[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been looking around at videos of people playing with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1463373971422.png (398KB, 960x554px) Image search: [Google]
1463373971422.png
398KB, 960x554px
I've been looking around at videos of people playing with ouija board and they were all freaking out when things were answered. One of them asked the name of a spirit and it said Zozo and apparently that's the worst spirit to get. But how can a mass-produced board sold in toy stores have any sort of spirit connection? The people were probably just moving the thing themselves subconciously. Is there a way to prove that it really works?
>>
>>18273613
>The people were probably just moving the thing themselves subconciously.

Take a step back and tell me why you think if the above were true, it would necessarily mean anything different.

Even something you consciously make up can become true, reality is more malleable than you think.
>>
>>18273613
>But how can a mass-produced board sold in toy stores have any sort of spirit connection?
The board is a red-herring, a meaningless means to an end. The effect comes from the people using it, not the board itself.

Look up the ideomotor response
>>
>>18273620
One of them asked the middle name of the other guy and that other guys could have just moved it. They asked for the last three characters on the liscense to their car and they were wrong.

The thing started moving in one of the ways they say it's a bad sign if it does, moving over the numbers I believe. That was also probably one of them just moving it to freak out the other.

None of this shit really seems real and it's some mass-produced thing sold in Toys R Us. Do spirits have a contract with Hasbro or some shit to answer to their ouija boards?
>>
>>18273613
If the principle behind the talking board was sound, why would a certain company mass-producing it compromise that, exactly? I mean really, what are the actual mechanics of Hasbro owning the copyright invalidating it? Like do the spirits go "Wait a minute, they're trying to contact us on a thing made by the people behind Play-Do, Furbee, and My Little Pony? Fuck this shit. This is just undignified, I'm washing my incorporeal hands of this, if you wanna hit me up get on Spiricom."

It's just that you keep reiterating that point like it's some kind of crucial flaw, and I really don't see how, theoretically, it would have to be.
>>
>>18273613
the ouija board is just a tool for your subconscious, it's like a ritual. Real magick doesn't require anything besides yourself, but it's easier with tools for some people
>>
>>18273760
So it's not really spirits, but people subconsciously lightly pushing it?
>>
>>18273613
>Is there a way to prove that it really works?
Sure, but it's not paranormal. It was invented by a businessman in the 1890s and sold as just another board game. Then later some whackjob spiritualist started claiming you could talk to the dead with it, and the idea took off.

The way it works, according to this neurologist, is basically a stronger version of a placebo effect. People go into a disassociative state, their muscles twitch around without them realizing it, and when they look down, they make connections that aren't really there.

https://www.amazon.com/Pseudoscience-Paranormal-Terence-Hines/dp/1573929794
>>
>>18273613
WHAT!? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME PEOPLE LIKE TO MAKE TONS OF MONEY OFF GULLIBLE RETARDS THAT BELIEVE IN CONSPIRACIES?
>>
>>18275681
Ouija board isn't a conspiracy, you plain retard.
>>
>>18273613
Look up old Hasbro ads about the ouija board and you'll notice that they clearly state that its to communicate with dead loved ones. We used to be alot more into that kinda stuff back in the day. It was also created and gained popularity during and after the World Wars where people wanted to talk to their loved ones.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-strange-and-mysterious-history-of-the-ouija-board-5860627/

>"Though truth in advertising is hard to come by, especially in products from the 19th century, the Ouija board was “interesting and mysterious”; it actually had been “proven” to work at the Patent Office before its patent was allowed to proceed; and today, even psychologists believe that it may offer a link between the known and the unknown."

>"The Ouija board, in fact, came straight out of the American 19th century obsession with spiritualism, the belief that the dead are able to communicate with the living."

It was never really just a game board, OP. It has always been a way to communicate with the dead.
>>
>>18273641
Please link the video if you want to talk about this subject.
>>
does /x/ actually believe that your friend fucking with you and moving around a piece on a board is ritualistic and has some deep subconsciousness meaning?

come the fuck on guys
>>
>>18273620
>reality is more malleable than you think
I know it is, and someone or something is manipulating it to make me see it. I've been discovering things that are leading me to answers. And whether you know it or not, what you say was planted for me to see to let me know that I am getting closer. I will find the truth. I will obtain Archaeus or whatever this leads to. I am confirming to the beings by saying this that I acknowledge their signs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.