other friends were in it, I think because we had Masonic ancestors.
>>
For conclaves we would observe actual masons performing rituals and we would be in the audience up front. I had ADHD though so I barely paid attention and kept giving this girl looks because I wanted to fuck her. Got close to fucking her but never happened, we just made out.
>>
>>18276638
I have encountered what I would call an urban 'cult' in southeast england that I have since made the assumption that it is a group of strange christians.

anyway, to the point. I take walks late at night, typical /x/phile affair I'm sure. a couple of weeks ago I came across a group of late teens kicking around a tunnel under an overpass. I assumed they were gonna' make trouble considering the area so I decided to fuck off in the other direction quite quickly. I heard a shout after me saying 'you've seen nothing' or something of that nature. I turned quickly to make sure I wasn't gonna be rushed, but they were heading in the opposite direction, apart from this one guy in a black hoodie and what seemed to be a makeshift black keffiyeh. he was clearly holding a book which I am guessing was a bible from the gold writing on it. (though I might be wrong; it was dark).

after this he fucked off with the rest of them and I pulled my earphones out to make sure they weren't circling around or anything. I'm gonna guess that I walked into some kind of late night sermon or some shit by accident, but I had my music in so I don't know if they were reading scripture or whatever as I headed around. it was like 3 or 4AM in an alley under a fucking overpass. I know that ain't regular church service.

I still head under there every couple of nights but haven't seen anything since. I've read that masonic meetings are sporadic throughout the year, so maybe that was what I walked into, but then why teens? I've been wracking my head about this since, so input would be appreciated.

I posted about this in a thread a few days ago but got little response, so if you read that post I'm still open to questions but that's about all I can say from direct recount.
>>
>>18276737
Probably edgy teens being edgy teens.

The Masonic meetings I went to were all in doors and adults and teens were dressed professionally in suits and ties. Never thought of them as evil except the fucking pentagrams being all over the inside of the temples and meeting room.

Funny you said bible because the initiation into the Masonic order uses a bible, so I thought as a 15 year old it was another sort of church service. But then again I was completely wrong.
>>
I've always admired a man who has a strong cult leader game.

I want to start a cult and bang all of my followers.
>>
>>18276766
Yeah that's sort of why I brought up the whole masonic thing. The southeast is actually full of active lodges, and the masons do a lot of community and charity work, even for canterbury cathedral, the fucking mainstay of anglican christianity of the UK. They're very transparent in their views and I am quite interested, though not enough to pursue a place in their group.

anyway that's besides the point, masons are just old dudes that need a sense of community. these random kids are what are intriguing me. I'll keep an ear out when I head down there on my rounds, because I usually listen to podcasts or music when I'm on my walks, but this overpass'll be an exception from now on.
>>
>>18276801
Since you take walks in the twilight hours, do you ever see clowns?
>>
>>18276813
yeah actually, only due to the craze though. just random idiots trying to scare kids. I live near a number of public and privately owned parks, and I've seen 2 clowns on two seperate occasions. They've both been documented by local news, as well as some other sightings, but it's happening all the same in just about every other county in the UK. trick or treating has actually been heavily advised against by the community council due to this which I think is ridiculous.

I wouldn't call it paranormal, just people piggybacking on the craze. the same thing happened a couple of years ago too.
>>
>>18276638
>be 15
>live in the middle of nowhere in the midwestern U.S.A.
>lots of farms around me
>be out in the woods around me one day and see a bunch of farmers dressed in brown hooded cloaks
>one of them is friend of my parents and smiles at me
>all of them just kind of awkwardly stand around until i leave
>i pretend to leave and hide out to see what they're doing
>they bring in a deer corpse and start carving that shit up and all do some sort of weird prayer
>each of them eats a bit of raw meet cut off from the deer
>i go back and tell my parents and friends what i saw
>my friends think it's kinda weird and my parents just kind of shrug it off
>go back with friends the following weekend
>the woods are blocked off with barbed wire fences and warning, no trespassing signs
I just kind of forgot about it after that until now, weird shit mane
>>
>>18276830
*meat
>>
FYI: The pentagram is not an evil spoopy shape. It's geometry just like a triangle, square or hexagon. It was only recently adapted as satanic because someone said so.

Fun fact: Venus's orbital path is set in a way so that everytime she lines up between the Earth and Sun, it makes 5 points, thus making a star or Pentagon shape.
>>
>>18276852
>Fun fact: Venus's orbital path is set in a way so that everytime she lines up between the Earth and Sun, it makes 5 points, thus making a star or Pentagon shape.
I don't follow. Explain
>>
File: archangelGabrielBinAndalus.jpg (32KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
archangelGabrielBinAndalus.jpg
32KB, 250x335px
>>18276638
A cult some type of religion without ubiquitous appeal. That defines cult subtypes of personality, substance, or ideology. When a person wants to join a cult, he or she considers it to be a special club. I cannot describe my interactions with cultists unless I shame them by definition; so I will summarize my feelings as a longstanding position against intemperate loyalty to: personalities, substances, or ideologies.
>>
File: mural11.jpg (63KB, 476x616px) Image search: [Google]
mural11.jpg
63KB, 476x616px
If you don't already know about the Finders, do your homework.
>>
>>18276768
Yes
>>
>>18276638
>Do you guys belong to a cult?
No
>Do you want to be in a cult?
Fuck no
>Have any stories of encounters with people who were in cults?
I live in a pretty christian neighbourhood, does that count?
>>
I was in the People's Temple for a while before the membership started to sharply decline.
>>
>>18276725
That's not a cult, though. Just a club. Cults you can't leave or research.
>>
I suspect there's a very active cult down my street actually, not too sure but I've had some weird experiences with'em
> This small church looking building at the bottom of the street, no signs indicating what the fuck it is and I assume is not a Christian church or something along those lines because nobodies there on a Sunday
> one night I'm walking home alone around 3-4am after fucking around with friends
> pretty mid-high tier area
> turn the corner to my street and see the small carpark full of cars
> Only one person outside, This really big bald old guy
> as I walk past he never breaks eye contact
> the whole place is dead silent which was weird because one of the doors was open and I could clearly see a shit ton of people gathered in the building fixated on something
Cont?
>>
>>18277871

Let's hear it dad
>>
>>18276987
What was that like?
>>
Dude what is it

>>18277871
>>
>>18276854
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus#Pentagram_of_Venus
>>
>>18276737

druggies/street kids being ministered to. Probably not gang members given the risky setting and possibly only one preacher
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.