[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no. 2: To this very simple conclusion, it seems every able-minded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: HermesApollonius.jpg (57KB, 300x407px) Image search: [Google]
HermesApollonius.jpg
57KB, 300x407px
no. 2: To this very simple conclusion, it seems every able-minded individual gets at some point in the process of his development: it is in man's actions that we meet the real man, not in his words.

Pitifully, this observation is carried out from inside to outside almost exclusively.

A man can easily tell how those around him betray, by their doing, those lofty ideals about themselves which they hold in their minds. A new wave of environmentally-conscious individuals at the same time accompanies ever-growing waste production; a new uprising of feminists happens, bringing out more misunderstanding between the sexes. So we see, individuals by the multitudes believing that they act in the interest of goodness, but inevitably reaching the opposite of their goals. Because they cannot see themselves as they really are, but only as they imagine themselves to be.

Thus we can say that "inner development" does not start with meditation, yoga, spirit invocation, alien abduction, removing gluten and caffeine from one's diet, or any other such method. No development can take place if we cannot first see what's inside; and why? For we are sure to lose our way, and very soon, if we start without knowing ourselves.

Now the first great barrier: you cannot know yourself if you cannot be honest with yourself. But your entire life you have been lying; in fact YOU are a lie, the very thing you call "I" is not true, not in the way that you think of it. So then if it is lying that you are accustomed to, to the point where you are yourself the lie, how to be honest?
>>
>>18266649
What dis is
>>
>>18266666

To whom it may concern.
>>
>>18266649
You are close to being right but you are wrong. It takes BOTH environmental influences and inner self reflection to achieve development. You need both.
>>
>>18266684

and where does it start?
>>
Until I carry out the unenjoyable, I cannot enjoy the process of living as a whole.
>>
If I am a lie then I guess the way to be honest would be to not be myself.

How do I not be myself?
>>
>>18266649
brotip: if you're not at the end of the road you're still deluding others, and more importantly yourself.

As for your question you might as well start from the start: what do you want? Clarify your aspiration and work from there. Settle for nothing less than truth
>>
>>18267501
all of it?
>>
Take LSD and experience ego loss.

If you don't want to take drugs practice becoming aware of the lies you tell yourself. Fight the pressure to view yourself positively and be honest. Realize that it's ok to be a bad person; it's ok that who you really are conflicts with your perception of yourself. When you make this realization you can take action to make them more congruent. Consider other perspectives on matters before taking action or speaking. Practice empathy. Talk is cheap.

Ultimately realize that many people are neither empathetic or honest with themselves. Become frustrated with the human condition. Post about it on /x/
>>
>>18268646

Yet even my wants might betray me. Where does a want come from? Ask the people around you, they might say "I want to help the poor and diseased", "I want to do something important", "I want to be successful". Where does it all come from? Whatever gradation of honesty I was able to attain to, has lightly hinted to me that even some of my wants are poisoned, tainted by experience; in fact you might say, they arise from "alien bodies" which have slowly built up and condensed within my general functioning, through years and years of malfunction of my human machine (to clarify the obvious: I do not say "alien" as in "extra terrestrial").

And what is present on the other side of that coin? - taking for granted that the both of us have observed and accepted the polar nature of being: the other side will feel quite different and, when in control, will strive towards a different direction.

So you have not a human being, but a ping-pong ball being tossed from one side of the table to the other, by paddles whose working is beyond the ball's control.

We want the system to be unified, and we want it to move in the direction that we want to go. So then, where to start?

>>18268759

Namaste. I am glad you have taken such steps within yourself. The "glue", however, is missing. To quote from your words,

>When you make this realization you can take action to make them more congruent.

Realizations I have found to be rather cheap; not as cheap as "talk", as you say, but certainly almost as fleeting. Now you realize your hopelessness, one hour later you are making threads on /x/ about the right paths to be taken.

So then, where is the "glue"? In other words, what holds together thought, want, need, realization, sexual/creative drive, purpose, aim? Where do we start?
>>
>>18269756
Where would you like to start?
Start at the finish line for simplicity's sake
Where does the start end and the end begin?
>>
>>18271964

of course if I could start at the finish line, there would be nowhere to go to begin with
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.