[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming is pretty /x/ right? Ive been attempting lucid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: shadow.jpg (827KB, 906x1400px) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
827KB, 906x1400px
Lucid dreaming is pretty /x/ right?

Ive been attempting lucid dreaming recently and have run into a...problem. Every time I go lucid (More of semi lucid, i have trouble making things happen when i want them to) I find myself in my own room. But heres the problem...90% of the time there is a shadowy figure in the corner of my room. Its not exactly friendly either, its approaches me and hovers over me and just kinda screams. It leaves me terrified and paralyzed

Im aware of the state im in and have gotten pretty good at breaking the sleep paralysis, its nbd at this point. BUT I cant figure out how to make the shadow go away...Ive tried facing it and laughing at it to show im not scared to no avail. It pretty much takes what little ability i had to influence my dreams away I have next to no knowledge on lucid dreaming or w.e you would call this so im turning to you guys for some help..
>>
>>18274910
Huh, interesting.

Personally the problem I've had with lucid dreaming is that things are always as crazy as all of my other dreams. I find myself aware that I'm dreaming yet being unable to change my surroundings or manifest the power to fly.

My understanding is that in a dream it's not what you want to happen that will happen, it's what you believe will happen that happens. It's just difficult to keep that in mind when you're frantically trying to stay asleep and not suddenly wake up because you've realized you're dreaming.
>>
>>18274910
If you can break the sleep paralysis, try choking it.
>>
>>18275084
Ive seen the shadow thing before but it was a pretty rare occurrence then a particular instance scared me real bad then i stopped. Its always on the back of my mind when ive attempted lucid dreaming since. Thats why i figure its always there since i started again. I dont know how to suppress it. For some reason i also cant seem to NOT get scared when i see it. All it does is scream, im not exactly afraid of it when im not sleeping

Also i have that same problem, I cannot seem to change my surroundings. I fly without thinking about it though, thats kinda my default movement.

>>18275358
Breaking sleep paralysis wakes me up. Besides, its more of a dark mist, i can see through it. I dont think i could physically interact with it
>>
Try

Meditating and surrounding yourself with golden white light. Visualize golden flames around yourself and your room for purification. It sounds like mystic bullshit but this earth construct is entirely frequency and light. Your intent is powerful as well.

Command it to leave. Tell it you don't consent to being affected by it. Mean it when you say it.

Ignore it. By paying attention to it you are giving it energy. Anger,fear, and aggression it will feed off of. Forgive it, tell it to leave, tell it it doesn't bother you. If you interact with it it's worth it for it to stick around.
>>
>>18275753

Ignoring it isnt an option, its in my field of view when i open my eyes. I have a really small room.

Ill have to try the light thing, ive read about that method before for unrelated things. Never thought about applying it in this scenario
>>
Np. Also, it sounds like instead of going lucid, you're finding yourself on the astral plane. That's where these things live, and that's probably why you find yourself in your own room. You need to protect yourself and energies before you venture out again but yes, gold light and fire should do the trick.

What you're seeing might not be a being also, it could be a mass of negative energy that's sitting there. Try purifying that area by visualizing gold/white energy while in an awakened state and see if it goes away. A lot of entities on the astral aren't really conscious. A lot are programs, similar to AI, and thoughtforms created by other people. As long as you harbor no fear you should be fine
>>
>>18275795
Or you know, its just sleep paralysis
>>
>>18275795

That thought had crossed my mind but im not convinced on that whole thing. Ive looked back at where I should have been sleeping and saw an empty bed and no traces of a thread. A few other miss placed or flat out missing things too

Im fairly certain its just sleep paralysis. The way I go lucid is really weird. I like fall out of my body into black then when I feel lucid i open my eyes and kinda just dream from there
>>
>>18274910

OP in my encounters with lucid dreamers, this shadowy figure is your subconscious - it understands that your cutting into your sleep cycle using lucidity. One has recommend that you go a few days with out it, if the figure still appears you have go meditate for a few hours before sleep every day to cleanse your mind of negative influences - let your lucidity be relaxed.

Everyone who's lucid dreamed long enough has seen him, just remember that he's apart of you.
>>
>>18274910

>shadowy figure in your room
>can't move

This is happening from fucking with your sleep cycle. You are imagining this man because the barrier between your conscious mind and your dream mind has been damaged. I.e you are going to go crazy if you don't refine your technique.

Then again lucid dreaming is all drawbacks and zero benefits. Because none of it is real outside your head.

It's too unpredictable to ever be worth it.

>My experience
>Lucid dreamed myself at my old school
>controlling the dream
>Suddenly my eyes are force-focused on a levitating pig-like monstrosity
>my "camera" zooms in deeply on his nostrils
>I feel myself being drained of energy
>woke up in a panic

Not worth it.
>>
>>18275935
>it understands that your cutting into your sleep cycle using lucidity
>>18275950

Interesting that we arrived at a similar conclusion. There must be something to this.
>>
>>18275935

Thats kinda the thing, I havent attempted in MONTHS and decided to take a crack at it again after unintentionally doing it a few nights ago. Its almost a guarantee that i see it now. I do not think its paranormal at all and i realize its just a figment of my mind but i dont know how to "clear" or "purify" the thing. I will be trying the light thing to see if that works

>>18275950

Elaborate. I have to take ambien to sleep at normal hours. Could be a side effect of that. I have my reasons for attempting to lucid dream, its worth for me.
>>
>>18276006

Well that being is likely part of you. I.e your subconscious. If you haven't done this regularly you need to get into the habit of cleansing your mind of negative or useless thoughts before you go to bed. Try hard to ignore the figure.

Eat more Vitamin B-12. Overdose on it.
>>
>>18274910
Love the entity. Meditate and be kind. Meditation is the way to gain spiritual influence.
>>
>>18275753
Serve even those who eat you
>>
>>18276018

I struggle with racing thoughts, really, REALLY hard to turn my mind off. Ambien really helps achieving it, I dont really have many thoughts once i take it and the sleepiness kicks in.

>>18276030
Love it? Da fuq? I cant see a single positive thing about it. Hard to put a positive spin on something with no positives.
>>
>>18275795
All is conscious.

See the theory by Stuart & Hameroff: http://www.experiencer.org/consciousness-in-the-universe-neuroscience-quantum-space-time-geometry-and-orch-or-theory-by-roger-penrose-and-stuart-hameroff/

"Orch OR suggests a connection between brain biomolecular processes and fine-scale structure of the universe."
>>
>>18276051
Can an oak be seen before it has sprouted from the ground?
>>
>>18276095

No, but how do you put a positive spin on something that exists purely to inflict terror upon you? I some other sleep related disturbances and solved it with what you are wanting me to do but that thing didnt even do anything close to what this shadow does
>>
>>18276108

Maybe it just wantz to show u affection in its own way
>>
>>18276108
Nurture it like a thorny bush and you will obtain many branch friends.
>>
It's easier said than done to say "do this and confront it!", because when it happens your brain instantly freaks out and gets paranoid. I find just running out the front door and focusing on your breathing and wanting it to get better helps.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.