[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR Christ-fag wants to make burning personal wickerman a thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wicker9[1].jpg (49KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
wicker9[1].jpg
49KB, 300x355px
Not sure if I'm the only one feeling this way, but this Halloween season has felt particularly stale. So I've been looking for new traditions to adopt that wouldnt just be fun but also could also be spiritually fulfilling.

Namely, burning a wickerman caught my interest. It seems to me that rituals are a balance of intention and, if there are, any inherent qualities of the materials and procedures used. So I had a few ideas of how to adopt this pagan, or at least neopagan, ritual into something spiritually fulfilling for Christians (inb4 Christian nabbin pagan shits again).
>>
(cont)
Since Halloween is themed around fall harvest, the changing of the seasons, and death, I thought it be appropriate to center this around mortality. Primarily I imagine this as constructing your own personal mini wickerman, but a community one would make sense too (if anyone would be convinced to do it) I'd like it to be a spiritual process from gathering to crafting to burning, not just the time its burned. I'd also like it to be made of nature found materials, tied off with tallgrass instead of synthetic string, and include things like sage in the construction etc.
>>
(cont)
So the ideas:

1. the intent here is focusing on your mortality throughout the process, realizing you are here for a purpose with a limited amount of time to accomplish it, writing a sincere prayer to God to accomplish His purpose for you, attaching it to the wickerman in some way before burning it. (especially use sage for this one)

2. the wickerman representing Christ's crusifiction and sacrafice, this is more of a memorial/time to reflect on His love for us. Lil generic but nonetheless pertinent.

3. the wickerman representing ourself before turning towards God, symbolically burning your "old self" as tribute to the transformation you've experienced. (no i dont think everyone who hears about Christ immediately becomes saintlike, my transformation has been slow and subtle but in retrospect enormous)

So, should I drop this in lue of attracting the wrong kind of entity, or messing with things I don't understand, or what do you guys think of this?
>>
>>18259412
>what do you guys think of this?
I think you forgot that in Christianity cremation is blasphemous because it renders the Resurrection impossible and destroys the physical covenant between you and god. This is also why tattoos are not Christian.
>>
>>18259426
Isn't celebration of the dead also a thing Christians dislike? I'm not saying it is but Christians seem to not observe halloween like regular people do.
>>
>>18259426
Interesting point, I hadn't considered this, but its also an effigy and not your actually body, and more symbolic than literal.

>>18259448
Yes and no. I attend an orthodox church and almost every Sunday theres a memorial ceremony for the anniversary of a church members death, which is followed by giving out a sweet snack called Koliva and usually a better than usual post-church luncheon.

Point being, death in Christianity is somewhat a melancholy celebration in hopes that the person is with God, or will be at the Resurrection. The issue modern Christians have with Halloween is likely excessive gruesomeness undermining the sanctity of death and associations with demon-like things.
>>
>>18259448
>Has never heard of All Saints day & All Souls day
ffs You call yourself a christfag?
>>
>>18260392
I'm not op or catholic.
>>
I'm looking for some legitimate reasons not to do this, or suggestions on how to do it right. Don't want to attract demons etc.
>>
>>18259405
Oh look, Christcucks stealing pagan shit to call their own again, while continuing to dismiss the gods of those religions as "HURR DEMUNZ".

Also, OP can't inb4.
>>
>>18260392
That's the day after Halloween though. They can observe all saints day without observing Halloween.

But personally I've never even been to a church that ever really observed either one. They always had some sort of mini-carnival sort of attractions so That christian children whose parents refused to observe Halloween still had something to do.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.