[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, guys. I have no idea what meditation is. Could you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1477167781073.jpg (2MB, 2880x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1477167781073.jpg
2MB, 2880x2560px
Hey, guys. I have no idea what meditation is. Could you guys give me some directions in how to do it, please ?

Like, how to stay, on what to focus, what to do and that kind of stuff.
>>
So, no one ?
>>
Google, "zazen". Pretty simple and lots of available info.
>>
>>18262216

Thank you, anon. Will try it now.
>>
there are over 9000 ways to meditate.
the most basic starting point is just to try and still your mind, away yourself from your thoughts. just observe them rather than be them

after that, you can just observe all the subtle energies that flow thru your body.

after that, you can try and manipulate them all
>>
>>18262245

Sound a lot like lucid dreaming/obe setup
>>
>>18262246

And, consequently, not really meditation.
>>
>>18262256

so meditation is dreaming about your own thoughts and self ?
>>
>>18262261
Meditation is putting yourself within the frame of mind through stillness of allowing your thoughts to drift by, but not really to take part in them. It's like this, you're sitting there and a thought comes to mind. Rather than dwelling on that thought, you instead put yourself outside of the thought, be aware of the thought, but don't let it distract you. Eventually, you will see that the thoughts come like pods. You can either enter the pod, or you can watch it coast by as it completes what thoughts do.

When you arrive at that point, you can then become more aware of your surroundings.
For me, this led to me feeling each plant that was around me. As if all my senses had coalesced to form something of a humming sensation that filled the objects around me.
>>
>>18262261

Nope.
>>
File: rtre.jpg (170KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rtre.jpg
170KB, 800x600px
>>18259075
>>
meditation is meant to relax you
you can count sheep, or repeat a word in your head
when you notice you're thinking of something else, go back to the counting/word

trancendental meditation is repeating a god's name in your head
>>
>>18262274
This. I was bound by my thoughts, I had extreme depression, crushing self-criticism, and social anxiety. They were ruminating thoughts, repeating over and over. Two months of meditation and all my mind problems were gone completely, letting my good qualities of myself I had forgotten resurface. I felt like a living being again.

This is because I was able to experience thoughts as they are: just things that happen in my mind. The things I imagine, anticipate, and remember aren't reality. The cycles of self-destructive thoughts were broken. All this and I am only a beginner!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.