[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything /x/ related about Babe Ruth or any of the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Babe_Ruth_Red_Sox_1918.jpg (2MB, 3366x2447px) Image search: [Google]
Babe_Ruth_Red_Sox_1918.jpg
2MB, 3366x2447px
Is there anything /x/ related about Babe Ruth or any of the other early 20th century major leaguers?

Ty Cobb served as a captain during WWI in the Chemical Warfare Service, plus he looks like the fucking devil.

I always found this picture of Ruth very unsettling, like he's staring into my soul. Plus I always thought he was scary as a kid.
>>
it was and still is hard to wrap my head around the fact that he hit 60 homers a year when guys were hitting 2-12 homers a year, and those guys hitting 12,14,20 homers were considered sluggers, but he still did 4x better. he wasnt contested for decades. hes no doubt the greatest baseball player ever, being an expert in so many aspects of the game. the dude stole a shit ton of bases for fuks sake. he hit 60 homers at a time when the balls were softer and less dynamic then now. he increased his amount of homers year after year. its like he actually was an alien with super strength.
>>
>>18262634
his stats were "unnatural" almost supernatural, considering when you read about him and gherig competing for stats, apparently they were never off by two homers between each other.
>>
>>18262657
well, we can talk about the uniqueness of their career and the novelty but we are probably gonna get off the x topic doing that, and i like this board too much. so yes, i found myself staring at a pic of the babe my friends dad has in his baseball memorabilia room, and being a nut like i am, its so weird to think about the guy, but it must just be a fluke, or some weird aspect of histroy, instead of him being divinely influenced or something..................the guy was a real life super hero uber memsch to kids for decades....making them feel good....hope.....
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzc0NjM4NjA0.jpg (138KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzc0NjM4NjA0.jpg
138KB, 1200x1200px
>>18262785
But then there's Ty Cobb.

The guy was nuts, used to jump at basemen with his shoe spikes, his own mother killed his father something that his team mates would actually bully him for by destroying his property and such.

Plus his military history is pretty much non-existent except for his rank and unit.

The guy looks down-right evil to me.
>>
>>18262657
>unnatural

>tfw you're the guy who first discovered steroids and no one else had even thought of such things let alone considered testing or banning for them
Perhaps he was unnatural...
>>
>>18262879
you actually think that? its possible but no proof. i know ped hav been around for a while but no evidcnce of my babe using them. hes totally a soul selling extradimensional
>>
>>18262869
maybe thats why he threw away the world series
>>
>>18262930
The guy stole home 54 times, which is rarely even seen today
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.