[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is magic? To any magic users what is it? Can you actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: magic.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
So what is magic?

To any magic users what is it?

Can you actually do anything with it or is it just kind of wishy washy power of positive thinking or "i put a curse on this girl and eventually something bad happened to her" ?
>>
>>18260971
>So what is magic?

magic is anytime you use words images sounds or any type of intended communication to change somebody else's mind

it happens all the time and is quite useful, all kinds of magic out there,
>>
>>18260971
A way to mitigate frustration and hopelessness by imagining one is causing change that one desperately wants to cause but cannot. The false hope of magic brings comfort but ultimately no exterior change.

>>18261019
Then "magic" is superfluous as it can be replaced with "persuasion."
>>
>>18260971
>or is it just kind of wishy washy power of positive thinking
Pretty much.
>>
>>18261048
Power of slave thinking. Neutral thinking gives clarity of mind and stoic resilience.

The true way of courage is to throw away magic, to do away with the desire to change anything except one's self and things that one can change in their own life through action. To not avert one's eyes to the horrors of the world but to be fully aware of them, and to accept them and be neutral to them, as they are just facts.
>>
>>18260971
It's control.

You shouldn't be trying to control things though. It's mean. Mind your own business please.
>>
>>18261062

>BEEP BOOP I AM ROBOT WITH NO EMOTOINS HOW DO YOU DO
>>
>>18260971
Confirmation bias coupled with effort justification. The trick is to not get consumed by your own ego.
>>
File: QlPw4.jpg (161KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
QlPw4.jpg
161KB, 500x628px
>>18261344
It's about accepting your emotions as well, the good and the bad, not pushing them away. However, it's senseless to have emotional reactions to frivolous things. Anger for example should be reserved for only the most serious situations.

Now, do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?
>>
Instead, she prefers to use headology, a sort of folk-psychology which can be summed up as "if people think you're a witch, you might as well be one". For instance, Granny could, if she wished, curse people. However it is simpler for her to say she has cursed them, and let them assume that she is responsible for the next bit of bad luck that happens to befall them; given her reputation this tends to cause such people to flee the country entirely.
>>
>>18261395

Nope :)
>>
>>18261395
Some people are just prone to anger due to their genetics.
>>
>>18261407
Here is some quality entertainment depicting exactly as you said: http://newepisodes.me/watch-kung-fu-online-free/1472/season-2-episode-4-the-brujo

Highly recommended.
>>
>>18261432
You can overcome your genetic tendencies with training and discipline. Usually it's called "growing up." We live in an era where many think that all emotions are mostly outside of our control. "How dare you make me feel that way!"
>>
>>18260971
Magic is a force made of nothing, but simply exsists. It has no reason to follow natural law. That's my take on it, please delete your 4chan account.
>>
Magic can't be summed up one way. Some faggots will say "writing a post is magic," some people will say it's burning sage to try and ward off evil spirits, and some people will do elaborate sex rituals to actually summon daemonic entities to force them to do their bidding.
>>
>>18260971
Eliphas Levi, Dion Fortune, and Aleister Crowley have all given a definition to it. LOOK IT UP.
>>
Magic is the art of doing nothing and thinking you have done something. Perfect for today's lazy millennial.
>>
>>18260971
Its mostly a load of shit, there are some things that hold true more than others based on the way our brains perceive information. Things such as memetic (meme) magic and the law of attraction work because of the way the brain processes things. "Willing" something to happen simply sends out signals that our brain chooses to ignore (like that optical illusion where staring at a dot makes the others go away, selective viewing or something). These signals can take the form of a random post on some image board causing others to think more like you or a biological process that makes others persuaded toward your point of view, either way your brain chooses to ignore it as it is not significant enough to remember and writes it off as synchronicity later down the line. This is the basis of all magic, essentially confirmation bias taken to the extreme. Sorry for the wall of rambling text but this is my best explanation for it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.