[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey x. I am doing work in a house last occupied by some old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161022_165720.jpg (3MB, 2368x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161022_165720.jpg
3MB, 2368x4208px
Hey x.
I am doing work in a house last occupied by some old guy. He moved and left a ton of his stuff behind. All fairly old. While I was painting one of the rooms, I found pic related. What the hell is it?
I also found a red cap with the sword symbol.
>>
It's an esoteric pentagram, a basic google search will suffice
>>
>>18260125
Wording seems to be some sort of hindu chant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TdH2VP8sE0
>>
That and the cap point to him being in some sort of magick society. Pretty harmless. A lot of those are just excuses for old guys to get together and fuck
>>
>>18260125

Fraternal organization, like an old school club for dudes.
>>
>>18260125
It honestly looks like somebody took a Taijitu pentacle and put it through a hermetic/solomonic blender, then garnished it with Dharma essence.

So, a mess basically.
>>
>>18260125
>Red cap with swords
The "cap is called a fez & the swords should also have the figure of an Egyptian head. This old man was a Shriner, part of the Freemasons.

And there's nothing weird about the Tetragramaton symbol anyways. It's just part of the Masonic teachings.
>>
>>18260129
>>18260235
Yeah according to google it's an esoteric pentagram (literally says it on the paper) as put forward by the new age of Aquarius(?). It is pretty shoddy in composition. Looks like somebody threw a bunch of symbols together in order to look magically 'legit'.
>>
>>18260247
>as put forward by the new age of Aquarius(?)
You're a dumbass then. This symbol was used in the Golden Dawn & has nothing to do with the Newfag Age movement or the age of Aquarius.

Tetragramaton is YHWH.
>>
>>18260251
Want to source that? It reminds me of the rosy cross slightly, but google gives me nothing.
>>
>>18260254
Just look up Tetragramaton & read as much as you can on the teachings of the Golden Dawn.

It's not rocket science & there's nothing New Age about this obvious Masonic symbol.
>>
File: Pentagram_(Levi).jpg (61KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Pentagram_(Levi).jpg
61KB, 612x612px
>>18260247
>>18260251
>>18260254
>>18260261
Both essentially wrong but both sort of right. The pentacle was originally constructed by Eliphas Levi in order to represent the microcosm as a whole, and as such incroporates various mythological and theological symbols to represent mankind. Think of it as the western esotericists' Dao.

Any groups like the new age of aquarius, or even the golden dawn (Despite his obvious influence to hermetics in general) that use it are just extrapolating meaning, because of course Levi was a go-to occult guy. It has no intrinsic masonic value, just as the Rosy Cross didn't. It's all just repurposed.
>>
Occultism was a pretty big hobby back in the day amongst 'social reprobates' I'd say the influence of Indian phrases mean that this it has influences in it's core following the big Religion World Fare in the late 1800s in Chicago. Probably good ole kitchen sink Occultism.

It is worth mentioning though, that if they were into Gnosticism YHWH(Judaism) , Brahman/The Triumvirate(Hinduism), and Transmutation of the soul (Hermeticism) are all represented.

That being said the indian stuff here just looks like first names....
>>
>>18260125
He's part of the Shriners. Are you in Tampa, anon? We have fuckloads of masons down here.
>>
>>18260325
No, I'm in is CT.
>>
>>18260333
I'm pretty sure the Shriners HQ is in Tampa, is why I asked. Nearly everyone down here in any position of power is a Mason, and they have a lot of fundraisers and other shit that benefit the community.

Anyway, you should look around at the rest of the old guy's shit and you'll probably find some really interesting knick knacks and shit.
>>
>>18260147
Why do the masses freak out about masonry etc., when you can go to any lodge or mason endorsed charity and just talk with completely normal people. Of course the esoteric teachings aren't really discussed, but a few google searches will get you stuff like >>18260270

It really is just a way for people to feel superior to the unthinking majority.
>>
>>18261390
Because it's shadowy and mysterious to most and by now, tons of dummies have seen entry level conspiracy stuff about freemasonry even if just passively. The real bastards in charge don't putter around in halls for rent for local weddings and quinceneras wearing funny hats
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.