[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we are the universe, what does that imply about the afterlife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Many-Galaxies-3.jpg (382KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Many-Galaxies-3.jpg
382KB, 700x467px
If we are the universe, what does that imply about the afterlife? Do our atoms dissolve into nature? Do we remain conscious? Are we reborn?
>>
File: 1406152230368.png (737KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406152230368.png
737KB, 1920x1080px
Verily I say to you,

don't worry about it
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-03-13-18-07.png (426KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-03-13-18-07.png
426KB, 854x480px
Don't forget where you come from
>>
>>18250105
>screenshot of a photo of a screen that shows a thumbnail

Seems like you forgot, that you are the result million years of evolution. Fucking act like it!
>>
>>18250112
Time moves more slowly in the void of space, so what would feel like only a few short centuries to a voyager would actually occur in the span of 40,000 years on Earth,
so it's really not as longa s it seems
>>
>>18250093
It implies, that you cant experience nothingness. There is always information in the universe and your mind acts as an observer. An observer cant just stop observing. There is no nothingness to be experienced.
>>
>>18250123
Dont know man, compared to earth time actually moves faster in the void of space (as in: under less gravitation). Not that this matters in regard to my post, since human evolution happened on earth.
But I dont want to come across too snarky here. You guys bring up interesting concepts
>>
>>18250124
Tell that "theory" to any scientist and watch them laugh their balls off at your gaytardation
>>
Depends on your spiritual path.

Are you 'attached' to your personality you most likely disolve
Are you on a spiritual path to discover your TRUE SELF you might be reborn to learn moar.
>>
>>18250145
You're wrong about that

Less gravity means less energy which means all processes occur more slowly

Whoever told you that was obviously not educated on the subject of interstellar space travel
>>
>>18250148
Maybe /b/ is more your speed? Just implying that a scientist would disagree? "gaytardation"?

Thats just blatant shitposting. thanks
>>
>>18250167
Durrhurrr speed dyrrrrrrr shitposting
>>
>>18250158
No, I am sure you mixing something up here.

>interstellar space travel
and I think, thats the reason. When you are travelling very fast, time indeed will "move slower" for you relative to a resting observer.
But with the gravitational component in time dilation it behaves in the way, I explained it. To take a more extreme example to illustrate that point: If you could get close enough to a black hole, you could theoretically watch a timelapse of the rest of the universe. Mere moments for you would be millenia for the people outside of huge gravitational wells
>>
>>18250093
>If
theres your problem. you start off with an hypothetical question, then you hypothesize further on that question. if you dont have proof to back your first hypothesis, dont even bother going further, thats how retards are created
>>
>>18250180
yep, blatant shitposting. Forget /b/, you are on /s4s/ levels now. I am not even expecting good arguments here, but you are just cancer
>>
>>18250197
Other way around

During every moment on Earth, many moments pass on Mercury. This is common knowledge
>>
>>18250202
Thats not what happened though. OP just asked questions under the assumption, that we are the universe.
Do you even hypothetical scenario, bro?
>>
>>18250093
There is no consciousness after we die.
>>
>>18250211
>no

I just explained it to you my man. You mix that up. really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation#Gravitational_time_dilation

Also, the difference in time dilation between earth and mercury is very, very, fucking small.
>>
>>18250211
>During every moment on Earth, many moments pass on Mercury
While that is extremely hyperbolic, you say, that time moves slower with more gravity, while claiming to disagree with that notion. You are a doublenigger and a faggot
>>
>>18250285
Time doesn't "move" anywhere because it is not a substance, ya dingy
>>
File: 1471895389133.png (95KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471895389133.png
95KB, 300x300px
>>18250293
aww shit nigga, really forgot here, that "move" only applies to substances. thanks fellow, dingy
>>
>>18250207
Adurrrrrr 4Chan boards durrrrfffkfkfkkd cancer. Get real faggot
>>
>>18250312
*pets head*
>>
>>18250308
Well I guess if you disregard their definitions you can use words however you want
>>
>>18250329
*activates anti-gay shield*
>>
>>18250156
Neat.
But wouldnt it be in budhism for example the other way around? Isnt it your spiritual goal to "disolve"?
>>
>>18250331
You really shouldnt do that, though
>>
>>18250093
I would slam my giant space dick right into that that fizzy galatic space vigina and shoot my spunky cosmos juice right into the next 2 billion light years.
>>
>>18250123
I dony know whrre your getting your information. But 'time' floawd faster in tge void because essentialy gravity weighs down time
>>
>>18250447
">floawd"
>>
>>18250447
>>18250463
Sheit that was some wild spelling. I mean
Time does not flow faster in a void because essentually gravity weighs energy down and speeds it up as it aproaches a gravitaional center
>>
>>18250093
Some creepy stuff

and something like this:
>>18250124
>>
>>18250447
>time
>weight
Time can't be weighed down you dinghy, because it doesn't have mass
>>
>>18250544
>>
>>18250093
"In a chemical reaction, matter is neither created nor destroyed" (Law of Lavoisier). Nothing can be made non existent. Things are always in a perpetual transitory state, ever-changing as the Universe dictates (by its own course of evolution).
- Does that answer your question?
>>
>>18250575
People apply this to consciousness but all our consciousness is is a conglomerate of perceptions. When you die you're dead. That's it.
>>
>>18250544
That why i said essentually, because im slack to go into whats really happening.
But now i will, so you understand your wrong. Right now gravity a univirsrally attractive force meaninging it pulls in everything including energy
Time a system to measure the amount of change in a given system.
So technically gravity has no effect on time, but what it really does is accelerate the energy an any given sytem meaning more movement per cycle of measurement or unit of time, meaning from a neutral view point gravity 'speeds up time'
>>
>>18251046
>>18250244
>>
File: space wallpaper.jpg (2MB, 3032x2008px) Image search: [Google]
space wallpaper.jpg
2MB, 3032x2008px
I think a multitude of things could happen, your body dies but energy never dies and the energy running your body can transfer anywhere. Into other dimensions, back into human reality, you could be conscience life but in a dimension we can not comprehend. I believe the possibilities are infinite and all interwoven. All is one, you are the universe experiencing itself in real time.
>>
>>18250124
I experienced nothingness during a gall bladder operation under general anesthesia. One moment I was awake, the next it was hours later. I was gone, I didn't exist, or else I would have experienced myself existing. sleep isn't unconscious, you experience the passing of time, it's an altered state of consciousness.

So, yeah, you're wrong. Sorry if that contradicts your needy need for an afterlife you have for some reason.
>>
>>18250124
>>18250575
>>18251188
/thread

>>18250148
not really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarity_(physics)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_(quantum_physics)
and for self-reflection:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
>>18251231
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarity_(physics)
>Misinterpreting quantum mechanics arrogantly while knowing absolutely nothing about it besides from wiki pages and charlatans.

Take a vow of silence for the rest of your life to spare humanity from your stupidity.
>>
>>18251237
nice assumptions there mate. was just linking it for anon to read up on some basic concepts. thanks for the shitpost tho
>>
>>18251228
Maybe you didn't remember it. When one goes to sleep forgets what he dreamt, if he dreamt, did he stop existing in the time before his going to sleep and waking up?
>>
>>18251138
you got me there. i had it backwards. due to the force exerted on any given system within a gravitation field or otherwise gravitation wave, the cycles of energy within the system, per measure of time are decreased, thus giving the effect of slowing time. we have to understand that time is nothing more than a measure of change of a given system in a given amount of cycles or oscillations, no more existent then a meter or a degree. spacetime exist as much as spacedistance or spaceheat.
>>
>>18251228
>I experienced nothingness
No, you havent. You were just unconscious.

> you experience the passing of time
then you weren really sleeping. Normally you fall asleep and wake up as if it was the very next moment, with only context clues to determin how much time has passed.

Neither of those scenarios are "being dead" either, so thats besides the point
>>
Reality doesn't exist without consciousness

We are just the void dreaming up everything
>>
>>18250148

are you 12 years old lmfao
>>
Consciousness is a wavelenght

Our atoms are brought back to nature and our wavelenghts are picked up by another antennae

The chemical "you" dies but consciousness remains
>>
>>18251881
A forest exists if you're not there to see it you retarded fucking faggot
>>
File: 20140422.png (375KB, 684x2518px) Image search: [Google]
20140422.png
375KB, 684x2518px
Depends who you think you are. If you think you're a sack of atoms, then you experience nothingness, up until the point that you lose the capacity to think "I am a sack of atoms." At which point you then experience not that thing--what do you suppose the experience of not nothingness is?

If you think you're not just a sack of atoms, then you experience whatever reality it is you think a person like you would experience, given who you are. Make sense?

You are one terminal of the universe gaining awareness of itself. Consciousness is a story you tell yourself. Experience is one terminal of consciousness, and your thoughts are the other. What you experience is directly related to what you think. This is called efficacy.

Do you have efficacy? If not, then you wait until you are forced (since you believe you can't do it on your own, since you don't have efficacy) to forget that you don't have efficacy. Seriously, it's just efficacy. Look it up.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.